“Nice place”

37 West
Ranked #119 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Cafe Deli Wine
Durban, South Africa
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

We were told to here by the guesthouse owner for a simple lunch on our way out of town. It was a great choice. The breads served with the salads were home made and a lot of effort seemed to have gone into everything. Out of town but worth a visit

Visited August 2013

Gaillimh
“Always feeling sexy!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I've been meaning to review this restaurant for a while now. It is so rare to find a place that serves amazing healthy salads, and naughty melts in the one place. My fave thing is that you can get coffees made with coconut and almond milk, not just the usual soy option. I have been doing the Pat Divilly programmes for a few months and have made some serious lifestyle changes so its great to never have to compromise when eating out! The staff are lovely and cheery and the atmosphere in 37 West is laid back and breezy. I live the other side of Galway city and drive over every Sunday for the cure!

Biawest, Owner at 37 West, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
You always feel Sexy because I imagine you are!!! Thanks for taking the item to write!!
Our dairy free coffees were a huge and unexpected hit!! People are loving them !! Thanks to one of our customers Jennifer who gave us the nod!
We love lazy Sundays at 37 West chilled out munching and catching up on all the gossip!!
Thanks again
#healthyisthenewsexy
Galway, Ireland
“Simply divine!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Having heard about 37 West from quite a few of friends, I made my first trip to today and was not disappointed. The restaurant is committed to making simple and wholesome food interesting and quirky (though for the committed carnivores out there, there is a burger on the menu). Not an easy feat but 37 West proves that eating good food does not have to be a penance. I ordered the seafood chowder and am usually disappointed by the sheer lack of seafood and plethora of spuds....not this one!! It was a hearty meal in a bowl served with a really tasty brown bread. Yum!! I'll definitely be sampling this again. I finished off with one of their delicious cupcakes. This is how ALL cupcakes should taste; moist and with lashings and lashings of mint flavoured icing (which Gill the owner told me was dairy free). There is clearly so much thought gone into this restaurant from the decor, menu selection, reasonable pricing, welcoming staff and bright and friendly ambience and this is what makes it really special. Aside from this, I just love food that is prepared with love. And that is in abundance in this lovely new restaurant. Well done to the whole team. Can't wait to come back for my next visit.

Biawest, Owner at 37 West, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Thank you so much for your fab review! It really lifted our hearts and we all read it over and over again!
Thanks. For taking the time to spread some love!!
Galway
“Such a welcome addition to Galway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Really impressed with this place...the food is delicious. Have had the superfood salad everytime - it is so impressive. Salads can often just be a plate of lettuce, but this one is packed with goodness and very substantial.

Love the emphasis on health - really appealing.

One complaint - I was dining outside with a friend and the lady beside us was smoking - really turned my stomach. I would have had coffee, but left after that. If the emphasis is on health, then this shouldn't be accommodated (imo!).

Otherwise, really like this place!

Hi
Thanks for writing!! We are all in LOVE in with the superfood salad!!! It Galway's latest addiction !!
Sorry about the smoker , the covered seating area is non smoking and small section in the garden is smoking area. A staff member should have informed you. Sorry about this!
Thanks again and remember healthy is the new sexy!
Galway, Ireland
“I hate Salads!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I don't eat salads; I hate salads; they're boring, tasteless, unsatisfying. This place has changed everything for me and my relationship with salads! Who knew that they could be so good! You have to try the superfood salad and the muscle builder salad. Both are full of flavour and satisfying - not something I ever associated before with an assortment of leaves!
There's a lot more to 37 West though. Great more substantial dishes (the grilled lamb and the grilled chicken on a skewer are gorgeous), excellent service and a permanent warm welcome from the owner, manager and staff.
I'm a regular now and I've suggested that my wife should start paying rent as she's there so often!

• Visited July 2013
Biawest, Owner at 37 West, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
LOVE this review!! We all got a great giggle out of it!!! Thank you
A man who hates Salad!!! Who would have thought!!!!
Its funny I am always telling people it's the men that love the superfood the most!!! We have a following from the Connaught Rugby team too who all love the superfood salad!
Let me know your email address and I will draw up a contract for your wife and we can agree some t&c
Thanks again