“So central with friendly staff”

Imperial Hotel Galway
Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Galway
“So central with friendly staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Just stayed for 1 night and thumbs up for friendly staff, nice breakfast and super location, ideal for shoppers ( to deposit bags during the day! ) and beside christmas markets and close to all restaurants and bars. Breakfast that included is continental is perfect with fruit,cereals, bagels, cold meats,eggs...
No the rooms arent brill and its a little old and could do with refurbishnent to bring everything to date. ..but its perfect for galway as there is so much to see and do very little time for hotel!!

• Stayed December 2013
imperialhotelgalway, Manager at Imperial Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Bedqueen

Thank you for your review delighted to read that you give the hotel the thumbs up. I would have to agree with you we have a great location right on Eyre Square in the heart of Galway City.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Imperial Hotel in 2014.

Galway City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Halifax West Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Hotel located on Eyre Square in the centre of Galway, within walking distance of both train station and coach station.
Larger than average room, with good facilities. Breakfast was continental only, but there was adequate choice of pastries and cold meats etc.
Centrally located hotel at reasonable price.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Anthony JS
Thank you for your review and I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and Galway City. It is always good to hear that you got value for money and that you found the breakfast to be satisfactory and the bedroom to be large and with good facilities.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you to the Imperial Hotel in 2014

NORTHERN IRELAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

First time we have gone to Galway and we and just managed to come when the christmas market had arrived. This was our first stay and would agree with all the positive reviews. We stayed in room 201 which had a full view of the square and at night the market christmas lights where an added bonus. I also believed there was no hot water but i found if you let the water run for a moment it will come to a sufficent tempature.I will return again but maybe when the weather is warmer when you can sit outside all the pubs and cafes. Stayed on 6th December

Room Tip: Try front rooms but these are always on demand
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear William B
Thank you for your review and I am delight that you enjoyed your stay with us and Galway City. It sure is a magical time when the Christmas Market comes to town. We hope to see you again in 2014.

Thanks again for your review

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

There is no doubt the location of this hotel is its greatest asset. Right smack on Eyre Square it is perfectly located for exploring the sights of the city, its great nightlife an restaurants and the bay area and all the city has to offer.

However the hotel is very tired and in serious need of renovation. Its rooms are adequate and clean but the public areas look drab and very dreary. The bar is very badly laid out with little or no focus on atmosphere and with the bar tucked behind a pillar and a tv blaring in the middle. The staff are very helpful and polite despite the fact that when I asked where was good to eat the receptionist failed to mention the hotel's restaurant and its special offer of a meal and a drink.

The hotel has a lot going for it if the owners, whoever they may be, were prepared to spend a bit of money on much needed upgrades.

Room Tip: If you travel at the weekend make sure to get a room at the back as the noise on Eyre Square can be...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Wooise123
Thank you for your review I would agree with you we have a great location right in the heart of Galway City. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you as I was on holidays. I have taken your comments on board and have spoken to the reception staff about informing guests about our food service. From what I can make out on the night you were in the bar a football match was just over and that is why the TV was on.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Imperial Hotel in 2014
Galway City.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel 5 times this year while in Galway on business, but my last 2 stays were disastrous with only Luke warm water both in my shower and the sinks, i let it go on the first occasion but 2 in a row??.. I love the hotel, the rooms are excellent and staff very efficient also the location is fantastic, so maybe no harm to look into this water issue ? It won't stop me staying again ..Derek Murphy -- Dublin

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Murphy

Thank you for your review and can I say sorry for not responding to you sooner. I have being on holidays. I have asked our maintenance man to look into the problem with the hot water and there was a problem with one of the pumps, but he has assured me that it has being replaced and this problem should not happen again.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you to the Imperial Hotel in 2014.
Galway City.
Leitrim
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night, the two of us and our 11 year old son, the room was clean and lovely and warm, the staff were very friendly and helpfull, I had been warned when booking that it may be noisey as they had hen and stag staying the same night but we all slept soundly and heard nothing (we were at the back of the hotel), The contential breakfast was fine, we could have easily upgraded to cooked breakfast for 5 euro extra but were happy with what we had, no complaints here, for 99 euro for the three of us it was great value, I will definetly be staying here again :D

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
imperialhotelgalway, Manager at Imperial Hotel Galway, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Roisie

Thank you for your review I was glad to read that you found our bedrooms clean and warm and that our staff were helpful and friendly. It was also good to read that there were no complaints with the Continental Breakfast.

As always with all reviews this will be posted on our staff notice board and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Imperial Hotel, Galway City.

Gort, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I don't normally write these reports but at the lack of service i received i felt i just had to. I arrived to the restaurant of the hotel at approximately 7pm on Saturday evening and I have to say the service i received was shocking. We took at seat and after looking through the menu chose our food, as there was a system in place we pressed the button and waited for service, and waited so we pressed the button again. This went on for a good 20/25 minutes all the while staff walking passed us and received no eye contact, after several more attempts to get the attention of staff, we gave up and had to leave, half and hour after entering the restaurant and still hungry. I have to say it was the worst service i ever received.

Room Tip: I didnt stay just intended on using the restaurant
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter P
Dear Peter P

Thank you for your comments and to be honest I am a bit confused I was working on Saturday night myself in the restaurant as we had a very busy night with a lot of bookings. I have sent you an email regarding your comments but I have still received no reply as to what section you were sitting in as most of the tables were reserved there was only a hand full available on Saturday the 9th. I would like to investigate your comments but I am not able as I don't have all of the information required.

Thank you again for your comments and I would appreciate it if you could forward me some more information regarding your visit with us.

Galway City

Travellers are raving about these Galway hotels