“Nice hotel”

The Galmont Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Overall had a great stay, hotel had loads of room although it had a strange layout, the bed was kind of around the corner from everything else so couldn't view the tv from the bed. Bed was really comfy tho and HUGE loved it. Breakfast was good, big variety of food

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this review of our recent stay with us.

I will bring your feedback regarding the layout our your bedroom to the attention of our management team and we will investigate any improvements that could be made in this regard.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our super buffet breakfast.

I hope that will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best wishes & many thanks,

Sarah O Mahony

Write a ReviewReviews (2,667)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is a short walk from the main attractions. It has an underground car park (with a charge for hotel guests of 5 Euros per night). The reception was friendly and helpful. We were allocated a room on the executive floor. The room was attractively furnished with a large bathroom containing both a walk in shower and bath. There was a balcony although the noise from the air conditioning when the doors were open was somewhat of a distraction. Unfortunately the corridor to the room was dismal - with badly stained light carpet and chipped doors which detracted from the feel good factor. The breakfast was an excellent buffet of hot and cold foods. The spa facilities are very good, with an outside hot tub (jacuzzi) as well as an inside jacuzzi, swimming pool, steam room and sauna. The service throughout our stay was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time the write this informative review.

I am so happy to read that you were so pleased with the service that you received during your stay.

I would also like to let you know that we are in the process of changing all of the carpets on Level 5.

I hope that you will return to the hotel in the future and that you will be impressed with the improvements that we have made.

Best wishes and many thanks again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The room was tired and uncomfortable. The TV had multiple streaks in it and the colour was 'off' so we couldn't really see the shows.

Not in a bad location. Service was OK.

Would I stay again? No. Very expensive for a branded hotel that I expected much more from.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am so disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your time here and would really like to hear more about the areas that were not up to standard.

I would really appreciate if you could take the time to contact me directly so that I can here more about your stay. My direct email is sarah.omahony@radissonblu.com

I hope you hear from you soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The next to last day of our honeymoon and after a very long drive we were exhausted! The staff at the Blu were superb! Got us into a room early and the room was fantastic. Ideal location for foot travel around the downtown district and a very pleasant lounge with tremendous hospitality!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

I so please to read that you had such a pleasant stay with us. I hope that you will be back to Galway very soon.

Thank you for choosing to include the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway in your Honeymoon Trip. It was our pleasure to be a part of this special occasion.

Best wishes and many thanks,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lovely hotel 5mins walk from the centre of the action in Galway but on the right side of the city centre to allow you to get some sleep in the wee ours of the morning! Well appointed rooms. Well equipped gym with sauna, jacuzzi, steam room all exactly as you would want. The highlight however was the glorious breakfast. It is worth paying a little extra to eat in the hotel in the morning as it will truly set you up for the rest of day - homemade smoothies (choice of two), juices, range of chopped or whole fresh fruits, yoghurts, fruit coulis, lots of varieties of nuts, range of cereals, pastries, croissants, fresh rolls, fresh homemade bread, chocolate muffins, ryvita, rice cakes, range of cheeses, salmon, cold meats, salads, as well as the choice for your fried breakfast. Without doubt the best breakfast of any hotel I have stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review.

It is fantastic to get such positive feedback. I will be sure to pass your high praise onto our Restaurant and kitchen teams . They will be so delighted to hear that they help make your stay so special.

I hope that you will be back soon for another Radisson Blu Super Buffet Breakfast.

Best wishes & many thanks,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Despite the delay at check in, due mostly to the popularity of the hotel, a happy and smiling receptionist called Lisa checked me in. Would other hotels just learn to simply welcome their guests?We are, after all, paying for the privilidge of staying in your rooms.Bar staff were so nice also. Room was good with a/c. The Radisson have improved all the areas in which they had previously fallen down on. Breakfast buffet is the best in the country, although I do love being served a cooked breakfast to the table, a lá Hayfield Manor. Left the Radisson feeling I wanted to stay longer.Thanks guys!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are sometimes available.5th floor rooms are def worth the splurge.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

A huge thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review.

I so glad that you had a nice stay with us and we would have been delighted for you to stay longer. I am delighted that you felt so welcome at our hotel.

I am also thrilled to read that you like our recent refurbishments. It is always great to get such positive feedback from our guests.

We will be looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a business conference in May. After reading some of the TA reviews in advance, I was concerned about the level of service I would encounter upon arrival. (Many of the staff are not Irish, and you may be disappointed if you are looking for a friendly, Irish welcome. However, most of the staff works hard and aims to please.) The rooms are clean and the property, overall, is well-maintained. The breakfast buffet is very nice, and the other food options are more than adequate.

Do not expect an early check-in, even if it is promised. Also, there were times when the front desk did not respond to phone calls from the room, so I had to go downstairs on three occasions to see them in person in order to attend to my needs.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. However I would like to apologise for the issues you experienced when attempting to contact the front desk. I will bring this to the attention of our Front Office Manager and ensure that this is addressed and resolved so that this is not a problem In the future. We do strive to offer our guests the very best in service and I am sorry that we let you down in this regard.

I hope that this will not deter you from visiting the hotel in the future as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Galway.