“Radisson apts”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Having just arrived back after staying there sat and Sunday night thought I would put thought on paper, really lovely relaxing clean place to stay, lovely bright and spacious , fridge freezer , washing machine / dryer, oven really clean, open plan kitchen dining and sitting room , out in hall a toilet, bedrooms down stairs lovely and clean 1 has ensuite. And other has the main bath room. now the downside for the summer at least , too warm and even with windows open not enough air to cool down the rooms but perhaps a good complaint in winter, but that would not put me off staying again and I know I will be back. We had breakfast in the hotel and have stayed before it was still as good as ever you cannot fault a thing with the food , even to having poached eggs they were very happy to cook for us, the staff a warm and friendly smiling as they go about their work. Check in and out was quick again the staff friendly and happy.I look forward to my next trip with you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for this very kind review.

I am delighted that you enjoy your stay in our apartments. I will bring your constructive feedback regarding the temperature of the rooms to the attention of our property manager and we will look into ways of addressing this issue.

I will also pass your very kind words about our breakfast and our staff to our entire team, they will be thrilled that they help make your stay so pleasant.

We will look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a girly weekend with my best friend and we had a fantastic time. The room was nice with a really comfy bed and tv with good channels. On our first night we went to the bar and had cocktails, there was a man playing the piano and it was lovely and relaxing. We went to the Spa the next day to use the thermal suite. It was absolutely brilliant, we spent four hours there chilling out and chatting. The next day we even went back again, at €20 for the day It was excellent value for such a relaxing experience. We used the pool, which was nice and the outdoor jacuzzi too. The jacuzzi was a fun novelty, especially being outside in bikinis in the irish weather! Overall it was a great, relaxing fun experience and we are returning next month to enjoy it all over again!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ShoosieSha

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review of our hotel.

I am so glad that you choose the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway for your girls weekend away. There is plenty to do here in the hotel and of course loads going on around the city throughout the summer.

I am delighted to read that you are coming back to us so soon and I hope that your next experience will be as relaxing as the last.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a 3 night break in the Radisson in May and we enjoyed ourselves. Our room was spotless and the bed huge and comfy. The breakfast was one of the best that we have had, great fresh fruit, varieties of bread, teas and of course the full Irish. Reception staff very nice. Wine very pricey in the restaurant but to have wine is by choice........... I thought there might have been slippers and a dressing gown in the room, that was disappointing and there was no bottled water either. Pity. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of your stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

I do apologise that you were disappointed not to find a robe and slippers in your room but these items are available upon request in all our standard bedrooms. I hope that you will return to our hotel in the future and we would be delighted to assist with this request next time.

Looking forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Overall had a great stay, hotel had loads of room although it had a strange layout, the bed was kind of around the corner from everything else so couldn't view the tv from the bed. Bed was really comfy tho and HUGE loved it. Breakfast was good, big variety of food

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this review of our recent stay with us.

I will bring your feedback regarding the layout our your bedroom to the attention of our management team and we will investigate any improvements that could be made in this regard.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our super buffet breakfast.

I hope that will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best wishes & many thanks,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is a short walk from the main attractions. It has an underground car park (with a charge for hotel guests of 5 Euros per night). The reception was friendly and helpful. We were allocated a room on the executive floor. The room was attractively furnished with a large bathroom containing both a walk in shower and bath. There was a balcony although the noise from the air conditioning when the doors were open was somewhat of a distraction. Unfortunately the corridor to the room was dismal - with badly stained light carpet and chipped doors which detracted from the feel good factor. The breakfast was an excellent buffet of hot and cold foods. The spa facilities are very good, with an outside hot tub (jacuzzi) as well as an inside jacuzzi, swimming pool, steam room and sauna. The service throughout our stay was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time the write this informative review.

I am so happy to read that you were so pleased with the service that you received during your stay.

I would also like to let you know that we are in the process of changing all of the carpets on Level 5.

I hope that you will return to the hotel in the future and that you will be impressed with the improvements that we have made.

Best wishes and many thanks again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The room was tired and uncomfortable. The TV had multiple streaks in it and the colour was 'off' so we couldn't really see the shows.

Not in a bad location. Service was OK.

Would I stay again? No. Very expensive for a branded hotel that I expected much more from.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am so disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your time here and would really like to hear more about the areas that were not up to standard.

I would really appreciate if you could take the time to contact me directly so that I can here more about your stay. My direct email is sarah.omahony@radissonblu.com

I hope you hear from you soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The next to last day of our honeymoon and after a very long drive we were exhausted! The staff at the Blu were superb! Got us into a room early and the room was fantastic. Ideal location for foot travel around the downtown district and a very pleasant lounge with tremendous hospitality!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

I so please to read that you had such a pleasant stay with us. I hope that you will be back to Galway very soon.

Thank you for choosing to include the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway in your Honeymoon Trip. It was our pleasure to be a part of this special occasion.

Best wishes and many thanks,