“Would definitely stay here again”
Review of The Connacht Hotel

The Connacht Hotel
Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here for a few nights during the Galway Film Fleadh and found my stay really enjoyable. The staff were really helpful and friendly, the gym facilities are great and the bar 'Bar Solo' was a great place for a drink with friends in the evenings. The staff really made us feel welcome, next time I go to Galway I'll be staying here again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank conor h
There are newer reviews for The Connacht Hotel

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I visited the Connacht hotel recently and had a fantastic stay! The staff were friendly and very helpful, the food was delicious and the rooms were ideal. Would definitely recommend to anyone and everyone!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lorna D
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the Connacht hotel in mid July. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. My room was nice and it was well worth the money. Unfortunately I didn't get to use the pool because I was in a cast, but my girlfriend said it was really nice. The only fault I could find is the food was only ok. Otherwise a great place to stay. Would definitely return

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BoZhou
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I had a great night in The Connacht Hotel... We stayed for the Galway races on Monday. It is in fabulous part of Galway- I will definitely return on my next visit and have already recommended it to friends!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had a great time in the Connacht Hotel. My missus and I spent a night and we taken care of very well. We were after comfort and indulgence and that's what we got! We will be back! Thanks to all the staff! :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Redstriper100
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here in July. Food was great, entertainment was great and suite was first class although quite a treck from bar area. Overall no complaints. breakfast was mighty as well. Slightly out of the city centre but nothing a short taxi ride didng cure. (around 9 euro)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 10duffman
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My family stayed here for few days in July 2014. It wasn't cheap we had an apartment and we had everything we needed.
We used the swimming pool where I was met with rude patrons who felt we shouldn't be there as they pay there membership and thought they deserved better. I didn't try gym after this bad experience with an older lady while I had my 2 young daughters.
Kids club was enjoyable for them while my partner and I decided to enjoy a nice meal down stairs but after being told we had sorted in wrong colour zone and moving the staff continued to gossip instead of take orders and food was coming from kitchen that staff hadn't a clue who owned it.
On the whole my stay was ok as my daughters where happy but when we asked how much to add a night to our stay €180 was too much. No chance it's worth that for nothing but room.

• Stayed: July 2014
Travellers also viewed these Galway hotels
Flannery's Hotel Galway
#8 of 46 in Galway
Nox Hotel
Nox Hotel
#9 of 46 in Galway

Been to The Connacht Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Connacht Hotel

Address: Dublin Road, Renmore | Galway City East, Galway, Ireland (Formerly Carlton Hotel Galway City)
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#8 Spa Hotel in Galway
#16 Family Hotel in Galway
Price Range: £63 - £160 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — The Connacht Hotel 3*
Located on the main access route to Galway City, The Connacht Hotel prides itself on its valued customer service to wide variety of clientele. From family breaks to active retired and lots in between. The Connacht Hotel is a family friendly hotel and has all you need for a break away with the kids. Supervised kids club, leisure facilities, family rooms or self-catering apartments, we understand that it's not only a break for the family but also a break for you. The club opens most weekends and during all school holidays from 9.30am-1pm & 6pm-10pm. The Connacht Hotel offers a range of purpose built conference rooms, with capacities ranging from 120 delegates to smaller conference rooms, ideal for boardroom style meetings. Free WiFi, projector and screen, flip-charts, water, stationery and mints are included. Complimentary parking is also available for all visitors. Active Fitness Leisure Club has 20 metre swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Connacht Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Hotel Galway