“Galway Fun”

Ranked #16 of 197 Galway B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Galway Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Mike and Brenda were amazing hosts! My friend and I took a graduation trip in the fall around Europe and Galway was our first stop. We arrived before check in and were able to leave our bags at the house, have some tea, and then go explore Galway before checking in that evening. The location was great! Perfect walking distance from everything in Galway. Our favorite part of staying at the Ardawn House was the breakfast. It was the best breakfast we had on our entire trip. They are great cooks that use fresh ingredients. Our room was on the very top floor so getting our bags up there was a little work out but our room was very clean! The bathroom was good sized and clean as well and our beds were very comfortable. On our last day we were running late for our bus and Brenda drove us to the bus stop! They were both too kind and very helpful whenever we had questions about restaurants or tourist activities. Our one concern before we arrived was that since my friend and I are 22, we might be locked out or discouraged from staying out late in the pubs. This was not the case at all! They gave us suggestions on pubs to visit and since we had our own keys we could come back as late as we wanted. I cannot give this place enough praise! Thank you for a great visit to Galway!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ElizabethTraveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cedar Falls, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I have come to simply expect nearly all B&B's to be cozy, with welcoming hosts, and appetizing breakfasts, but Ardawn House stands out from the others because the hosts there literally went the "extra mile" for us. It was drizzling when it was time for us to leave, and Mike volunteered to drive us to the train station! It was the perfect end to a delightful stay in Galway.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Carrick-on-suir, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is a B&B that I discovered while on a business trip to Galway a number of years ago, and now, I consistently use it as my base whether I am on a business or leisure trip to Galway or the Galway area. Breda and Mike are very obliging hosts and will do their utmost to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The rooms are very comfortable and there is always a cup of tea or a pot of coffee on the go. Combine that with a friendly chat and suddenly it feels like home. It is only a five minute walk to the heart of Galway City, Eyre Square, but still far enough away to afford you a very quite nights sleep. Breakfast certainly sets you up for the day and do try the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, a breakfast fit for a king. This certainly a B&B I really do enjoy staying in and I always look forward to my trips to Galway.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Booked two ensuite rooms for two couples, two nights. Clean, cozy, comfortable rooms (ours had a great view of the rugby game next door), great breakfast and an easy 5 minute walk to town. Breida & Mike were very helpful in getting us all the schedules & info we needed for a day trip to the Aran Islands. They also sent out our laundry, a much needed bonus. We booked directly through Mike by email, the easiest and cheapest way to go.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Last April, following our first day of driving the roads of Ireland from Dublin, Mike and Breda made us feel right at home immediately. I traveled with my 73 year old father-in-law and two brothers-in-law. Once situated, Mike gave us a lovely overview of the town and provided several recommendations which were spot on. The location was perfect as it was quiet but within a short and easy walk to the main square. Our rooms were exactly as advertised and very comfortable. Our highlight was breakfast the following morning. While the meal was excellent, the conversation with Mike was stellar and we enjoyed the extra time he spent with us swapping stories. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We knew this was a highly rated B&B and it lived up to it's reputation. Clean, well-appointed rooms, and good food, yes, but what made it special was the authentic hospitality, whether it was making us comfortable upon arrival, making day trip choices, or helping us out with a flat tire! Location is conveniently close to town but still in easy walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

My boyfriend and I booked a room at Ardawn for a one night stay in Galway in December 2013. While in Dublin, I received word that my mother was critically ill and being taken to emergency surgery back in NYC. I called Delta Airlines, trembling, and was shocked when a compassionate customer service agent booked us on a flight home the next morning for a $23 p/p change fee.

Then my boyfriend called Mike at Ardawn and explained the situation, including the criticalness of my mother's condition, since we would not be able to travel to Galway. Mike told him that unless he was able to sell the room, we would be charged. We had a Sunday night booking, and of course it did not sell, so we were charged. I understand, he is a business person with a cancellation policy, but I was frankly floored that Delta listened to me and overcame these issues, and he could not.

I received an email from him today, 3 months later, thanking me for my 'stay' and asking me for a Trip Advisor review, so here it is. While we did not stay at Ardawn, our experience dealing with them left us pretty cold. We hope to make it back to Ireland soon, to try and redo a trip that was cut short, and Ardawn won't be where we choose to stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple