“one night”

Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Naas, Ireland
“one night”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Service wasn't great, not very organised. Room was very old and could do with some new furniture. On its website it stated satellite channels, there was six. Not really important unless your travelling on your own.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kenneth R
SiobhanFarragher, General Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Flannery's Hotel Galway. I was sorry to hear that you were not satisified with our level of service. You will see from other reviews that our stadards of service are usualy very high. I also wish to apologise for your dissatisfaction with our rooms & tv channels, we are currently looking into improving these facilities. I hope to welcome you back to us again when you are next here on business.

Siobhan Farragher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Polish first
matagorda
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean, staff are very friendly and helpful. The food is excellent. Its probably one of the only hotels left in Ireland where customer service is top class. I have no problem recommending this hotel. I have one more night left and already look forward to my next visit. I can't say enough about the staff in all areas from bar - restaurant- cleaners- reception, there's alot to be said for the people who do the hiring.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank henb71
Thank you for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Flannery's Hotel Galway. I was so pleased to have read all of your comments about your stay and I was especially pleased to hear your thoughts about our staff and food. I am delighted you found the service at the hotel great, and I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Wigan
Reviewed 19 May 2014

A group of us stayed at Flannery's whist working on a power station 30 miles away. The hotel is a short bus ride from the city centre but as they are every 15 minutes its no problem. The hotel has a large car park which is free and no need to reserve a space. The bar meals are very good quality and at a reasonable price as were the drinks compered to the city. All our rooms (5) were clean and well equipped with every thing you would ever need only missing a minibar which we never use anyway.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tvrpieman
Thank you for your kind words about your recent visit to the Flannery's Hotel Galway. I was so pleased to hear that you found our location ideal for working near Galway with our close proximity to the city centre and free on-site parking. I am also delighted to hear that you were happy with our rooms, food and drink and found them all to be reasonably priced. I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Quispamsis, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

The location was a little far from the city core of Galway. We would have preferred being closer. Evening dining was good. Breakfast was just so so.The staff was friendly. The outside areas could use some sprucing up.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank CBonn57
Thank you for this review of your recent stay at the Flannery's Hotel. I was so pleased to have read all of your comments about your stay and I was especially pleased to hear your thoughts about our dinner and I am delighted you found our staff very friendly. I am sorry to hear that you weren't happy with our breakfast and also with the hotel exterior. You might be pleased to hear that we have recently carried out some refurbishments to the front of the hotel aswell as our reception area.
I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Got a deal from trivago the day before we arrived. It worked out to be 25 Euro per person which is great value. The lobby was clean and the staff were friendly and we wanted to lie down on their cloud carpet. We got to our room and there was a smell of smoke in a non-smoking room. It was very warm even with the window open. I hopped into the shower and grabbed hold of the bar that was on the wall and it came right off. The water in the shower wasn't warm and the half shower window letting the water out rather than keeping it in. The hair dryer....you call that a hair dryer?! The wi-fi connection was suuuper slow. The heating was kept on until we called down to the front desk to turn it off. To top it off, we got an anonymous call at 9 AM that woke us up.

Regardless of what "went wrong" it was still a really good value for money. I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I booked a twin room for two people in their mid twenties. It wasn't our cup of tea. Our room was strange had hall doors separating the bathroom from the bedroom. The bathroom was outdated. The beds were ok.
There is plenty of free parking and it isn't far from the town. The foyer is lovely.
The hotel wasn't necessary bad however there is so much choice in Galway that I wouldn't return here.

• Stayed March 2014
SiobhanFarragher, General Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your comments about your recent visit to Flannery's Hotel. I was delighted to hear that you availed of our complimentary parking and found the location good. Our foyer has just been renovated so i was so pleased to read your nice comment and I hope to welcome you back to us again soon
Gormanston
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed here recently. It was a Saturday and on entering the premises the first thing that struck me was the sheer number of men in the bar for a Saturday afternoon. They were mostly in Galway for a stag weekend. The staff in the bar and at reception were friendly and helpful. The building is fairly old and the rooms can be noisy. It was built in 1969. You probably need to get a taxi into town. I suppose you could say this hotel is basic nothing fancy. There are no minibars in the rooms. But for a stag weekend I suppose it has all that people need.

Room Tip: If you want to get a good night's sleep ask the helpful staff to locate you away from the stags.