“Wonderful (99 percent)”

The Galmont Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent in almost every way- location close to Shop St, great food and stellar service. Rooms were spacious with comfortable beds and pillows ( so hard to find) The only sour note was upon checkout. The desk clerk was very brusque, as though I was wasting his time. He didn't thank us for our stay or even crack a smile. It's a shame that this was our last impression, as the rest of our stay was very enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this helpful review of our hotel.

I would like to apologise for the poor last impression you were left with upon checking out of our hotel. I will pass this feedback onto our Front Office Manager.

I hope that this final impression did not tainted your, otherwise positive experience with us and hope that you will return in the future.

Again many thanks for your feedback.

Sarah O Mahony

Write a ReviewReviews (2,667)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Perfect location - 2 min walk from Galway's train/bus station, and just a couple more to Shop Street, the historic entertainment district. The rooms were large and modern, a pianist played in the lounge each evening, and a large terrace overlooking Galway Bay was the perfect backdrop for enjoying a few cocktails and relaxing. We did notice the hotel attracts a lot of first time travelers (?) who gummed up the check-in/out procedures, and the elevator is a little capricious. There should probably be more than two for this size hotel, but that was the only frustration.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for this lovely review of our hotel.

I am delighted to read that you had such a pleasant stay with us. I hope that will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa on your next visit to Galway.

Thanks you again,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

If you had enough of the old fashioned country hotels in Ireland - then the Radisson Blu offers a welcome change. Contemporary styling with the efficiency of an international hotel chain. The executive level (5th floor) room we booked was large and included an equally spacious bath room, all in the same nordic styling that the rest of the hotel has. And all of that in a top location which offers terrific views but is still well within walking distance of the city. If you are traveling by car there is a big underground parking for EUR 5 per day. We will return here when coming back to Galway.

Room Tip: 5th floor executive room offers breathtaking views of Lough Atalia. Absolutely worth the price.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway.

We will very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great Hotel w/Clean, comfortable rooms, great service, wonderfull breakfast. The Location is just a short walk to Quay streets and all the great restaurants and pubs. The Lobby is grand, the staff were very pleasant. Our room had a King size bed, that was very comforable. The Bathrooms were decent. We really did not have a complaint.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank James M
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coorinator at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this very kind review of our hotel .

I am delighted to read that you had such a positive experience with us and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Many thanks & best wishes,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

After waiting nearly 1.5 hours to get into the room (2.5 hours after the stated check time of 3:00), what we found was anything but a "luxury two bedroom apartment" and left before we even unpacked.

When we did gain access, we learned the apartment had no a/c (though it was listed on Travelocity as included), we were informed the water heater had to be turned on prior to taking a shower (at best giving only enough hot water for two showers-there are four of us), the carpets were soiled, some of the furniture was falling apart and the room had bugs flying around.

In addition to the bugs because of the windows that had to be open because there was no a/c, there was plenty of noise coming in as well because the location is on a fairly busy road.

Perhaps the hotel rooms there are fine, but the apartment we were given definitely was not.

Would not recommend.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TM4789
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the poor experience you had on your recent stay with us. I can assure you that this is not the level of quality that we strive to offer our guests. I will bring each of your points to the attention our management team and we will take immediate action to address the issues you have mentioned.

I hope that this experience will not deter you from staying with us in the future. We would very much like to welcome you back and would also hope to show you the high standards of service and quality that we aim to offer each guest. Again I do apologise that we let you down on this occasion and hope we will get the chance to change the poor impression we left with you.

My direct email is : sarah.omahony@radissonblu.com should you wish to contact me with further details of your stay.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with a group of friends on Saturday night. Great location, atmosphere, service and rooms. There was a little noise late at night (11 hen parties were apparently staying in the hotel that night according to reception when one of our party asked for a quiet room!) but other than that it was great. I found the reception staff excellent however three in my party all separately mentioned a very rude American male receptionist whom I luckily avoided by all accounts! Excellent breakfast and efficient checkout. Beds were huge and shower was great. I would stay here again if I was in Galway!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks you so much taking the time to write this review. It is really important for us to receive both positive and constructive feedback from our guests.

I would like to assure you that all our points will be taken on board and I hope that your next visit will surpass the last.

We will look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Many thanks & best wishes,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel for Galway Arts festival week. Unfortunately cleanliness of room was not good I.e dirty cups and glasses left in room and not replaced. Bedside tables not cleaned. Breakfast buffet although good selection ,was in part cold. In outdoor tub area the glass was filthy which took away from the view of the bay. Lots of weeds in the garden area also. In my opinion this hotel could do with a bit of a makeover failing that a good clean and maintenance. Four star prices without the four star quality.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is really important for us to receive this feedback so that we can make improvements going forward.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the areas in which we let you down. I will bring each of your points to the attention of our management team and will make every effort to rectify the areas in which you highlighted issues.

Again thank you for your constructive feedback.