“Disappointing !!”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe Deli Wine
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I had lunch in 37 West today with a friend of mine. I had great expectations due to the ratings on this site, but sadly it did not live up to those expectations. I ordered a Super-food Salad which was supposed to contain Quinoa, Beetroot, seeds and mixed leaves with Feta Cheese at a price of €8.50. What i got was a bowl of lettuce, if i dug around at the bottom of the bowl, i found the spoonful of Quinoa and remnants of beetroot, but at €8.50 I felt cheated. Our waitress was inattentive at best, she didn't seem to have any interest in what was going on around her or in us. There are far better places to eat in Galway, and I wont be returning here.

6  Thank Mairead050

Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Lovely cafe on the campus of NUIG. lovely food soups sandwiches and amazing cakes. Bit on the expensive side for lunch but good portions and very filling. Highly recommended

1  Thank Paul N
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Been there twice in the past month, for lunch on both occasions. The first time in a party of 3, we arrived right in the midst of the busy lunch hour trade - we had reserved a table but the service was VERY slow - both to order and to get our food. However, the quality of the food was very good. On the second occasion in a party of 4, we got there ahead of the lunch time crowd, we got our order taken a bit faster but we STILL had to wait for ages for the food to arrive (we had to go and ask where our lunch was). Again food quality was very good - fish cakes are gorgeous! The cafe does a busy trade in take-out sandwiches - I wonder if that is what slows up the service for seated customers?? I would like to keep visiting 37 West, but please try to get the food out in a reasonable time!!

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Went in today for the first time to try this place out. Service was a little slow but staff were more than friendly and food was delicious! Had the chowder and a lovely sandwich. Will be back!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I must say it is lovely to have somewhere like 37 West so close to NUIG for lunch. The food is excellent and a welcome break from the traditional sandwich culture around the college. The staff are very nice and welcoming.

However the place is a bit disorganized. I'm all for friendly staff who don't rush customers but there is a fine balance between this and being so laid back that you might spend your lunch hour just waiting for your order. Maybe its just me coming from a background in restaurant and hotel work but I was in for a take away soup today and it took forever to order - I wasn't even looking for bread with it. There seemed to be one person manning the deli and he seemed a bit rushed off his feet - which is fair enough at lunch time - but there were at least four other people behind the desk/til that could have at least asked if I was being served and most likely could have poured a takeaway soup. I'm sure I'm just nitpicking but this aspect of the service had lead me to leave without ordering on occasion.