“great value”

Flannery's Hotel Galway
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 19 April 2010

stayed for 2 nights in the hotel .it is a little out of the town but plenty of taxis on hand to drop u to eyre square 7 euros.staff in hotel very friendly ,breakfast served till 1030 and exellent selection to choose from overall would recomend this hotel for a great place to stay in galway............

• Stayed: April 2010
SiobhanFarragher, General Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2010

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments on our staff.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look foward to welcoming you back to our hotel again at some date in the future.

Siobhan Farragher

Write a ReviewReviews (1,407)

Reviewed 12 April 2010

I stayed in a ground floor room in Flannerys for two nights in April 2010 with my partner. One of the best things about this hotel is that the staff are all excellent. Check in was smooth and straightforward, everyone greeted you with a smile and were all chatty & polite.
The reception and hallways are in need of refurbishment, there was a musty smell around the hotel and the hallways were very dull & dark.
The room itself was small but very nicely decorated, with spotlights in the mirrors and nice wooden finishes. There was tiny TV on the dresser (with about 8 channels) and tea/coffee making facilities. The bed was very comfortable and I got a very good nights sleep in it. The room got a bit stuffy - but was fine if a window was opened. You could hear the noise from the corridor and the rooms on either side quite loudly.

The bathroom was tiny - but had everything you'd need. Again though, the lights were dull and the decor could do with a revamp.
Breakfast was nice - exactly what you'd expect the usual cooked breakfast with cereal & fruit options too.
We had a few drinks in the bar one of the nights - it was packed, but mainly by locals, very few hotel guests seemed to be in there.

Location - about 20-25 mins walk into the city, 5 mins in a taxi (€6-€10) or bus (€1.60).
We paid €150 for the two nights - the hotel was fully booked the whole weekend. Fine, but for the price I think next time I'd pay a bit extra and get a hotel in the town instead.

Overall, not a bad hotel - a bit of refurbishment and brightening up could go a long way!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
SiobhanFarragher, Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2010

Dear Guest,

I wish to sincerely thank you for your recent review on our hotel. Guest Feedback is extremely important to us and my staff and I use this information to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable stay with us. We have taken all your comments and suggestions on board and we focusing on improving.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments on our staff.

We look foward to perhaps welcoming you back to our hotel again at some date in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2010

We had booked five nights with a B&B rate for a great price. We got great service, the room was nice and the bed comfortable. The breakfast was really good, you have the choice between full Irish or Continental breakfast.

The girls at the front desk where always very friendly. One night I tried to get a chocolate bar from the vending machine, but it got stuck. The girl (unfortunately I forgot her name) gave me Euro to try it again, something I wouldn't have expected.

At two nights we went to the attached Bar where you get typical Bar food as dinner.

The only thing that was a bit annoying was the fact, that you heard every word in the neighboring room by the fan in the bathroom. So always keep the bathroom door closed.

All in all a nice hotel, we would recommend it to everyone visiting Galway and around and looking for a reasonable priced stay with great service.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
SiobhanFarragher, General Manager at Flannery's Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2010

Reviewed 28 March 2010

Stayed on a special offer deal. paid for 2 nights B&B got third night free.Upon arrival receptionist helpful & friendly.Room comfy, bathroom abit small but shower gel
etc available.
Breakfast 7.30-10.30 so can have a lay in.Full cooked breakfast. Dont need to eat again till pm!
Bus stop opposite 2euros each to go into city.Loads of bars,night life,live bands.Most bars have a street map with all bars` gigs listed- very helpful.
Great place if you just want a weekend away.Scenery stuff to see if you`re into that.
Only down part was the 10euros each you had to pay at Knock airport to leave! No-one told us about that so a good thing we had some money left.

Reviewed 28 March 2010

This was a great place to stay, Rod the manager went above and beyond with his assistance upgraded us to a better room and gave us the best service, we also wanted to book other best western acommidation in England and Scotland and the staff at the reception could not do enough for us and rang through to book our future locations this was the best service we have come across "great work guys from a couple of aussie tourists " keep up the great service Deb and Dan

Dear Deb & Dan,

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments on our staff and management.

Reviewed 24 March 2010

The front desk staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The hotel room was very clean.

We paid 59 euros per night without breakfast. It would have been 79 euros with breakfast.

The hotel was easy to find and about an hour or so drive from the Aran Island ferry.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MidwesternParent

Reviewed 23 March 2010

First impressions matter. We were greeted by warm friendly staff and given the details of our room. The room was impeccably clean.

We did discover a problem with the toilet but within minutes someone came to take a look at it and as they couldn't fix it we were moved to another room.

The hotel in general is great, with smart décor and although it's on a main road, there was no obvious traffic noise in the rooms.

The staff were all friendly and helpful. We felt that the service was above and beyond what you'd expect for this sort of hotel. For example we sat in the bar and had a look through the bar menu - before we'd even had a chance to get up and go to the bar to order food the barman came over and took our order.

Food was good, generous portions and well presented, reasonable prices too.

All in all, we'd thoroughly recommend this hotel.