“Great choice for a group booking.”

Flannery's Hotel Galway
Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Truro, United Kingdom
“Great choice for a group booking.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I booked this hotel for a group of 16 lads in Galway to celebrate my brothers forthcoming wedding. The booking process was very easy with the hotel replying promptly to my enquiry emailing. The reservation staff were friendly, helpful and flexible with numbers when it came to booking.A good location with quick taxi access to town. My dad enjoyed the band in the hotel bar on Saturday night. The breakfast was good. While the hotel is a bit aged, overall the service is pitched at the right price and friendly staff are worth more that shiny new fixtures in my opinion.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Colm O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Polish first
Dunleer, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We are just back from a two night stay in Flannerys, would strongly recommend this hotel particularly if you have a small baby - it was our first time away with our 3 month old and the staff could not have been more accommodating or helpful. We asked if there was a possibility we could get a fridge in our room - they upgraded us to a suite..I asked them to keep my food warm in the bar, while we gave our son his bottle, they prepared it freshly again for us when he was finished - while some parts of the hotel were a little bit dated and it was a bit noisy on the top floor with the bad weather due to high winds... the food, service, location etc was excellent and we will definitely be staying there again soon hopefully..

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Brona G
Tralee, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We had a two night stay in Flannerys .On arrival we were greeted by Nicole who was courteous n friendly .Next we were welcomed by Rod the manager whose hospitality knows no bounds.Food was excellent and rooms extremely comfortable (including the upgrades as a treat.Had a relaxing night in the spacious bar with good entertainment .Buffet breakfast was excellent. We have stayed in 4 stars that would not even come near. A truly reputable hotel. We will return.Lillian n Joe Hanafin. Tralee Co.Kerry.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hanafin2014
Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I still haven't accustomed to the heating going off at night. Good thing, them, that the window could be opened (and closed) only with some effort involving a chair to step on. Only one package of coffee and a snowy TV picture spoke of careless service. Uniquely on the island, my usual credit card was not accepted. Uniquely also, breakfast was not included, so I started early (maybe the credit card machine was still asleep). Otherwise, the hotel was normal, but some way from the town centre.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Willy W
Kilmessan, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights with my boyfriend. The room was average. I was surprised to have an old telly with very few channels on it where as most hotels have upgraded and have cable channels and radio where as this didn't.
It's only 5 mins from the City Centre and there was a bus stop right outside the gate although we didn't use it.
When people walk along the corridor it makes a lot of noise causing me to wake up a few times in the night.
We didn't eat here at all but went for food in the city centre. I did enjoy my stay here but I wouldn't recommend it.
The staff are friendly and very helpful. They called us a taxi and brought us up an iron and ironing board when asked.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ballinameen
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We have never come across this situation before. Simply put they charge the hotel residents more then they charge the locals (Called Members behind the bar).

The difference is between 20p and 30p per drink. I noticed it when I was charged at the “Member Rate” by mistake and asked why?? I was told it was to get the local people into the bar.

The way I see it, I was overcharged because I was a hotel resident!!! Between hotel, drink and food we spent about €150 in one night and the locals get looked after better coming in for a pint!!!!

We could say we had a nice stay apart from this, but it is like meeting a nice person and then you find out that he stole your car on the way home. All the good points go out the window.

Never again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jimfin
Galway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed one night in Flannery's with a group of friends. The room we were given was clean and comfortable but outdated-nothing like the photos on their website. The TV was an old clunker with a terrible signal. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The bar and restaurant staff were also attentive and the food was very good. The hotel is very reasonably priced. It is located on a main road leading into Galway City - a 5 to 10 minute ride to the city depending on traffic. There is plenty of free off street parking, and there is a small shop a few minutes walk away. I would stay there again but only if I was assured of a newly renovated room.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room!