Imperial Hotel Galway
US$184
US$177
  • Restaurant
Westwood House Hotel(Dangan)(Great Value!)
US$158
Salthill Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$195
Travelocity
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$140
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$155
Travelocity
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$123
The Twelve Hotel(Barna)
US$263
US$256
US$329
US$312
Travelocity
All reviewscontinental breakfasteyre squaregreat locationcold meatstrain stationcentral hotelyour doorstepfirst floorroom was largecar parkarts festivalbit datedhen partya lovely staylovely hotelyogurtpubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night, the two of us and our 11 year old son, the room was clean and lovely and warm, the staff were very friendly and helpfull, I had been warned when booking that it may be noisey as they had hen and stag staying the same night but we all slept soundly and heard nothing (we were at the back of the hotel), The contential breakfast was fine, we could have easily upgraded to cooked breakfast for 5 euro extra but were happy with what we had, no complaints here, for 99 euro for the three of us it was great value, I will definetly be staying here again :D

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
imperialhotelgalway, Manager at Imperial Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Roisie

Thank you for your review I was glad to read that you found our bedrooms clean and warm and that our staff were helpful and friendly. It was also good to read that there were no complaints with the Continental Breakfast.

As always with all reviews this will be posted on our staff notice board and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Imperial Hotel, Galway City.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I don't normally write these reports but at the lack of service i received i felt i just had to. I arrived to the restaurant of the hotel at approximately 7pm on Saturday evening and I have to say the service i received was shocking. We took at seat and after looking through the menu chose our food, as there was a system in place we pressed the button and waited for service, and waited so we pressed the button again. This went on for a good 20/25 minutes all the while staff walking passed us and received no eye contact, after several more attempts to get the attention of staff, we gave up and had to leave, half and hour after entering the restaurant and still hungry. I have to say it was the worst service i ever received.

Room Tip: I didnt stay just intended on using the restaurant
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter P

Dear Peter P

Thank you for your comments and to be honest I am a bit confused I was working on Saturday night myself in the restaurant as we had a very busy night with a lot of bookings. I have sent you an email regarding your comments but I have still received no reply as to what section you were sitting in as most of the tables were reserved there was only a hand full available on Saturday the 9th. I would like to investigate your comments but I am not able as I don't have all of the information required.

Thank you again for your comments and I would appreciate it if you could forward me some more information regarding your visit with us.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed a couple of nights here in late October. This hotel is in nearly a perfect location. There are grocers, liquor stores, pharmacies, etc. within 1 block. The main "party street" is just over a block away, so everything is convenient. I found the hotel interior and rooms just fine. I would NOT consider this anything like a hostel. I would certainly recommend staying here, especially during the Halloween celebration in Galway.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first or second floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Jeff D

Thank you for your review and your nice comments about the Imperial Hotel. I would agree with you we have a great location right on Eyre Square and close to every thing Galway City has to offer. I was also glad to read that you did not agree with other reviews about our interior and bedrooms.

As always your review will be posted on our staff notice board and thank you again for taking the time to write your review. Hope you had a pleasant trip home to Shawnee, Kansas and we look forward to seeing you in Galway at the Imperial Hotel again soon.

Galway City.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

If you are looking for a fancy hotel then this isn't for you. As mentioned in previous reviews, the 'lobby' area of the hotel is very basic - more like a Premier Inn or Travelodge. However, if you are looking for a clean room in a prime location in Galway for a reasonable price this is the place for you. We stayed for two nights in this hotel over Halloween. The room was spacious and clean and the buffet style breakfast was quite good with toast, boiled eggs, ham etc but there is a good bakery across the street if you are looking for a traditional Irish breakfast. My only complaint was that we had quite noisy neighbours and the room was roasting which made it hard to sleep! The location was excellent though - we only had to walk a few minutes to get to the main street for shops and pubs. One last thing to bear in mind is that parking costs 10 Euro a night in the recommended car park - this slightly took away from our cheap room price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
imperialhotelgalway, Manager at Imperial Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Emmat 93
Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was glad to read that you found our rooms to be spacious and clean and that you enjoyed your breakfast. We also do a cooked Irish Breakfast for €5 for residents from 9.30 am in the restaurant downstairs. As regards the noisy neighbours and the room being to hot if you had rang reception we could of sorted both problems out for you. All the heat in the bedrooms is controlled within the room which can be turned from 1 Cool to 5 Hot. Also all of the bedrooms have Air Conditioning which is also controlled within your bedroom. With the parking all of the City Center hotels use the same car parks as none of them have parking onsite. The rate of €10.00 for 24 hours is a reduced rate available to all of the hotels in Galway City and for City parking is very reasonable.

Thank you again for your review and as always it will be displayed on our staff notice board
Galway city

Reviewed 31 October 2013

While the staff was REALLY helpful and nice, the hotel itself was just so-so. The restaurant/bar downstairs looked dingy and dirty and the hotel lobby seemed more like a hostel. The rooms were clean enough, but the walls were paper thin. If your neighbor so much as whispered, you could probably hear it. Would not recommend it if you intend to get any sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet one (if there is a such a thing?!)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Mn_Traveler_3333

Thank you for your review I was glad to read that our staff were really nice and helpful. I was sorry to read that you did not enjoy our restaurant & Bar but we can't please everyone we have over 200 people both drinking and dining in our Bar / Restaurant every day.
Thank you again for your review as always it will be displayed on our staff notice board.