“An ok hotel...”
Review of The Connacht Hotel

The Connacht Hotel
Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Apart from the fact that there was no AC -- it's really a nice hotel. Facilities are very nice and the staff are helpful. The management should think of installing AC units since although you can open the windows to cool off, I was woken up during the night by a couple making "loud" noises from another room. Good thing that their "shenanigans" only lasted 20 minutes.

Stayed: July 2014
Louise P, Guest Relations Manager at The Connacht Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Shay Livingstone, General Managers and all the Team, thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay with us.

We were very pleased to read that you found the hotel to be nice and more importantly that you found your staff helpful and friendly during your visit.

We are sorry that you found the room too warm during your stay. We would have very gladly provided your room with a fan, if we were aware of your discomfort.

As with all of Guests feedback we very much appreciate their comments and suggestions and act of many of them whenever possible.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and we would look forward to welcoming you back to us as some point in the future should you visit Galway again.

There are newer reviews for The Connacht Hotel

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed here with my cousin and one of our friends for The Galway Races '14.
The trip was very last minute (we booked on the Thursday and stayed on the Saturday).
The room was great value at €60.00 a head - a bargain during race week, I thought!

The Hotel itself is nice. With a clean, open reception area and effient receptionists.
We were told check in was at 3pm and were very kindly offered use of the gym changing rooms to get ready for the races.
The location is accesible and the rooms were clean and tidy.

We had an incident in the Hotel Bar when the waitress questioned weather or not we had paid our bill. We had and this was genuine mistake on her part, but I was annoyed that there was no apology and that if she really was in doubt she could have billed it to our room in any case (as we had furnished her with our room number).
I complained the follwing morning and I spoke with Louise Pettit (The Guest relations Manager, I believe) and Louise was really lovely, seemed genuinely concened with my complaint and she is what has ultimately tipped my overall review to favourable!

All in all a nice hotel (Luxury it is not) but clean, modern and convienient, with plenty of parking.
I will be back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tara M
Louise P, Guest Relations Manager at The Connacht Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Mr. Shay Livingstone and all the Team, I wish to thank you sincerely, for taking the time to share your experience following your last visit.

I was very happy to read that you would consider returning to us following our conversation prior to your departure. I was very grateful for your understanding of this unfortunate miscommunication and I have addressed your feedback with the Food and Beverage Manager.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We have just returned from a trip to this fabulous family hotel. We arrived around 1.00pm and we're able to check in even though check in was not until 3.30pm. Reception staff were very helpful and efficient. Room was great - spacious even though we had a single bed, a double bed and 2 camp beds in it. It was very clean and tidy. Free wi-fi a real bonus. We do not normally use the kids clubs on holidays but my three boys loved the facilities here. For parents it was very safe and secure - closed each night after a movie at around 10.30pm. Again staff were so friendly. The leisure facilities were perfect - lovely big pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. Both kids and adults loved the pool. We had food in the hotel, breakfast consisted of cereal, fruit, toast and hot food. Could not find any faults. We also had dinner in Bar Solo - food was superb perfect for all the family. During our stay we had made a reservation in the Italian Restaurant however when we arrived it was clear that the staff were having some major problems ( later found out that there was no chef). We went back into the hotel and the manageress in Bar Solo was able to provide us with a table and despite numerous problems in the kitchen we were able to have dinner. The staff were obviously working in a very stressful atmosphere and some customers were getting very irate. During the whole incident the staff were helpful, courteous and a credit to the hotel. The hotel manager apologised for the inconvenience caused and we received a free lunch courtesy of the hotel. This is a fabulous family hotel, wonderful staff, friendly atmosphere and I would strongly recommend it to anyone going to visit Galway.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sam R

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Mr. Shay Livingstone and all the Team, I wish to thank you sincerely, for taking the time to share your experience following your last visit to us by writing your review.

It was lovely to read that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your very positive feedback.

We hope to have the pleasure of looking after you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Family orientated hotel in Summer and school holidays particularly with Kids clubs and organised events - Nice Leisure facility pool sauna etc
Caters also for coach tours so well worthwhile timing your visit to dining room or restaurant to avoid the rush - recommend you be late or better still ahead of everyone and do early shift! The nights I stayed there there was a delay in food coming out because of kitchen backlog coping with an organised coach bus touring party that all hit dining room bang on 7.30pm. Hotel located just on outskirts so handy as a base for city and or further afield. Rooms spacious and airy clean and well appointed

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BfpCom

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Mr. Shay Livingstone and all the Team here at The Connacht Hotel, I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us by writing your review.

We are happy to read that many aspects of your stay were to your satisfaction.

We fully appreciate that the Jotel is very busy especially during dinner and we are sorry if this lead to any inconvenience to your during your stay. Our Bar and Restaurant Team make every effort to look after the needs of our guests throughout the day in relation to our guests dining experiences.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I would like to share my experience and recommend this hotel to other families who are considering staying in Galway. My son and I are from Wales but holiday in Mayo each year. However, the first week of our holidays was spent in Galway. We stayed for 5mights in this hotel from 6th July 2014. During that time my son attended The Connacht Rugby Summer Camp. The room reserved for us was more than adequate and was serviced to a very high standard. The staff within the hotel were friendly and very attentive at all times, thus giving a great service. The dishes on the menu were varied and the chef"s signature dish of monkfish on the evening menu was second to none. It was so delicious I ordered 3 nights out of 5. The leisure facilities were pleasing as was the temperature of the pool. The hotel offered a children's club every morning and evening. My son and I thought it was amazing. A fantastic facility to offer both children and parents. It was extremely well supervised at all times giving a very safe environment for children of mixed ages. The staff were enthusiastic , highly motivated and very entertaining to say the least. Well done team! They all worked well together to provide an excellent service, complete with popcorn every evening for children watching the film. A variety of themes and events were planned in advance and were advertised on the programme notice board in reception. I would lastly like to mention a few staff who gave exceptional service to both of us during our stay. Food and beverage is a very difficult job at times, working under extreme pressure and pleasing both the kitchen staff and the customer. Evan, Carmel and Darren certainly gave attention to detail whilst working in the food service environment. Their personalities were brilliant. They had great flair and an air of authority and urgency with a willingness to please. Keep up the good work. The chocolate cake and warm scones were fabulous. We look forward to returning to the hotel very soon. THANKYOU for having us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Sarah D

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Mr. Shay Livingstone and all the Team here at The Connacht Hotel, I wish to thank you for writing your review and for such a glowing recommendation of the Hotel.

It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and we appreciate your very positive feedback. Particularly regarding the care and attention given to you by some many members of our Team

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed in this hotel during race week of the Galway races July/August 2014. The hotel itself was booked out but the staff were brilliant tending to everybody's requests and needs. The hotel has a large reception area and bar with plenty of seats. We ate in the bar our first night there. It was delicious. Great atmosphere. The buffet breakfast was unbelievable. You will not leave hungry anyway. Would definitely recommend this hotel. It has a fab leisure centre also with a kiddies club. Great for families. We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Donegal899

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Myself and my partner stayed in the Connacht Hotel over the weekend and from the moment we stepped in the door to the moment we checked out it was nothing but a joy. There was no long wait, the check in and out service was so swift and easy, the staff were so delightful and caring. Our room was so luxurious for the great price we paid. I would highly recommend this hotel the many of my friends who wish to travel to Galway.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank colins537
Louise P, Guest Relations Manager at The Connacht Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2014