“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Cork
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Me and my friend where there for one night in Flannery's the hotel room was
clean but we were in the old
part of the Hotel the room was outdated and the bathroom
was very small but other that everything was ok.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cathal864

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Having just returned from a three day post Christmas break at Flannery's Hotel, I feel compelled to write a review after reading some bad reports on Tripadvisor. My wife and I had a wonderful experience at this hotel, with friendly staff to greet you at check in, well appointed rooms with super king size bed and excellent cuisine to top it all. The food was really top class from breakfast to the excellent choice's for dinner and the desserts to die for ( all the desserts are home made, absolutely yummy !!) We have stayed in other 4 and 5 star hotels here in Ireland and abroad , which were NOT up to the standards of this hotel....The only tiny let down was the T.V which could have been a little bit bigger in size. The hotel has easy access to Galway city with all the brilliant nightlife and many pubs and clubs. I would Highly recommend this hotel to anybody travelling to Galway for a relaxing break .....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank meathguests
Westport, Ireland
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Had Xmas party in Galway recently so needed a budget hotel just to crash out after the night . Double room was fine clean nothing spectacular but done the trick.tv was tiny . Good price for a Saturday night as most hotels hike it way up . Loads of parking all in all happy

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hardwoody
Ireland
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I returned yesterday from a break in this hotel and to say I was disappointed is a huge understatement. It was a birthday present and from looking at the website I was looking forward to a well appointed comfortable room. On your website standard rooms are depicted with beautiful carpets, crisp white duvets and flat screen TVs, what I received was a worn, tired and frankly disgusting room. Instead of the duvets there were brown blankets covered with orange bed spreads that were frayed, torn and with burn marks. The paint was peeling off the walls and the window would not even open. At 4am I was awoken to shouts from drunken people on the corridor and while I am aware that a hotel cannot supervise guests I expect a standard of soundproofing that would mean that I would at least not feel that these people were actually in my room. I came to the hotel excited and looking forward to my stay in Galway and upon seeing my room I was in tears. I feel that the website was extremely misleading. I wrote an email to the hotel telling them exactly what I have said in my review but unfortunately they did not have the decency to reply. For the price we paid for this hotel there are many more hotels of a much better standard available in Galway.

Room Tip: stay well clear of room 306
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Butterfly1313
Helmsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Toured north and south of Galway so this hotel was ideally placed near the ring road, easy enough walk into town as well for odd night out, really good filling breakfast, enjoyed our stay pleasant staff and clean quiet room

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank borotmt
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Our last 2 nights in Ireland, great hotel, restaurant/bar attached, we ordered pizza in as well, comfortable clean room, beds were great, wish we had more night here. Bus ride into the main shopping town. 8 euro cab ride home, it was perfect. cant say more, We would def book here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sdzon
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel only for 1 night with my family. We got a good deal, that's why we chosed this one. Other than that I would not stay there again. Room was really old fashioned and no heating! I have to ask for another room for my parents because it was so cold even if we got a heater in the room. Staff and bar are are really good, but nothing special. Breakfast was pure, tipical irish breakfaste but pure selection. Parking was free, you can just park beside the hotel, which is good. The location is not the best, it' 10-15 by car to get to the city centre.

Room Tip: Don't get room far from the lift because those rooms are colder.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family