“Great Hotel with Style”
Review of Park House Hotel

Park House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Wonderful charming town centre hotel which has retained its character.

The staff are full of a warm Irish welcome from the moment you check in.

The reception curves round with plenty of sofas and tables to sit with friends.

The rooms are clean and have all the facilities you need.

Car parking is available

Breakfast is cooked to order with plenty of staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,912)

Reviewed 9 January 2014

For my girlfriends birthday she wanted a weekend getaway. We hadn't been to Galway yet as a couple, so I began looking for hotels in Galway. Tripadvisor has served me well over the years, and seeing the Park House as the top ranked I figured I'd give it a shot. Initially though I was a little sceptical of my choice, because we're a late 20's couple and normally stay in modern hotels and the Park House looked a little too old worldly from its website. That said, we were going to Galway for the city, not in particular the hotel, so I stuck with the Park House.

Well I can only say great things about the Park House. From the free valet, to the warm welcome and the large rooms, the Park House is a hotel I'll be recommending to anyone who stays in Galway. I had booked a standard room, but when we get in the door I was nearly sure it was upgraded to a suite. Either that or rooms are some of the biggest in Ireland.

By chance we had friends staying in the G Hotel down the road, and they were not as impressed with their hotel as we were. Its been said in other reviews, but its the service that sets the Park House apart. That and the location! Keep up the good work Park House & Staff!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

We went here for the gala dinner New Year's Eve. It was terrific. Meal was lovely and great choices. Crackers on the table. Tickets for spot prizes. There were drive of us and we all had a terrific night and said pg we will be there next year. Music and dancing very enjoyable. Plenty if spot prizes. We won four at our table. This was our first time here for New Year's Eve and I would highly recommend it. Unfortunately they were booked out to stay and we stayed in the Connacht. The park house hotel always give a lovely meal whether its during the day of at night. Any time we go to Galway we eat here. Well done to all the staff on New Year's Eve. They took part in the dancing to get the crowd up. Very friendly and good humoured staff and very helpful. Full marks to you all. Look forward to going there next time in Galway.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We arrived in Galway in the evening without a reservation and the Park was the first hotel I tried. I probably should have kept looking. I was told they only had a suite for 159 euros/night. The room had a double and two singles, which was not the optimal configuration for just my wife and I. To make matters worse, the room was jammed with a great deal of old, not very useful furnishings, such as two separate writing desks that together would accommodate three people writing at the same time. We did no writing while in the room, but spent some time trying to find space for our luggage. The hotel is a very old establishment and in its day, it was probably excellent. The public spaces are somewhat elegant and nice, but our room was very old and tired and due for refurbishing. The dining room in which breakfast was served was very spacious and nice and the breakfast itself was excellent. All in all, the Park provided a comfortable place to sleep, but the ambiance was lacking and it did not represent a good value. I suspect that are better hotel options in Galway.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AkrontravelerAkron
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Have just returned from my first visit to The Park Hotel in Galway; am I sorry I didn't discover this gem sooner! Everything about this hotel is first class: on arrival I was offered tea/coffee / & cake; what a welcome after a long drive. My room was beautiful, warm & spotlessly clean. Each & every member of staff were so welcoming & friendly. The food was the best I have had in years; , beautifully cooked & presented on really hot plates. The menu was extensive , catering for even the most discerning customer! The whole atmosphere in the hotel was homely & such a lovely change from the usual impersonal one found in so many establishments. I will definitely return!

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank DublinDiane
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night in a suite with our two children. The room was lovely and clean however did 'store' a lot of unnecessary furniture, ie multiple chest of drawers from different collections and eras, an office desk right in front of the radiator and a writing desk in front of a full length mirror. It seemed odd, perhaps they had nowhere else to store the spare pieces! Despite the very strange decor it was very clean and lovely and warm. The restaurant was lovely and the staff went out of their way to make us comfortable and interact with the children. They really do deserve a special mention for their attention to detail and friendly service. Overall i would recomment this hotel as a great place to stay on a shopping trip to Galway

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Trip advisor, I trust you! Great location and a good restaurant. Slight preference in terms of decor however it might just be me, somewhat dated and the beds aren't great nor the pillows. I do however believe that a person makes a difference, good or bad. Please take Martin off the floor, he doesn't want to be there and so you should take him off. My opinion however we spent about 600 Euro at the hotel during our meals for two days and he made us feel unwelcome. This is my opinion however I feel that you, as a hotel should pay very special attention to your people. Sam also was somewhat aloof.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends