I stayed in this hotel last night for one night. The room was nice and the bar was very comfortable. My problem with this hotel started at 1.15 am last night when I used the public toilets. They were very dirty and no toilet roll in the toilets. There was paper towels all around the floor and the sink unit. I told the two gentlemen who were working on the reception that the toilets were very dirty and needed to be cleaned immediately. One of the gentlemen told me he will see to it. I told him that the hotel wasn't that busy in the bar area for the toilets to be in such bad condition. He said they were very busy in the hotel. I visit the toilet again at 2.25 am to find the place in exactly the same condition. Nobody had checked the toilet after I told them. There was a glass there on the sink unit the first time I noticed
the state of the place and the same glass was there the next time. I went back up to the reception and he said that the cleaners were busy. Very unimpressed with me for being annoying is how I read the manners of the staff. This morning on check out I said it to the receptionist and she got the manager. Mr Patrick Nolan came out to speak to me regarding my problem. I was told that they were short staffed and that they had a very busy night last night as there was a function taking place in the hotel. Thy had no female staff member to go into the toilet with the cleaners so they had to wait. This is the most ridiculous excuse I ever heard. There was a female bartender working in the public bar that wasn't that busy who could have gone into check the condition of the toilet. Why should we put up with paying high price to stay in a hotel and then have to use dirty toilets and badly mannered staff and manager. I am not happy with the way I was treated by the three staff members that I spoke to regarding this issue. Not acceptable to have a bad level of cleanliness in a well branded hotel such as this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You are guaranteed the best of all worlds when you stay at the luxurious four star Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Galway. Scenic Galway Bay views, luxury city centre hotel accommodation, excellent food, world class spirit one spa & leisure facilities, superb conference & meeting venue and elegant wedding facilities.Take advantage of some of Galway's great shopping streets, making it easy to explore the area's best attractions and fit some shopping in along the way! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookAssist, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Galmont Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel And Spa, Galway
- Radisson Hotel Galway
- Radisson Galway
- Galway Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel Galway
- Radisson Sas Galway