“simply outstanding , hidden gem of Galway”
Review of B&B Glenariff

B&B Glenariff
B&B Glenariff
Ranked #62 of 186 Galway B&B and Inns
“simply outstanding , hidden gem of Galway”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I have only ever posted once before, but after our 5 night stay at Glenariff I felt compelled to share comments of our truly wonderful experience.
The property is immaculately maintained with a luxurious feel to the carpet, decor and furnishings. Our welcoming host Margaret showed us to our room, this was the smallest of the rooms on offer to let but it perfect, especially as Margaret and Seamus offer there beautiful lounge and dining area for full use of their guests. The property is just perfectly located, no sea front noise and bustle and just a very short 2 minute walk away, but a beautiful quiet street location.
The breakfast was just superb, Margaret always confirmed your requirements and produced piping hot beautifully cooked breakfasts.
Every boxed is ticked at Glenariff, but the cherry on this perfect cake is Margaret, so joyous early or late in the day, always there to offer local advice and information, you genuinely get a feeling of someone who genuinely cares about her guests and making every minute of their stay a happy one. Having sampled many bed and breakfast properties over the years, I can wholeheartedly say Glenariff is the blue print that b & b`s should follow.
Thank you so much, we will be back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Countesthorpe

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Peabody, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Delicious food, clean and inviting home, and within very short (5 minute) walking distance to the Salthill food/shopping area, or a 10 minute drive to Galway city center. This B&B was so welcoming for our first few days in Ireland, and in a very safe neighborhood. Margaret, the hostess, is an absolute doll. She drove my boyfriend and I into town and showed us where to stop and eat or have a pint, listen to music, etc. She and her husband Seamus were friendly and very kind. The room was quite clean and full Irish breakfasts each morning are cooked to what you would like to have. For example, I don't care for tomatoes or black/white pudding, so I asked for scrambled eggs and bacon, And that's just what I had! Would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone looking to feel right at home while staying in Galway.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JenFitz589
Saint Marys, Ohio
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Glenariff B&B in Salthill, Galway, was an absolutely wonderful place to stay. Beautiful décor, spotlessly clean, excellent breakfasts, and the star of the show, Margaret. Margaret could be the gold standard for hosting a B&B. Always smiling, very helpful, always working to accommodate, and an absolute pleasure to converse with.
The location is excellent, just a short walk to the 3 mile promenade and many good restaurants. Getting in and out of Galway to visit other areas was very easy from this location.
Again, the star was Margaret, always offering coffee, tea, glass of wine, etc., and making us feel right at home. We really enjoyed evening conversations with her and her husband Seamus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Margaret was a lovely, welcoming host. The house is beautiful and well maintained. The room was slightly on the small side but was perfect for us with only overnight bags, I would suggest requesting a larger room if coming with large bags.

The B&B is well located in Salthill, a short drive to the city and a brief walk down to Salthill. Breakfast was delicious - exactly what we needed. We would have no hesitation recommending this B&B.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The Glenariff was a terrific place to stay for 2 nights in October 2013. Margaret is a fantastic host; she is incredibly warm and friendly, and a great cook to boot! The included breakfast was absolutely delicious -- a full Irish fry. The accommodations are very nice. My one minor critic is that the location is not centrally located (which was known to us upon booking), however that was not an issue at all as Margaret was always more than happy to drop us off at Shop/Quay Street! This is a great place to stay in Galway.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tyrone F
Versailles, France
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Margaret is an excellent host.
I spent one une week this B&B and I have no hesitation in recommending this B&B to other travellers.
The Room was extremely clean.
I delighted the welcome and the attention brought by Margaret.
This home is well-situated: quiet street, close to the sea and of all amenities .
Margaret's typical Irish breakfast are amazing.
I hope to return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Hillsborough New Jersey , United States
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Coming from New York with my 11 year old son we have stayed in 5 star hotels in Brugge to B&B's outside Frankfurt Germany... Staying at The Glenariff was truly a traditional " Irish being at home experience "... It brought back wonderful memories of how true hospitality, service and it all being done with that Irish grace and class all in itself is wonderful. The Irish breakfast's are nice and Margaret has a wonderful assortment of other breakfast ideas ... A change from eggs etc... Either way my son and I never went hungry... The room was so clean and I had a picture perfect view of The Church Steeple right in Salt Hill... The town is a 5 minute walk away. A 15 minute bus ride and you are in Galway City for E 1.80 .. shop, of course origin of the Irish Claddah ring and street musicians plus the shops ... from high end to second hand bargain thrifts that are wonderful places to buy a new wardrobe for a season....The sight seeing was fantastic.. We went to Connemarra one day and went to a special castle !!!! After being on a long sight seeing tour its awesome to come to a a private quiet hotel hidden away. We slept so well... I highly recommend this B&B Glenariff.... I am a straight forward man. The Brennan's are a true credit to Ireland's culture and as hosts they are superb.

Room Tip: My room had a million dollar view... I love the mornings.. So peaceful...