“Good food, decent price”

Chi Pan Asian Takeaway Galway
Ranked #304 of 474 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$9 - US$14
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: CHI take-away brings Galway healthy convenience food choices using locally sourced fresh ingredients. Chef Andy Bandara uses the highest-quality local produce to create Asian dishes with impact. His menu reflects his wide culinary experience, offering main courses from Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, China and Vietnam.Open Tuesday- Wednesday, Thursday& Sunday 5-10pmFriday & Saturday 5-11pmClosed Monday
Galway, Ireland
“Good food, decent price”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I love Asian food (especially south-east Asian) so when Chi opened I wanted to check it out soon.

I've used the takeaway frequently over the last 2 years or so, and the food is lovely. These are my comments on the takeaway, not the recently opened restaurant as I haven't tried it.

The food is generally lovely and not too fattening if you choose right. A lot better and more delicately flavoured than the run of the mill fatty Chinese takeaway (though slightly more expensive too). The soups are especially lovely! The quality is consistent.

Just one negative in my view, a lot of the dishes involve prawns/shrimps/calamari which I don't eat (too much cholesterol), I wish there were more dishes I could choose from. Some dishes allow a choice but it would be nice to have this option for more dishes.

Like others are saying, on weekend days the delivery times are long nowadays. I think their popularity is overwhelming them. They're always upfront about it though.

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
“Ridiculous”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

On Saturday night we ordered a take away through a popular delivery service.
We were told that it would be 45-60 minutes. The hour passed and yet no sign of food.
I rang both the delivery service & the restaurant itself who told me that the were fully booked that night (7 tables?) and that the upstairs apartment was leaking water down on them.
If they were too busy to take online orders, why take them?
She asked if I'd wait yet another 30 minutes for the food plus delivery time!
I work nights so this wasnt ever an option as I woudlnt have had time. Very poor customer service not to let us know how late it would have been, wasn't as if it was a difficult dish.
Had friends in the restaurant the same night who also had similar slow order problems.
Won't be back again!

• Visited February 2014
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I ordered a take away from here at 7.15. I was given an estimated delivery time of 20.25. When I rang at 20.35 I was told it would take another half hour because the restaurant was full. Why provide a delivery menu if you cannot cope with having to provide deliveries

Visited February 2014
Galway, Ireland
“Lovely well cooked Thai food”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Got a pad thai take away from here that was very tasty. Also had some of a friend's red curry which was equally good. I will definitely order again. Handy location for pick up too on West side of the city so will suit me well.

Visited November 2013
Puerto Rico
“perfect place t eat late”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

since nothing else was open and they where, me and my friends decided to eat here. True, its take away, you just buy and go to a park and sit down and enjoy your meal. tasty food and express service. I visited June 2010

• Visited June 2013