“Enjoyable”

Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Galway
West Virginia
“Enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located and within walking distance to city. The view was nice and the breakfast was plentiful. The staff was very friendly and I enjoyed the comfort of the business class room. I will stay here again on my next visit to Galway. I'm looking forward to it!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your complimentary review of our hotel.

I am delighted to read that your stay was pleasant and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back upon your next visit to Galway.

Again , thank you and best wishes,

Sarah O Mahony

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Florianopolis, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Located just on the edge of the city shopping district, a pedestrian area, with lots of options, even to have a good meal.
I had a good experience with the reception staff, and the room I've got was confortable enough for a 4 stars hotel. No complains. The breakfast was also good as expected.
I would use this hotel again!

1 Thank Luiz Cesar F
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind review of your recent stay with us.

I am so happy to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and were impressed with all our facilities.

We will look forward to your return visit.

Best wishes,

Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

U$171 I have learned my lesson here. They gave us a handicap room. The bathroom door would not stay shut and would slam open against the sink. We walked into the main part of town and felt uncomfortable even though we were two guys. The hotel is not right around the shops but a couple of blocks away.

For a major city the hotel TV had no self promotion of the city.

The breakfast was €17 and was the most EXPENSIVE in all of Ireland and I would say not worth it. We saw here what was €8 else where. I saw a sign for cottage cheese here that did not look like the US Version of Cottage Cheese.

Remember the mini bars of the 70s They still have one here but it is empty.

Full !! King!! Queen!! those are beds

There is no such thing as two twins beds linked together. --- I do not know what this country's fascination is with doing this?

Room Tip: Don't get breakfast at €17 pp
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinators at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you fro taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am very disappointed to read that we seem to have let you down on this occasion and I do apologise that you did not feel you received value for your money at our hotel.

I will bring each of the points that you raised to the attention of our management team and use your feedback to improve the service we provide.

I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Bets wishes,

Sarah
Chicago, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My family of 5 recently stayed in a two bedroom apartment at this hotel for one night during our two week trip to Europe. The hotel was in a central location and we were able to walk to a street that had many restaurants and bars as well as a convenience store. There was a parking structure on-site, which was nice. The pool/spa area was nice and we took advantage of the indoor and outdoor hot tubs. The breakfast that came with the room rate was above average and there were tons of options. The only thing that I really didn't care for was the apartment itself. The apartment is not part of the actual hotel (you have to walk outside to access it) but you do use the same drive way as the hotel. The interior of this building is very dated, with an old elevator. The décor of the apartment is dated, although it was very clean. Since we just stayed for one night, it was fine for our family. Since the apartment is set away from the actual hotel, there isn't a desk person to be by the front door and you must use your key to enter. The night we were there, someone was having a party and kept propping the door open so that a key wasn't required to enter. This made us feel a little unsafe and obviously wouldn't be happening if hotel staff was nearby.

Room Tip: I would stay in the actual hotel and not in an apartment.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ChicagoJillo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your taking the time to offer us your constructive feedback.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us. However, I would like to apologise for the issue you experienced with our apartments. I completely understand your concerns regarding the door to the apartment. I will speak to our property manager and we will discuss I suitable solution to rectify this issue.

I hope that this will not deter you from staying with us in the future. We do also have interconnecting rooms that may be suitable for your family.

I hope that you enjoyed your trip to Europe and hope you will return in the future.

Best wishes & many thanks ,

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel is right on the edge of the city center near the train/bus depot. This location affords it a connected parking structure for 5 EUR a night if you are staying at the hotel. The hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk to the heart of the city center's pedestrianized zone where there are lots of options for shopping, dining, etc.

The room itself is fine - the beds were reasonably comfortable. The bathroom we had was a little tight size-wise, but not unbearably so. There was limited closet/hanging space, but it was sufficient.

The breakfast buffet was ample and they had all the traditional Irish favorites including scones which were really nice (and the waitress even brought me some cream for it!). Get there early if you want a little quiet as it was really busy when we went mid-morning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am glad to read you enjoyed our Breakfast buffet so much and especially the scones.

I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Best wishes,

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have to stay here occasionally for work and I hate it! The male reception staff are rude and very obnoxious! One would think I was bothering them each time I have to check in! The location of this hotel is good and the gym staff are lovely but the rest of the hotel staff leave a lot to be desired! The food is average. For what you get it is pricey.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your constructive feedback.

I really disappointed to read that you have had such poor experiences at our hotel.

I would really like the opportunity to speak to you directly about the issues you have had with us and I would like to assure you that this is not the level of service that we strive for.

My direct contact is: sarah.omahony@radissonblu.com.

I hope that I will hear from you soon.

Many thanks & best wishes,

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed for just one night but this was a return visit. Location couldnt be bettered central but not too central - no road noise. Lovely clean room and all at a really good price. Have used the spa before and its great

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway for a second time.

I really appreciate you taking the time to offer your kind feedback and I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back again very soon.

Best wishes and many thanks,