“Perfect B&B”

Ranked #158 of 186 Galway B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Perfect B&B”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've spent there only one night, but honestly it was a great choice.Good connection to the city centre{bus 401, every 20 minutes from or to the the city centre], parking area in front of the House[for who's planning to go there by Car], rooms in perfect condition,clean and tidy[each room had own toilet and shower ].We had breakfast just for 8 euro, Wi-Fi available, during the night quiet place.Highly recommended, next time it will be again my choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed in a triple and were very pleased. The bedroom and bathroom were large and very clean. There were two comfortable chairs and a workdesk. The wifi worked well.
The continental breakfast was extensive and a real value at 5 €.
A couple of small suggestions-lighting in the bedroom could be better and venting could be improved in the bathroom.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Pescara
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Nice and clean hotel in Salthill, close to the seaside! Staff kind and helpfull! Resonable prices!
Absolutely recommended!!!
Perfect to enjoy the beautiful city of Galway and the organized tours run by Galway Tour Company (free pick up at the B&B).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here and it was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated the staff were very friendly & helpful. The only problem was the herd of elephants staying in the room above. If the rooms had better sound proofing I would have given them 5/5.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Needham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed at 5 B&Bs during our travel in Ireland, and probably would rate The Rise as best. Its in an unassuming location in Salt Hill that is easily accessible to Galway city. We had a rental car and parking was right in front. The room( a triple) had a lovely bathroom, tiny balcony and was pleasantly decorated. The common area was spacious and included a kitchen and a coffee machine for latte and espresso at one's convenience. Breakfast was fairly typical Irish fare and assorted pastry and fruit. The guesthouse had a really nice feel to it and I would gladly go back. An excellent value for sure!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank marconinester
chicago
Reviewed 20 October 2013

our first problem was that we couldn't find the place! we kept driving around. our gps told us we were here, but we kept saying "where??" when we did find it, we went inside and thought that it was very nice. our room was small, but very cute. we went to several bed and breakfasts while in ireland and we thought that the inside of this place was the most attractive. the beds were very comfortable. the location was kind of strange. nothing walking distance. we had to take a taxi to the fun area. the owners were not particularly friendly. we had breakfast downstairs, which was just okay but then later when we checked out we were told that we didnt purchase breakfast with our room! what? we all thought that we did and even if we hadn't, shouldn't someone have said something when we went downstairs? if we would have known, we would have just gone into down and had breakfast at a cafe. oh well.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank me0102
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 October 2013

In June 2013 I stayed in this B&B, booked in for 2 nights in a single room for the weekend. The place was so noisy with ladies laughing and screaming around the corridors, and then returning loudly at various intervals throughout the wee hours. I could not sleep on the first night despite other customers asking them to reduce the noise level, the management put a piece of paper on the front door to tell people to be quiet, but did not manage the situation effectively. The noise continued on and off for most of the night. I left after the first morning totally exhausted, I was due to go sight-seeing but this was now not possible. I spoke to the lady serving breakfast (not the manager) and informed her I was not going to pay for that night or the night to follow that I was going to find alternative accommodation. She seemed to agree and apologised to me as I left, but to my surprise I was subsequently charged for the 1 night I stayed. I tried to contact the manager but for the next few days the manager was never there and never did return my phone calls. I then contacted the original website from where I booked the hotel to make a complaint to them as I felt I was due my money back and that they should be aware of this B&B's poor service. The website was quickly able to make contact with the manager, however the manager made out that I was a very awkward customer, namely asking to replace the broken light bulb in my en suite toilet, yes true, and asking if I could park near the front door, yes also true. They said I was ringing the hotel complaining and giving out to staff, and said that I threatened 'there'd be trouble if I did not get my money back' as their defence to the booking website in question. These owners are not honest in their dealings. All I wanted to do was talk to the manager. The treatment I received was terrible. I feel compelled to share this experience; the customer service is very poor. I would not recommend this B&B for this reason. There are plenty more places to stay in Galway that I would try first. I should have asked the girls to take me out with them; it would have been much more of a fun night! Please do not respond to this review about 'taking comments on board', it's too late, you could have responded to me before now.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank NamesteUrn

Travellers are raving about these Galway hotels