The Galmont Hotel & Spa
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
2,718 results
All reviewsthe radisson blua business class roomeyre squarelough ataliaoutdoor jacuzzibreakfast buffetthermal suitemodern hotelcity centrestandard roomshop streetleisure facilitiesbar foodgalway baytop classmarinasireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2010

This hotel was excellent. Very easy to find, and simple check in on arrival. Rooms were very modern, a good size and very clean. Breakfast was very good with a wide selection of pastries, hot food, cereals, cold meats and cheeses. We did have a problem with a tv in the room not working but the staff sent up an engineer to sort it immediately. We had dinner in the atrium lounge, which was yet again exceptional with impeccable service and food. Leisure facilities were yet again very good but be warned you have to wear a swimming hat in the pool. Location meant that after only a five minute walk we good have dinner in the main restaurant street in the city. Overall a top four star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Galway is always going to be busy in the summer time, and the Radisson was no exception. I wasn't exactly happy with the location of my room, and I tried to change it, but it was completely booked out. Anyway. My room was miles away from the lobby, I had to take two lifts to get there, but in the end that wasn't too bad, just a bit of a walk. Only problem I had with the room was the lack of air conditioning. It was a very warm night and the window only opened a crack. There was a door and a balcony but reception advised they don't open them for safety reasons! Then why have it??

Ate in the restaurant, the food was good, except the "brie parcel" starter which wasn't great. Steak was good but was overdone. Hotel itself is very nice, nice bar, attentive staff, the restaurant manager came over to say hello while I was eating. Location is great for those who want to explore Galway; I was on business so wasn't doing much of that.

I didn't try the spa or pool. Breakfast was really nice and I had no problems checking in our checking out.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2010

We checked in on the Saturday of race week. The lobby was mobbed when we arrived understandably enough. The receptionists were extremely busy but were polite and as efficient as possible under the busy circumstances. We had to wait a few hours before our room was cleared and we could check-in fully, however to be fair we had arrived early.
The lobby is large and airy but the bar seemed to be generic enough as a hotel bar - we weren't that impressed.
The rooms were very nice - a massive and comfortable bed in a clean and nicely decorated room.
There was a good selection of foods at breakfast. Service was poor despite the dining room being comparitively empty. The waitress never did arrive with the food I had requested. The dining room was bright and airy.
The hotel is very well located. You are about 5 minutes away from Eyre Square and the train and bus stations.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Galwayradissonblu, Manager at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa. It is always a pleasure to read that our guests are satisified with our services and I will ensure that the message is passed to each relevant department. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Joan Lynch
Sales Manager

Reviewed 18 August 2010

We booked two rooms for a one night stay at the Radisson, on the day of our arrival to Ireland. Our flight landed at 6am, so our rooms were not ready when we arrived at the hotel in much need of a nap after our long journey. (Tip: If flying internationally, request an early check in.) The staff at the Radisson did their best to clean the rooms as quickly as possible after other guests checked out at 11am. The first room they put us in reeked of cigarette smoke (even though it is a non-smoking hotel). We found out a big event took place in Ireland in the days before we arrived and that a spirited crowd had just checked out. The Radisson immediately switched our room, no questions asked. The rooms were spacious, modern and clean. The location was perfect; we walked to all the shops and restaurants and the beds were the most comfortable we slept in during our entire trip. The only unpleasant part of the Radisson was the awful smell outside of the elevator near the parking garage. We saw someone cleaning the area, but it still smelled horrible the next day and the odor was very strong. I'm sure it's something they can take care of and I wouldn't let it deter me from staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Kind regards

Joan Lynch
Sales Manager

Reviewed 14 August 2010

Good hotel in Galway with easy access to the town within walking distance
enjoyed the evening meal and breakfast
Rooms were comfortable