“Lovely”

Flannery's Hotel Galway
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This was a last-minute booking, and I must say that I was pleasantly suprised. Very nice for the price, clean, comfortable, and the front desk personnel were wonderful. There is a restaurant on site, and several tours that pick you up at the hotel. I will definately stay here on my nexy trip to Galway.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,419)

Reviewed 27 October 2012

This is a lovely clean, comfortable friendly hotel. Modern tastefully decorated bar. We were staying because we had to visit my father in hospital. We wanted somewhere clean, close to a bus stop or a short drive from the hospital and city, and we we really pleasantly surprised at how lovely our short stay was. I plan to come back for a few days with my sisters and enjoy the shopping and nightlife in Galway.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2012

My second visit to Flannery's, for a Heineken Cup weekend. There were six of us in the party and as before the welcome was warm and the service excellent. One of our party had difficulty with printing his boarding card and Reception called Aer Lingus and got the matter resolved. Well done!

Reviewed 21 October 2012

our break began on weds oct 19th at this hotel my husband and i were accompanied by my elderly mother to visit galway where my late father was born and brought up. It could have been quite a difficult visit due to the circumstances why we made the trip but we were greeted by a lovely receptionist who made us mighty welcome and were swiftly given our room cards. Our rooms were very clean and comfortable with a shower and bath and both rooms had king size beds even though my mother was expecting a single bed. The food was very good breakfast included a buffet of fresh fruit, cereals, bread rolls etc. There was a hot buffet choice second to none served to you by very pleasant and polite staff. On two occaions we ate in the hotel in the evening we again had wonderful service and superb food we chose the three course meal for 25 euro including also tea or coffee. Friday and saturday evenings there was entertainment in the bar lounge which seemed to be enjoyed by all present. On the whole a hotel with a great location near to the centre of galway near to bus stops, a great place for a short break very comfortable indeed. well done flannerys and thankyou one of the best places we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Spent a weekend there recently with some freinds excellent staff super beds, great value and good food,good beer for a hotel.
Only bad point the showers in the rooms were not working well they were scalding hot or too cold impossible to enjoy and that was the story from my freinds also.

Room Tip: check out the showers
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This is my fourth visit to Flannerys. It's always the most reasonable for the standard. I've paid twice as much for just as good or not even as good in other places in Galway. If I win the Lotto I'll give them the price of a new hallway carpet. Apart from that the place is spotlessly clean, staff are genuinely friendly and helpful...a and for the price of the room there's wifi in the ground floor bedrooms at least which is most welcome... And yes!!!!! I'll be back. It's one of the few places in my opinion at least where you get slightly more than you pay for

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We spent a week at Flannery's-Galway before continuing to Dublin. The service, cleanliness and hospitality was excellent. The food was fantastic. The front desk was always ready to assist with questions. We had rented a car, but we took several bus tours. The tours buses picked-up at the hotel; a great way to learn the history and visit surrounding towns.
Delta Airlines booked this hotel as part of their package, and did not disappoint. I will definitely visit again.
You can walk around the hotel for blocks, and very safe.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor with large windows and very quite. Excellent shower gel, and shampoo p...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple