Barnacles Hostel Galway
US$256
US$217
  • Restaurant
Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$186
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$153
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$158
Orbitz.com
US$293
US$258
Travelocity
  • Pool
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$135
Travelodge Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$163
US$176
US$170
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$133
All reviewsgreat locationbed dormquay streetfree breakfastcommon roompancake machinepub crawlperson roomprivate bathroomcan't beat the locationnight lifecentral locationlatin quarterbars and restaurantscommon areasenjoyed my staybeds were comfortable
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Barnacles Hostel Galway was an excellent place to stay. It was very centrally located and directly across the street from one of the best, most popular bars in Galway (Quay's Bar). Also next to many great restaurants and walking distance to all Galway attractions. The staff was excellent and extremely helpful. My friend and I arrived early on a Thursday morning around 8 a.m. and booked a trip to the Cliffs of Moher with the front desk staff for that same day at 11:00 a.m. (with discount I might add). The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable as well. We stayed in a four person room with a private bathroom. This room had four lockable wire baskets that slid underneath the beds which provided a very convenient place to store our belongings. I would definitely recommend this hostel to others staying in Galway. Great price, location and quality.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Location is great! You cannot find better situation. But the hostel is very small, kitchen is not the best. Although the staff is very nice! Galway is really a place to stay two or more days since you're close to Connemara, Aran Islands and so on.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A group of us stayed for a stag weekend in late august and the location was 1st class,the girl who checked us in could not have been nicer,rooms were spotless with en-suite,the guy that checked us out sun morning was very pleasant and polite,a great stay and value.

Room Tip: Two steps out the door and you are surrounded by pubs and food,could not be handier.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Hello Fellow Wanderers !

Upon my travels I ended up in Galway City needing a comfortable, centally located place to lay my head for a week before heading off to Mayo for my cousin's wedding. I had extra gear with me and several other small particular needs - a lower bunkbed, a place to store my extra stuff, a sit down computor, ensuite bathroom if possible etc... "No bother" they would tell me - what relief!!

I went and did my food shopping. The large communal kitchen was superb, two fridges that rotate to ensure cleansliness and all utensils one needs to cook up a hearty dinner. I shared meals with many others - great ambiance too !

All the showers worked great, the dorm-room doors shut quietly, the rooms were warm - not damp like elsewhere, the other travellers were respectful - thus good night sleeps. One can watch DVDs on the large screen if an evening to detox is required !

Needless to say I shall return - Galway is one happenin' town - Great craic !!! Live music everywhere ! Thanks to all the staff for your kindness - SEE YOU AGAIN I HOPE !!!

Cheers, Dave-Kevin

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and have ensuite toilet and showers, I believe - just ask the staff for their opinion.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

This hostel is one of the best I've ever stayed in, the staff are extremely friendly and aware of what's happening in the town, we were given great advice on what restaurants to go to, which pubs had live music etc. The rooms were a good size, with 2 ensuite bathrooms, great location right amongst the main pubs, bars and clubs as well as the main shops etc. the free walking tour with Viking tours is well worth doing too!

• Stayed: June 2013