“Nice Place but Needs do Breakfast in the cost!”

Prairie House-Boutique Hotel
Ranked #44 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed here for 1 night, nice place. Staff were nice.

Location was grand for my needs as I was going to an afters for a friend’s wedding in the Galway Bay Hotel.

Bedroom & Bathroom was grand size for the night – if booking; try to get a room in the back of the place as the front is facing the main area of Salthill.

Should try to do a link up with the restaurant downstairs or in Salthill do a breakfast deal as theres no breakfast included in the price.

Price is ok, but could be cheaper in fact theres no breakfast included in the price.

Room Tip: Try to book a room in the back
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jonniedoyle
There are newer reviews for Prairie House-Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Delux room was tiny, I'd hate to see a normal size room. Also room was very noisy next day, when I pointed this out I was fobbed off. For 120 euro for a night with no breakfast I would expect a quiet room at least. Also felt rushed when checking out. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Tigertokens
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Myself and my boyfriend had a lovely nights stay in this quaint little hotel. We were the last to check in on a saturday evening and Peter who is just the nicest friendliest chatty man I have ever come across warned us that the only room left was quite small and tight to get around (He was worried when he seen the height of my boyfriend) Now the room was small, the bed took over the whole room, there was just space to walk around the bed but we didn't care. Peter gave us good advice on where to eat and told us not to worry about checking out on time the next morning, we got an extra hour which was great. The bed was absolutely fab!! It was the most comfortable bed I have come across in hotels so far, nice and comfy and not hard like most hotel beds. We will definetely be back to Peter and his dinky little hotel again.

Room Tip: Peter showed us his other rooms the next day before we left and the next time I will be paying that...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend. Yes the rooms are small and yes very noisy, we stayed in a front room but very clean. I would look for a clean room over the size anytime. Peter apologised for the small room and the noise, as he knew I had an exam Sunday, but these factors did not spoil our stay. It was the hottest day in Ireland that Saturday and we were provided with a fan. I loved that we were in the heart of Salthill as walking any further in that heat would have killed us. The Black cat restaurant below was excellent. Interesting menu that didn't fail. 70 euro for 4 dishes coffee and bottle of wine. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for elderly people or families but for couples and friends perfect. Yes the price could have been lower as no breakfast and there is no parking for hotel so they would be the only 2 negatives. My exam went well so the black cat and lucky number room 3 must have been a good omen!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for weekend. Nice little hotel. However so near the sea and no view is a shame... We went for deluxe room which was small but not as bad as reviews. Bath tub in room was very strange. Bed big and comfy. Only 2 towels with no small towels apart from 1 hand towel.
There is a stairs which may not suit every1 and kitchens downstairs may be noisy.
If hotels in Salthill book out its a nice alternative!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank TipperaryGirl82
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. For one night the accommodation is fine. Rooms are incredibly small and no space to put luggage and no plug beside kettle so had to boil it on the floor where there was a free socket. People mention Peter the manager is friendly, whilst I agree with this to an extent, I found this too much and he was very open in giving opinions about members in our party which was uncomfortable. Also when we didn't take his recommendation for breakfast he seemed quite offended. Rooms are clean and nicely decorated but definitely better value available in Galway. Must recommend the black cat restaurant next door, fantastic food.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Stayed here one night. Rooms are tiny but very clean and shower good. Not a hotel for a family.
We stayed at back of hotel and it was the weekend so it was a bit noisy. Its a quirky little place and well situated in Salthill. We had breakfast across the road, as they do not do same.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo