“Lovely week at flannerys”

Flannery's Hotel Galway
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My wife and I had an amazing weeks stay at this hotel. Close to the city and very well kept rooms. Best nights sleep I've had in years. The evening food in the restaurant was amazing, I myself am a chef and was very impressed with the quality and quantity. To top it all off the staff at the reception couldn't have been more helpful. In particular, Conor and Louise. They helped us day after day with everything and was very impressed with their knowledge of Galway. I shall definitely be recommending this hotel to anyone that needs 1

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,419)

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is an old hotel, it opened in 1969 so don't expect something super modern. Its located about 30 minutes walk from the city centre or a ten minute bus ride from outside the door. There is plenty of free parking too. The rooms are functional, clean, comfortable and have all your modern amenities (dvd player, safe) . Excellent value considering the price. Breakfast was good, plenty of everything. The craic in the bar was good too. Although its on the main road, I slept soundly. I would stay again.

Room Tip: All the same. Better view from the front.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed for two nights last weekend. I was in a group of 9, all of whom were doing driver support for a charity Cycle. From the moment we entered we were welcomed warmly. The staff really could not do enough for us.They were friendly and chatty and yet so professional.The staff are young and energetic and obviously love their place of work. One thing I have to commend management on is the neat, clean and smart dress of their employees, they are a credit to you. On the Friday night, even though it was 10 o'clock, I rang down to reception looking for a sandwich, expecting to be told it was too late for room service, but no, my order was taken and delivered within 10 minutes. Parking for our buses and vans is catered for and it is extremely safe. The hotel was buzzing over the two night and it was just a lovely atmosphere. We had to leave early on the Sun morning, and continental breakfast was made available to us, with lovely fresh brown bread, cereals, freshly brewed coffee tea and toast. We will be back in September with another Cycle and I look forward to it. Well done.

Room Tip: I have stayed in this hotel many times and been in different rooms, don't think there is a bad r...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 779Doreen
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Just got back from a lovely stay here, staff very friendly and helpful, the beautiful suite we stayed in was spotless, the shower was fantastic, over all we had a brilliant time, and will definately return. The food in the bar was lovely, and not expensive. The waiter was lovely. Jusr overall we had a great time, thanks so much to the staff! Would definately reccommend flannerys hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed in Flannery's Hotel on a recent getaway with the girls, from the moment we stepped into the lobby of the hotel, I was greeted by a very pleasant girl called Louise. I really took notice of her professionalism and her willingness to help us in any way she could. We ate in the bar which was top notch. The food and the staff were very good I could not praise them enough. The room we stayed in was lovely and the atmosphere in the whole hotel was thriving. I will definitely stay here again and will recommend it to all my friends when they holiday.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2014

What a lovely hotel to stay in from the moment you arrive there is a smile, the staff will do what ever they can to make your stay a pleasure. The food is first class great breakfast, carvery and a choice between bar food or full restaurant service, and great select of drinks in the bar. The hotel is very clean and the bedrooms are big with all that you expect in a good hotel room is there. With a local bus service just outside to whisk you in to the centre of Galway city. So i will be returning.

Room Tip: I does not matter i stayed in the front with the car park just outside and never heard a thing.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank William N
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed in this hotel for one night during the St Patrick's weekend after a spur of the moment decision to book it the previous night! Situated just outside the city centre, its location is ideal for most people as there is ample parking and a taxi to and from the city centre takes only a matter of minutes. The room was very nice, well kept and clean. There was some noise from the other guests moving up and down the corridor outside but I didn't find it a problem. Considering the weekend it was, I found this hotel was very good value for money and judging by how busy it was, I'm guessing so did many other people! It was my first stay here and will definitely stay here again in the future. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple