“RAW - superb”

Ranked #126 of 503 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$9 - US$37
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: RAW - sushi in the sky... finally, authentic Japanese sushi comes to Galway! An intriguing proposition, and a perfect fit for the west of Ireland where some of the finest fresh fish available is landed, RAW is a destination restaurant at the top of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Galway. Serving an exciting selection of authentic Japanese sushi, sashimi, sakes and whiskies, RAW showcases local fish as much as possible in creating traditional Japanese sushi, led by master craftsman and Japanese native Hisashi Kumagai, RAW's chef. Open Tuesday - Saturday 6pm to 10pm
Reviewed 6 September 2013

a hidden gem ...galway locals need to try this experience....delicious sushi, excellent presentation attentive and helpful staff and all this in serene surroundings with great views...the sky is the limit..i had the wild turbit yum and veg sushi rolls to start ...some warm delish sake ..the meal was so healthy i even had room for dessert rice covered in dark chocolate while a bit dubious at first i have to say i thoroughly enjoyed my pudding ...the chef also gave us a complimentary starter of swordfish...i survived the wasabi..and will definetly go back and tell all my friends..very reasonably priced ...i left totally satisfied without that bloated feeling i would higly recommend this eatery to all ...

1  Thank Bridget P

Reviewed 3 September 2013

'food from this place is amazing and not expensive at all.'

Staff very Knowledegable about products and views from window seats amazing

Be sure to try the Barbary Duck Breast

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Ordered a fixed menu with good portion sizes (could have been bigger though). Seems fairly highly priced for the quality and quantity of food.
The view on the bay gives this restaurant a nice edge.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

RAW in the Sky at the Galway Radisson is an experience not to be missed. The Sushi is authentic and fabulous. The marinated duck breast defies description as it is so nice.
RAW enjoys a unique location and the decor is wonderfully designed and coordinated.
Some of our party were "First Timers" as Sushi eaters and the lovely Japanese lady who served us was so so helpful and patient. Our server was very attentive and really struck the balance between being helpful without being obtrusive.

I would highly recommend RAW, it is Top Class

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I love this place so much! I've had sushi in a few other restaurants including a 'top notch' one in Tenerife. Yet I still think this place beats all. The staff are lovely. I have a favourite one which I need to get the name of! She's a lovely Asian woman who welcomes us very kindly every time and seems happy every time, She always puts my boyfriend and I in a good mood. I go here with my boyfriend whenever we can. I literally crave their sushi! I couldn't compliment this place enough! My boyfriend loves the tuna maki and I love the California rolls. The pictures are from different times we were there!

1  Thank Shannontkd