“Exellent value for money,” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flannery's Hotel Galway

Flannery's Hotel Galway
Ranked #18 of 47 Hotels in Galway
DERRY
“Exellent value for money,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

A big thank you to the staff . Sharon/ nicola , front desk we felt very wellcome , rooms spotless , breakfast plenty , great value for money . I would recomend it.we will be back very soon . Well done Flannery's

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SiobhanFarragher, General Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your lovely trip advisor review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel and thank you so much for you lovely words on our receptionists Sharon & Nicola who were so delighted to be so positively mentioned on the review. I do hope that you will come to stay at our hotel at some point in the future and I thank you so very much for you most valued custom. Kind regards, Siobhan Farragher, General Manager, Flannery's Hotel Galway.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Polish first
San Antonio, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

Alison took great care of us at the restaurant. The rooms were clean and nice. The room slept 4 of us. The staff was very helpful and when one of our guests didn't make it down for breakfast they gladly took the charge off our bill. There was easy access to the bus into downtown Galway. I. Went back and forth between this and the weston in Galway and decided that the reviews were better for Flannery's so we opted for that option since the reviews seemed better. Good value overall we would stay there again.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your lovely trip advisor review entitled "Great Service at the Restaurant” I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay and dining experience at our hotel. All our staff here were so delighted to be so positively mentioned on the review and Alison, our food server, is trilled at her mention. I do hope that you will come to stay at our hotel at some point in the future and from all the team here at Flannery’s Hotel Galway we thank you so very much for you most valued custom. Kind regards, Siobhan Farragher, General Manager, Flannery's Hotel Galway.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great for the price,the food is top notch and the staff are very friendly and attentive,it was just a bit too far out of the city centre and if you are going on a night out it can cost you about €25 return in taxis,that was the only problem we had with staying here otherwise it's a lovely spot

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Dylanmoorhouse
SiobhanFarragher, General Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Dear Guest, I am writing to thank you for posting your very positive review on our hotel and I am delighted that you enjoyed dining with us and you found our staff to be friendly and attentive. It is regrettable that you found our hotel a bit too far from the city centre, a big plus with our location is that we offer complimentary car-parking to all our guests and there is a bus stop directly out-side our hotel than runs to and from the city centre from 7.00am until 12.00 midnight and costs a mere €3.60 return. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future and I thank you so very much for you most valued custom. Kind regards, Siobhan Farragher, General Manager, Flannery's Hotel Galway.
longford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

i have one complaint room was absoluterly freezing asked for it to be checked along with the hot water. water improved greatly but room was like being in a freezer. bathroom too cold to shower in. in fact when you passed a certain point in hall before our hotel room a chill could be felt. informed reception again on departure about the problem. said they would look into it. breakfast ant dinner fine the above my only complaint.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, I thank you for completing a trip advisor review on your recent stay at our hotel. I wish to sincerely apologise to you that you found room 433 very cold. I have had our heating engineer in to review this area of the hotel and we are in the process of adding an additional heating system to that area which will incorporate room 433. This will ensure that no further guest experiences the problem with heat that you regrettable had to endure during your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the rest of our hotel facilities and services and I do hope that you will return to stay with us at some point in the future so that we can make amends to you in relation to your heating problem. Please contact me directly and I will endeavour to ensure that all is perfect for your next stay at our hotel. Once again I apologise to you and I do hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future. I thank you so very much for your most valued custom. Kind regards, Siobhan Farragher, General Manager, Flannery's Hotel Galway.
Roscommon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

Stayed here just the week before Xmas with hubby. Lovely hotel, nice big comfortable bed. Too far out of the city for walking but a bus stops opposite the hotel & brings you right into the city.
Breakfast was super, staff very friendly. Would return again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for your most kind and generous review. It was delightful to read all your lovely comments especially in relation to our staff who were most happy and proud to receive such positive customer feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel at some date in the future and I thank you for your most valued custom. Kind regards, Siobhan Farragher, General Manager, Flannery's Hotel Galway.
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

We arrived at the hotel, to find there was no record of our rerservation! When we looked at our booking confirmation, we had got our dates wrong. The hotel was full, the Galway Rally was in town, and we could not find alternate accommadation. Despite a large and boisterous Stag Party group in the foyer the wonderful receptionist Sharon came to our rescue. She found an emergency bedroom for part of our group, and a cancellation at a nearby hotel for myself. She efficiently adjusted the rates in the least painful way possible, and I left for the nearby hotel.

My friends reported an excellent stay at the hotel, and we enjoyed the rally, all having had a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Ask Sharon for the best room in the house!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, I am writing to thank you for completing the lovely trip advisor review on your recent experience at Flannery's Hotel Galway. I am delighted that we were in a position to be able to assist you and your party and accommodate some of you and find alternative accommodation for the remainder. I am so very happy to learn that Sharon, our Reception Supervisor looked after you all so well and I have passed on your most kind and generous comments to her. It was also a pleasure to read that your party had a good nights sleep. I hope that you yourself will return to stay with us so that you can experience the high level of hospitality that can only be fully experienced by staying with us. Thank you once again and I hope to see you very soon. Kind regards, Siobhan Farragher, General Manager, Flannery's Hotel Galway.
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

We stayed at Flannery's from 31 January to 1 February 2013, this is a nice, friendly hotel where the staff really can't do enough for you. rooms are very comfortable - nice big bed, very clean, only thing lacking was a clock - I'm a bit sad I like to know what time it is if i waken during the night. Bathroom was the only thing that I was a bit unhappy with, the towels were very basic - I like a bath sheet but the towels were just a bit on the skimpy side. Those small bottles of shower gel etc were provided but i didn't use them. No extractor fan which meant that after a shower you coulldn't see a thing in the bathroom.We ate in the bar both nights - typical bar food, but it was good, breakfast lovely. bus stop right outside the door was very handy for city centre. nice hotel - we would go back again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple