“Very Clean”

Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Galway
West Cork
“Very Clean”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

THe deluxe room is lovely, large, with a marbled entry hall and big bathroom. The staff were grand, quite efficient, but not always super-friendly, with the exception of the breakfast staff, who were very welcoming. In fact, the staff were fine, just not as attentive as I would have expected, although maybe some people would prefer that. I didn't eat in the restaurant, but the breakfast was nice. Some of the decor wouldn't be to my taste, but it's better than some of the super modern hotels which I've stayed in recently, whose decor starts to look dated immediately. Basically, this is the CLEANEST hotel I have ever stayed in...EVER. Every time I walked through the lobby, there was someone unobtrusively polishing skirting boards, side tables or glass doors, and my room and bathroom reached a standard of cleanliness I rarely see in hotels.
Location is excellent, bottled water, etc in bedrooms, and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: deluxe room very good
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Dedicada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We took the train from Dublin and were happy to find that our hotel was just around the corner from the train station. We were very happy with the hotel, breakfast (which was included in our rate) and location. The service was just ok (friendly but not overly helpful). The restaurant in the hotel was good (definitely try their toblerone cheesecake). The beds could also be updated. Overall, we had a good experience and would recommend the Park House.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank monkitime
Province of Leinster, Ireland
Reviewed 26 February 2012

we have just had the perfect weekend in the Park house hotel.Icould write a long review but I wont because all I have to say is EXCELLENT and tha covers the hotel,staff,food and location
They should add another star to the 4 they already have and it would be well deserved..I cant wait to return...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Mayo
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stayed on 23rd Feb. As usual service is fantastic. Food excellent and room excellently furnished and spotless

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Bat Yam, Israel
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Me and my wife stayed there for four nights, the hotel placed in a great location (near the city center and the coach station), the room was clean, and the facilities was clean and well prepared.
The hotel crew was nice and helpful and the Breakfast was great!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My fiancee and I got engaged in the hotel last month. I couldn't have picked a nicer hotel. The staff were brilliant to deal with from the first time I contacted the hotel. They did everything possible to make our stay extra special. We had dinner in the hotel on the Friday night which was delicious. The service in the restaurant was excellent - a special word of thanks must go to Gosia who was looking after us on the night. The breakfast was top notch - I love the fact that you can order the food and it's fresh from the kitchen. It definitely set us up for the day. The hotel is within throwing distance to Eyre Square and Shop St. All in all I think this hotel has everything you need for an enjoyable stay in Galway.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan R
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in Feb 2012. It was a very comfortable centrally located hotel. I wouldnt describe it as luxurious, it's more old fashioned but was very happy with the stay.

The location is perfect. It is in between the train station, Eyre Square and the Coach Station. Each of these are less than 2 mins walk and the other tourist areas are 5 mins or so on the other side of Eyre Square.

Galway was great fun, lots of different pubs and restaurants. I can recommend the Galway Tour Company an I also took the 45 Euro (return) 7 minute flight to the Aran Islands which if you like flying might be worth considering. I loved it.

Overall I highly recommend the hotel and Galway.

• Stayed February 2012