“Excellent”

Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I have to say we enjoyed our stay. Good size room comforable bed, very clean room breakfast was good, (you can get an irish fry up in the bar all day if you want i think its €8) nice staff, i would recommend this hotel to anyone, yes its city centre of course there will be noise what else would you expect in any city in the world. Every thing is on your door step from pubs, shops & restaurants even Galway bay is a 10 min walk away. Excellent rates for being in the heart of the city what more could you ask for. Staff are very down to earth but very good at helping and making sure everything is okay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hilda s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
Galway
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Everything was good, bed , size of the room excellent and bathroom facilities and breakfast good as well. One comment : i do not think it is neccesary to have clean twowels evrey day, they might give the option to use it more day,s if the customer wants it. Better for the environment!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Marion K
Dundalk, Ireland
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Firstly let me make it clear that this review is based upon a group of lads staying a weekend at the hotel. It is not necessarily applicable to couples or families. So on that logic I would happily recommend this hotel as a place to stay when in Galway. The location could not be better, top of Eyre Square, within walking distance of the bus/train stations and all the main shops, bars and restaurants. Check in staff were friendly and accommodating when we arrived, especially when one of party cancelled at the last minute.

The rooms themselves were exactly as required, with two of the four rooms we booked being particularly large. There were signs of wear and tear, but nothing major that affected our stay. On the ground floor the hotel bar has a nice atmosphere and was a perfect meeting point to start off on our night out. During the day it also operates a full carvery lunch service which seemed busy on the Saturday. In terms of breakfast, I guess it is a little disappointing that it is only a continental and self service set up. But with as much bread, pastries, meats, cheeses, juices and cereals you can't really go too far wrong.

To summarise, the main plus points have to be the location, staff service, bar/restaurant and room size (if you're lucky). On the downside the walls are a little thin and you can definitely pick up conversations from your neighbours. But as our group were out and about for most of the evenings it didn't really bother us - in fact apologies to other guests if we were a little noisy when arriving home...

Room Tip: Room 133 and 130 are huge triples, but right at the beginning of the corridor.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Chozz
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 13 November 2012

After checking in to this hotel, I roamed about Galway City. The hotel is right in the city center, which I found appealing. If that was the reason for no sleep, I would have understood. The doors on the hotel rooms don't have closers, so the doors SLAM ALL NIGHT LONG! People were in and out of their rooms ALL NIGHT LONG! Due to this, I WAS UP ALL NIGHT LONG! I checked out early and checked myself into another location and the person at the front desk was less than friendly when I opted to do this. Additionally, when I located the breakfast the next morning, which wasn't in the restaurant, rather another location in the hotel, their was no attendant. I served myself with what was out on the counter and muddled through how to make myself a coffee. I thought it to be strange, being that the set up didn't lend itself to self serve. When the server returned, he didn't ask if I found everything okay or greet me with a good morning, but began clearing the tables. I was unlike any service I had experienced during my trip. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank ExplorerGals

Travellers are raving about these Galway hotels

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I went to the restaurant as I live in Galway for breakfast only. We were served by a lady, I was told she is the longest serving staff member there. She is extremely rude, obviously not happy in her job and looks down on people. The breakfast itself was o.k but I would not return there under any circumstances.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Bern777
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Would happily stay here again, IF they changed one little thing. The noise!! The rooms were clean, perfect location, very spacious, comfy bed, reception staff very friendly, iron and ironing board in room, hair dryer, in general fantastic hotel - except.. The walls are paper thin. Our lovely neighbours kept us awake all night , we heard everyhing. Then in the morning, the cleaners are EXTREMELLY LOUD!!! They talk loud, shout, bang, right outside the door from early in the morning. I know rooms have to be cleaned early etc, but there is no need for the noise level of these guys, especially considering how every little noise seems to travel into the rooms. Cleaners need a good talking to!

Otherwise, a great stay :)

Room Tip: A soundproof one!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank skellett
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday, had a double room which was really spacious& very clean. the room came with an ironing board &iron. Big double bed & had a great nights sleep. Bathroom was spacious & clean.The staff were friendly & helpful. Parking was only few mins walk. Breakfast was well laid out with plenty to offer. Would recommend as great location for shops & pubs within walking distance. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple