Lowest prices for your stay
£87
£79
Fully refundable before Thu, 25 Apr
No booking fees
1,947 results
All reviews city centre bit dated bus stop lovely hotel family room three nights following morning from start to finish eyre square flannerys ireland receptionist louise euro cliffs
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2017

It would only be a 10 minute walk into Galwsy but there is a big waterway in the way. Like other visitors I drove as it was raining but the traffic is terrible, the inner ring road takes you right through the centre even when you dont want to and took an hour to get to the other side of the city with nose to tale cars and 3 minute traffic light changes! The first room I got was 103 on the first floor the receptionist said, what she meant was the ground floor, it faced a concrete wall on a walkway so I asked to be changed not wanting to have the window open at nigh on the ground floor. I got a room on the 2nd floor (1st) 203 overlooking a playing field but with a machie outside that sounded off for 10 minutes at a time, at least it was quiet at night. The funniest part of the room is the safe, its an inch off the floor with tiny instructions so I had to lay down on the floor to read it lol.

Room tip: ask for a room with a view if you dont want to face a concrete all
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Diane M
AishlingCarey, Guest Relations Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you for your recent review of Flannery's Hotel Galway. I was pleased to read that we could be helpful in moving your rooms, unfortunately we can not do anything about the traffic in Galway or the location of the hotel. I will look into the safe placement in the room and hope you return to us in the future.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We stayed two nights. Our room was fine and the staff was quite helpful. There is plenty of parking and a decent restaurant and lounge. It is a good 25 minute walk to downtown, so we chose to drive in since the weather was threatening. All in all, a place we would return to, and at a reasonable price.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BroMattAz

Thank you for your recent review of Flannery's Hotel Galway. I am pleased you liked your room and thought the staff were quiet helpful. We have ample free car parking, so I am glad you availed of this while staying with us.

Thank you for saying you would return to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2017

The hotel is large and impersonal which is ok. We had a family room for 3 nights with 5 people (2 adults and 3 children). It was very tight. There was literally less than 24 niches between the beds. The tv had few channels. If you are looking for a room, go for it. If you are looking for anything more, look further.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank travelcake

Thank you for your recent review of Flannery's Hotel Galway.

We have a number of family rooms in the hotel and receive good feedback on the size and decor of the rooms.

I have taken note of your review and will be discussing it further with the management team.

I hope you enjoyed you trip to Galway

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Day 1 of 3 nights was absolutely dismal largely because of the poor welcome. The hotels hearing system was also broken and instead of the hotel staff to be honest, we found out that they were saving face and playing games.

Subsequent days were grand as the hotel provided two heaters for us to warm the room. Breakfast was okay. Can't comment on lunch and dinner served in this hotel.

The hotel helped to organise a trip to the Cliffs of Moher for a fee.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Further to your recent disappointing Trip Advisor review of our hotel I wish to apologise to you if you felt that our hotel staff were unhelpful. Please be assured I will be looking into this matter further as this is not standard practice of our hotel. If I can be of any further assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

One night stay at this hotel ,I was very pleased with ample space for parking, Reception Staff very polite and helpful, Arrived around 9pm when kitchen was almost closed but I was able to order food, waitress very patient and helpful.
I noticed any staff that i met were all very helpful and cheerful.
Nice room and bathroom ,loked like they had been newly decorated.
I would recommend staying at this hotel

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Millyradford

Thank you for your lovely review of your stay at Flannery's Hotel, Galway. I was so pleased to hear that you had such a great stay with us and everything was as it should be. I was delighted to hear that you found our location good. I was also pleased to hear that you found our food good and thank you for saying you would recommend us.
I hope to welcome you back to Flannery's Hotel again very soon.

Guest Relations