“Amazing break”

The Connacht Hotel
Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in Galway
“Amazing break”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed in hotel for a 2 night break in galway travelling to galways for many years since a child but this had to be the best time I've been down. Between a friendly arrival, lovely room and amazing leisure facilities. Live music both nights we were there (noteably we were there during midweek). had dinner in the restaurant on one of the nights and at the bar the second, both gorgeous food and such friendly staff! Highly highly recommended!!

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank Dearbhlax1
Louise P, Guest Relations Manager at The Connacht Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of Shay Livingstone, General Manager and all the Team here at the Connacht Hotel, I wish to thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and particularly that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

We are always delighted to receive our guest’s feedback which is very important to us and helps us to monitor how we are performing at meeting and hopefully exceeding our guests needs.
We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us again in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Polish first
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I should have written a review ages ago but here goes now. I have been in this hotel many times have stayed have eaten and have always had a good experience of both the food and the staff. I had been in a few times during my treatment and then had a break of a few months. Then after 4 months my friend and I walked into the restaurant and Kay the chef at the buffet counter called out my name Ursula how are you? I replied and she remember my diet of greens, no sauce, plenty of salad etc . I could not believe she would remember my name after the hundreds of people going through on a monthly basis . I have been in recently and again knew what I wanted and got it for me without any difficulty. I had some friends with me this time and they were amazed at her bubbly personality and friendliness. I have recommended this hotel to many people for lunch as with good food, good value and Kay with her smile and helpful nature. I have observed her with other people and she will always ensure that you get what you want if you are on any kind of special diet. I would recommend this hotel for great and healthy food and value for money and most importantly friendly and caring staff. Remember the person you meet like this can either make or break the whole stay in the hotel. Of course I have to mention Michael who came up from the South court and who always treated me well for the 3 years I was up and down to Limerick with work. It is their loss in the South Court but I feel this hotel suits him better as he was always anxious to do more, and he has the opportunity to do that here with the variety of clients. He has a lovely personality and is a good team player and has a wealth of expertise in this area. Thank you Michael and well done Kay . I will never go to Galway without calling in if not staying for a healthy meal . Well done and keep it up.

Room Tip: Last time was in May and I was only up for a day visit so did not stay this time. On other occasions...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank UrsulaJordanHanley
Louise P, Guest Relations Manager at The Connacht Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Shay Livingstone General Manager and all the Team at the Connacht Hotel, I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us and we appreciate your feedback as it helps us to monitor how we are performing at both meeting and striving to exceed our Guest's expectations.

We hope that we can look forward to a return visit from you in the near future.

Mayo Ireland
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I think we picked a bad weekend to stay here as have stayed a lot in the past. The weekend we stayed was full of hen parties (it was never as bad anytime before) and we had difficulty sleeping.
We dined in the restaurant and it was under pressure and I felt like the superviser couldnt chase after us fast enough in case we were escaping without paying for our meal. I witnessed a few staff getting told off although they were already stretched to the limit and it felt awkward.
There was a french tour in and a lot of staff were waiting on them. I felt like at least some of the staff should have had the French for Chicken or Fish. I'm sure the Irish abroad would be disgusted if no one understood these two words or even tried to say hello or goodbye in their language.
We went to the pool and it was great until a bunch of unsupervised school boys, like an underage team jumped in. There appeared to be no leaders with them or if they were they ignored their antics. I eventually left with my own two kids who were intimidated in the pool.
I had a terrible nights sleep. The following morning the kids went to the kids club. This was a major plus..Couldnt praise the girl there enough. On check out the receptionist asked how things were and I told her. I am a fair reviewer and am generally happy enough if my custom is valued and I think people tried their best. The receptionist was very apologetic and listened to my complaint. She refunded the kids club money,which I think was a fair gesture. As a result I would come back as I have always been happy in the past.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank culchiegirl
Louise P, Guest Relations Manager at The Connacht Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of Shay Livingstone, General Manager and all the Team here at the Connacht Hotel, I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are always delighted to receive our guests feedback which is very important to us. I appreciate your very constructive comments with regards to your stay and I have addressed all of the areas you highlighted with the relevant Heads of each Department.

Please let me assure you that any of the Management Team are always available to speak in person with our guests who wish to discuss any concerns or problems they may have during their stay. I am very glad to hear that our Reception Team, listened and acted on your feedback with a token of apology and goodwill.

It is wonderful to hear that you would consider returning to us and we look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back to us.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for a short break in Galway.. From the outside the hotel looks a bit tired and I didn't like their metal sign but that's me being picky.. Inside the hotel is lovely, bar is nice and the rooms are spacious and clean. On the first night couldn't get the water in the shower to get to a nice temperature was too hot! But the second night i managed to find a more comfortable temperature after messing with it for a while. Ate in the bar one night and was far nicer than the meal we had in the city! Was really nice.. All in all a great stay!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Allison a
Dear Guests,

I wish to take this opportunity on behalf of Shay Livingstone General Manager and all the Team at The Connacht Hotel to thank you sharing your experience.

We appreciate that you took the time to give us your feedback, as all our guests comments and suggestions are very important to us and help us to strive to meet and exceed our guests expectations during their visit.

We look forward welcoming you back to us again very soon.

Guest Relations Manager
Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We had a great 2 nights in the hotel. All staff were very friendly and approachable. The food in the bar was lovely and reasonably priced. The breakfast was plentiful (though there was a bit of a wait on the Sunday morning) and there was a good variety. The Hotel was close to the city and only 7 Euro in a taxi to the city centre. The pool was lovely and relaxing. Our room was nice and clean with plenty of space.

Room Tip: Our room on the 2nd floor was very quiet we didn't hear people coming in late or doors banging w...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Phyllis K
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Shay Livingstone General Manager and all the Team here, we are delighted to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us and we are always appreciative of our guests feedback.

We look forward to welcoming back to us again in the very near future.

Guest Relations Manager
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We got a great deal for one night here. €100 for b&b and 3 course meal in their Restaurant for 2 people. The room is grand. Quite spacious and comfortable. The pool is fantastic. Shallow bubble pools and lanes for faster swimmers. The food was fine. Nothing amazing but tasty and good sized portions. Overall, very happy with value for money and would stay here again if in Galway. The staff were also very nice and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank woodlandstralee
Dear Guest,

It was wonderful to read that you stay with us was so enjoyable and that the Team were always helpful and friendly and that our facilities were to your satisfaction.

We look forward welcoming back to us again in the near future.

County Kerry, Ireland
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Just home after staying at this hotel for two nights. The first thing I immediately noticed upon check-in is the friendliness of all the staff at this hotel. In particular I would like to mention Lorainne who dealt with an additional query we had. Our room at first glance was somewhat disappointing given the two single beds when we had rang in advance and requested a double room, but a quick phonecall to reception solved this immediately and the beds were zipped together. We were also immediately offered another room which we declined. We spent some time in the bar the first evening and overall all was very good. Bar well designed with plenty of space/ seating. Smoking area out the front of hotel if needed. We did not have breakfast either morning but we did have lunch in Ruebens restaurant, and were not disappointed. A particular feature of the hotel I must mention is the amazing fitness club and pool. I have been a member at many different health clubs over the years but was very impressed with this and heated floor tiles. A very nice touch! Thank you Connaught Hotel and we look forward to staying with you again very soon!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank chasingrainbows10
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to read that you really enjoyed your time with us and particularly that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

We are always delighted to receive our guest’s feedback which is very important to us.

We hope that we can look forward welcoming you back to us again in the near future.