“Great hotel with very friendly staff”
Review of Park House Hotel

Park House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed here on 26 August with the nipper. Can't fault the staff who were very helpful and didn't mind the wee one getting under their feed! We had asked for a high chair and cot to be provided and both were waiting in our room on checkin. Room was immaculate, spacious and well stocked. Beds are super comfy. I read a couple of reviews about noise but we didn't have any problems in that regard - dead quiet all night (it was a Friday night). We ate in the restaurant and had an excellent meal with good wine. A minor quibble was the quality of the lounge food during the day, which was pretty ordinary fare but not overpriced so I wasn't too upset.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,912)

Reviewed 29 August 2011

Hotel location is excellent, but for €130 a night I'm sure you'll find a better value. The rooms are unusually big for a Hotel in Ireland/Europe. I can see they have renovated the rooms a litle bit but they could still improve some things like the remote control and TV, a plasma TV would be a nice touch.
I have not tried the restaurant yet, but I heard is very good, it has a Michellin Star.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Just back from a three night stay at the Park House Hotel In Galway with my family. Can't say enough good things - the food, the service and the rooms were impeccable. Very family friendly and great location right beside Eyre Square, ideal for sightseeing and shopping. I can't reccommend this hotel highly enough - I'll never stay anywhere else in Galway again! Super friendly staff - they looked after us so well - we can't wait to come back for another break.

1  Thank Jaymo75
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I just got back from a 3 night stay at the Park House Hotel. The location of the hotel is great. It's a two minute walk from the train station, and 5 minute walk from the main thoroughfare of Galway. The staff was great, and we loved ending our day with tea and dessert in their restaurant. My only complaint about this hotel was the rooms. The rooms were a little outdated and small, and I didn't feel like it was the cleanest it could have been. Overall, I was satisfied with the hotel and it met all my needs and expectations.

Reviewed 24 August 2011

This hotel came highly recommended. It did not disappoint, nor did it excel. It was very central, very comfortable and had on-site car parking which was limited in capacity.
Our accommodation was B&B - rooms and beds were great, as expected. Breakfast was more than adequate, but the over-staffed table-service was OTT - plates were removed as if there was a queue for tables, tea and coffee pots were exchanged despite protests that they were actually "fine,” along with your half-finished cuppa which was replaced with a clean cup!!! "Just let me eat in peace!"
An hotel worth considering, if you can get a good deal.

Room Tip: Clean and very adequate
Reviewed 21 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at Park House Hotel in Galway for a few nights on our honeymoon. While the location was excellent, the staff, accommodations, and food, were only mediocre. We were told that we would have a room facing the garden, as it was our very special honeymoon. Instead, we received a room that overlooked an alley in which we heard garbage collectors in the mornings. The room was out-of-date, not entirely clean, and smelled quite musty; the staff was not always friendly to us; the food in the restaurant was not at all appetizing and made us sick afterwards. While ideally located, we would not stay at Park House Hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2011

This is a beautiful hotel. The staff are the best. The service provided is excellent and the food is a must for everyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple