“Dog food”

Imperial Hotel Galway
Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on Patricks weekend. We said that we would have food in the bar. I had the so called roast beef that came out with salad on a hot plate!!! The beef had to been cooked days before hand as for the vegetables they must have been cooked days and days before hand. I said it too the staff and all he could say was sorry about that. Wake up and see what kind of dog for your chef is sending out!!!!!

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank celtic32
imperialhotelgalway, Manager at Imperial Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Celtic 32

Best regards

There are newer reviews for Imperial Hotel Galway

Reviewed 6 March 2014

A pleasant hotel which is great value and only a short walk from Eyre Square, convenient for Galway's thriving and lively night life. Staff cheery and helpful ( didn't seem false friendly) breakfast enormous.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Dear Slavica M

Thank you for your review it is always good to hear such positive feedback, tho I appreciate all feed back.

John gannon

Reviewed 5 March 2014

stayed here last friday night was amazed with the size of the bedroom very large spotlessly clean with a teriffic view over eyre square if u book here ask for room 302 you will not be disappointed we had the conintental breakfast of which there was plenty to choose from defnitley one of the nicest rooms weve stayed in

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephen19689

Hi Stephen 19689

Thank you for your review good to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would have to agree with you room 302 is one of my favorite rooms.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed here valentines weekend with my boyfriend for 2 nights. Found our room on 2nd floor, horrible 'view' out the back of hotel-looking out onto a fire escape. (I had requested room at front of hotel). Dinner in hotel bar that night chicken goujons definitely microwaved! The noise that night was atrocious, awake from 2am to 4am doors slamming, people shouting, could actually hear the conversations in the room next door. Very old hotel floors creaking above us, could hear people walking around their rooms. Sunday morning, housekeeping knock on door at 10am (we were staying again that night) surely they should give people a lie in and clean the rooms later in the day!! The Sunday night not much better, a family In the room next door- could hear everything! Was glad to check out! Wish I'd stayed in Jury's Inn. Same price but a much better hotel! Good points about imperial are location and breakfast was ok!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank irishlass087

Dear Irishlass 087

Thank you for your review and sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I have spoken to the house keeping staff about knocking on rooms to early on a Sunday morning.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed here for one night and was extremely disappointed by the service and staff. We arrived late and were in a rush to get back out of the room as we had dinner reservations. Upon arrival the receptionist 'preauthorised' my card. There were two of us sharing the room and we asked could we halve the price of the room and pay on checkout. Apparently that was no problem. When we walked into our room there was a horrific smell of sewerage. I have never in my life smelled something so foul!!!!! we tried to ring reception but couldn't get through. On our third attempt we got through. They changed our room but we were now late for dinner. We were then woken at 6am by screaming, door slamming teenagers in the room next to us. This went on for a long time. When we informed reception the next morning it was made out that it was our fault for not ringing the night porter. We were half asleep and didnt feel up for ringing down numerous times before getting an answer. To top it all off, when i checked my online banking the next day I discovered that i had been charged for the full price of the room and the half price of the room also. So she had obviously made a transaction initially and didnt just 'preauthorise' the card. I rang up to ask to be refunded. I did not receive an apology. It was also made out that it was my own fault as i did not have the receipts to hand. I still have not been refunded yet. I have also discovered that a friend of mine who was part of our party and checked in the night before got charged twice for the room also. So this was not a once off mistake. €109 for a room for one night is highly overpriced for an old hotel with inattentive staff. I would have received better service staying in one of the hostels and it would have been a LOT cheaper and probably a more enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laragh M

Dear Laragh M

Thank you for your review sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I know one of our team was in contact with you to sort out the issues.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

stayed here on new years eve ,was checked in very fast delighted cos i was doubled parked outside my bad, hotel is hugh stayed in room 237 taught id never get there room was lovely bed is massive the room was very warm suits me cos im always cold you ring reception and they turn it down didnt tell hubby as hed have it like a fridge, shower grand great pressure well taught out layout , there is no carparking at hotel but they do a deal in city carpark for 10e but you have to get ticket stamped at hotel i didnt read leaflet right cost me 20e ,Breakfast room only continental but have everyting you need proper coffee machine doing latte capuchino me happy juice machine with apple cranberry and orange cold meats,pastrys cereals only downside my hubby needs a fry after a night out which is a fiver extra but is served in restaurant downstairs so no breakfast together on da first day of year ahh finally staff were lovely everyone we meet said hello and lets face it if i had to work on both of these days i wouldnt be very sociable top marks will stay again very soon

Room Tip: right beside supermacs chipper so get room away from front if you have children it will be noisy at...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 187cassie

Dear 187 Cassie

Thank you for your review sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Good to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will return.

Best regards

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed here recently and had a very comfortable stay, the hotel surpassed my expectations. The room was warm and comfortable. Superb location in Galway City, walking distance to shops, pubs and restaurants. However, I was more than happy to eat in the restaurant and have my pint in the residents bar. Had a very pleasant and friendly waitress, as well, the young Canadian on the front desk was more than helpful in answering my questions. The night porter was also a gent. I was expecting things to get noisy come night time but this was not the case, had a great nights sleep. Would love to return and make more of the charming city of Galway, highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
imperialhotelgalway, Manager at Imperial Hotel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Smity_Califorina

Thank you for writing a review. It was a delight to read and good to know that we surpassed your expectations. We do have a great location right on Eyre Square in the heart of Galway City or Charming Galway City as you call it. I have to say that I would agree with you there. Glad you enjoyed your food in the restaurant and some drinks and that you felt you could talk and ask questions to our staff who love to give information.

Thanks again for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Imperial Hotel in 2014.

Best regards and Happy new year
Imperial Hotel