“2 nights stay in Flannerys”

Flannery's Hotel Galway
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Galway
“2 nights stay in Flannerys”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Woken up at 7am due to maintenance work, we came to Galway for two nights out and planned to have a sleep in the following morning. On the Thursday night, there was a guy who I'm guessing was drunk, screaming, singing and punching his fists off the wall at 5 am for at least 30 minutes. Needless to say we didn't get much sleep here.

I've stayed here before several times and it was always a nice hotel to stay in with no noise! The staff were friendly and the room was nice and clean.

Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Polish first
westmeath
Reviewed 8 April 2014

have stayed in galway for over 20 yrs.have never stayed here ,it was my hubbys birthday and a last minute decision.so we booked few nights before for 2nights .the day staff are the jewel in the crown of this hotel.nothing is a problem.i had a problem with the hairdryer,safe .sorted quickly.i stayed in room 119.had food in the bar it was excellent. and not expensive. which was brilliant.locals were having dinner and coming and going all night.live music on fri night was a bonus.really enjoyed the band.really busy buzzying hotel.breakfast was really lovley and hot.plenty of it if you were hungry.only problem we had was my hubby is a early riser.was looking for fresh milk.rang reception at 6.30 am was told if you want milk come to reception.he went down and said the night porter was very rude to him.only person who let the hotel down.but the receptionist arrived and offered him a morning paper..which he appreciated so thank you all at flannerys we had a great time.. we will come back again.....

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My wife and I had an amazing weeks stay at this hotel. Close to the city and very well kept rooms. Best nights sleep I've had in years. The evening food in the restaurant was amazing, I myself am a chef and was very impressed with the quality and quantity. To top it all off the staff at the reception couldn't have been more helpful. In particular, Conor and Louise. They helped us day after day with everything and was very impressed with their knowledge of Galway. I shall definitely be recommending this hotel to anyone that needs 1

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is an old hotel, it opened in 1969 so don't expect something super modern. Its located about 30 minutes walk from the city centre or a ten minute bus ride from outside the door. There is plenty of free parking too. The rooms are functional, clean, comfortable and have all your modern amenities (dvd player, safe) . Excellent value considering the price. Breakfast was good, plenty of everything. The craic in the bar was good too. Although its on the main road, I slept soundly. I would stay again.

Room Tip: All the same. Better view from the front.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed for two nights last weekend. I was in a group of 9, all of whom were doing driver support for a charity Cycle. From the moment we entered we were welcomed warmly. The staff really could not do enough for us.They were friendly and chatty and yet so professional.The staff are young and energetic and obviously love their place of work. One thing I have to commend management on is the neat, clean and smart dress of their employees, they are a credit to you. On the Friday night, even though it was 10 o'clock, I rang down to reception looking for a sandwich, expecting to be told it was too late for room service, but no, my order was taken and delivered within 10 minutes. Parking for our buses and vans is catered for and it is extremely safe. The hotel was buzzing over the two night and it was just a lovely atmosphere. We had to leave early on the Sun morning, and continental breakfast was made available to us, with lovely fresh brown bread, cereals, freshly brewed coffee tea and toast. We will be back in September with another Cycle and I look forward to it. Well done.

Room Tip: I have stayed in this hotel many times and been in different rooms, don't think there is a bad r...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 779Doreen
galway
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a lovely stay here, staff very friendly and helpful, the beautiful suite we stayed in was spotless, the shower was fantastic, over all we had a brilliant time, and will definately return. The food in the bar was lovely, and not expensive. The waiter was lovely. Jusr overall we had a great time, thanks so much to the staff! Would definately reccommend flannerys hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed in Flannery's Hotel on a recent getaway with the girls, from the moment we stepped into the lobby of the hotel, I was greeted by a very pleasant girl called Louise. I really took notice of her professionalism and her willingness to help us in any way she could. We ate in the bar which was top notch. The food and the staff were very good I could not praise them enough. The room we stayed in was lovely and the atmosphere in the whole hotel was thriving. I will definitely stay here again and will recommend it to all my friends when they holiday.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends