“Well Done”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Very friendly staff great clean rooms and a brilliant choice of breakfast. Very good location 10 mins walk to Galway center. Loads of taxis and great view from hotel lounge. I would go back no problem.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
RadissonHotel G, Social Medi Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to return to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway again in the future.

We will look forward to your next visit.

Sarah O Mahony

Write a ReviewReviews (2,638)

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed 1 night at the hotel with my wife and we received a welcome greeting when we arrived at reception, the rooms are spacious and the bed is comfortable, breakfast is very good but the wifi is a bit slow, overall a very nice pleasant stay and a 5 minute walk to Eyre Square.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback after your recent stay with us.

I do apologise that you experienced issues with our wifi service. I would like to assure you that this not a regular occurrence and I hope that this will not deter you from staying with us in the future.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Many thanks & best wishes,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We returned to the Radison Blu Hotel and had a surprising pleasurable experience. I am happy to state any previous issues I had with this hotel have changed and improved. A simple thing as the second lift being fixed made a difference. The staff were very polite at reception, the hotel was very clean and all services were explained on arrival.
I would be happy to stay here again after this pleasant experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you back to the hotel.

We will look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We hade a great stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel & SPA in Galway.
The staff were all very friendly and helpfull.
The SPA facilities were great, so was the Super Buffet Breakfast.

The hotel however seems to need a little bit of refurbishment in certain areas.

Credit has to be given for what according to my girlfriend was the best hairdryers in any hotel she has stayed in.

We will most certainly come back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a water-view, it is beautiful!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks you for taking the time to write this review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is great to read that your girlfriend was impressed with the facilities in the bedroom. A good hair drier is very important.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed here recently on a Saturday night as we were attending a Party in Galway. We paid €230 per room and €5 for the car park. Felt it was really, really over priced. When we went to check in at 3pm our room wasn't ready, so the receptionist went off for about 5 minutes to try find us another room. The room view was facing a wall and very plain, nothing better than any other hotel room.

Felt as a guest, we shouldn't be charged to park our car.

And the swimming pool was so cold, I couldn't get into it. So I went to the hot tub outside and met a lady, who also said the same, she also thought it was too cold to get into.

Lots of noise in the early hours around the hotel corridors, that it woke us twice.

Overall, I definitely wouldn't be returning at that price. I feel there is better value in a better location around Galway city.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am very disappointment to read that you did not leave with a positive impression of the hotel.

In relation to our swimming pool, I would like to let you know that we keep the water at a constant temperature which is between 28 and 29 degrees. I will bring your feedback to the attention of our Leisure Centre Manager to take into consideration for future planning.

I do apologise for any aspects of your stay that left you disappointed. We really appreciate the feedback you have offered and will take each point on board.

Again thank you and best wishes,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I absaloutely love this hotel! it is situated within a 5 minute walk to the city centre, which is ideal for those not familiar with the city. The bedrooms are cosy and extremely clean. And the breakfast is the best I have ever had in a hotel! There is so much food to choose from and the staff are so friendly! would definitely consider this as a wedding venue!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway

I delighted to read that you rated Super Breakfast Buffet so highly.

I hope you will return very soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel is perfect for families. We stayed here for 2 nights and wished our stay could have been longer. It is perfectly situated near the train and bus station - literally across the street. The shopping and city center are just blocks away. We had the B&B option which was great as they have an amazing breakfast spread! Lots of options and choices! The pool got a little crowded and my children (8&10) felt a little uncomfortable to swim while others were doing their laps - granted they were swimming at busy time of day for the gym - in the evenings between 6-8. Bring your swim cap! We didn't have any but there are some for purchase. The room itself was clean and comfortable - we had a family room - so perfect for the 4 of us. There was a mix of business people, families, and tour buses! If you want a quiet room, great breakfast but close to the action this is a perfect hotel. We would love to stay here again!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ffweste

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very positive review. I so happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

It is great to read that you would like to return to the hotel in the future. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back.