“What an amazing stay! This hotel should be 5-star!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Park House Hotel

Park House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Cannonvale, Australia
“What an amazing stay! This hotel should be 5-star!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in Park House Hotel in January 2014. Our only regret was that we couldn't stay for longer. I am a frequent traveller and I can safely say that this is the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. It is impossible to find a fault! On the first night of our stay, we ate in the Park Restaurant. The à la carte menu is incredible. My husband is quite a fussy eater but had so much choice with this menu. The food was so good that we ate there every night and each day was better than the last!! The rooms are beautiful. The bed was so comfortable. The bathroom was very spacious with a nice, large tub and powerful shower-A rare find in most hotels!! The hotel's location is perfect. It's located at the bottom of Eyre Square and only two minutes walk from the shops and bars. The concierge added to the wonderful experience. She helped us to arrange tours and was very knowledgeable about what was going on in Galway during our stay. In fact, all staff members were exceptional. It's obvious that staff relations are excellent in this hotel and that the customer's satisfaction is key. Thank you Park House. I'm already planning my return!

• Stayed January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Korean first
Charleville, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband and i are just back from the park house hotel after spending the weekend there for my husbands birthday, we had such a lovely relaxing time made all the more special because of the staff, service and glorious food. plus a beautiful birthday desert with a candle on it!! we look forward to returning in the near future and recommending it to our friends, thanks again Park house...

Room Tip: Deluxe room fab
1 Thank Kathleen N
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

The other half and I just spent the weekend in this hotel and I honestly cannot fault it. The staff were all very accommodating and extremely friendly. We ate dinner in the hotel on the second night and the service was wonderful (we had a waitress named Bernie who was just delightful) The food was spectacular (I would seriously recommend the Toblerone Cheesecake for dessert!) We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are better than Superior rooms
Leitrim, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

For my mother's birthday, we decided to dine out in the Park House Hotel for lunch. As I also work in a four star hotel, I enjoy visiting other hotels to see differences in service and different aspects of the hotel itself. When we got to the hotel, a young man in a suit met us, I didn't catch his name and seated us and was so pleasant and helpful, even taking our shopping bags while we dined and laughed along with my father's poor jokes. He picked up on the fact that it was my mother's birthday straight away, and without any of us noticing he had got my mother's name from my sister. When we were seated, we were served by a lovely woman named Caroline, who couldn't have been more helpful. We got talking to a few ladies who were walking around ensuring everything was to our satisfaction, which made us feel more comfortable during the meal. Then all the staff came to our table with dessert for mam's birthday, singing happy birthday to her which made the experience 10/10. So impressed with the service, attention to detail and professionalism of everyone in the hotel, also need to comment on the price of the meals, couldn't believe how cheap they were for the size and quality. Must comment again about the host and the waitress, so friendly and helpful. We will definitely be visiting this hotel a lot more in the future, well done :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen_McGirl91
Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

We had a fabulous night away in the Park House Hotel. We were upgraded and spent a very comfortable evening and Sunday morning lounging in bathrobes and even had room service breakfast. Staff were great, so helpful and attentive. Felt like all stress was left with the car keys on arrival!

Room Tip: All rooms fine - no noise issues.
Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

We had booked into a different hotel in Galway which didn't work out for us so this was a last minute decison based on the rating on TripAdvisor. The girl on reception was very friendly and helpful. Not knowing which room was better - Superior or Deluxe - we booked a superior room. The room wasn't bad but had a lot of excess furniture which just took up space in the room. I went online while in the room and realised that the Deluxe was a better room. There were no facilities in this hotel so we wanted a nice room as we were staying for 3 nights. We enquired about a Deluxe room, they had none but they gave us a Junior Suite at the same price. We had breakfast on the 1st morning - it was ok but we found the tables to be very close together and very small for two people. We did not come down for breakfast for the rest of our stay. We had booked dinner on the Sunday nite - the restaurant in the hotel had been recommended to us. We arrived down at 8pm and were done and dusted by 9pm amazing speed eating dinner!!!! Not really what we were looking for....we were not sure whether the staff were looking to finish up early or whether this was the norm. The tables again (we were at a 2 person table) were too close together and too small - you just couldn't relax due to that and the fact that the food came so fast. When we finished our mains we asked for a few minutes to finish our wine before we ordered coffee and desert, when we called the waitress to order we told her we wanted to take it outside in the comfort of the lobby....she said she would have to go and ask!!! We weren't leaving the hotel just leaving the uncomfortable restaurant. Anyway we went to the lobby and desert and coffees followed shortly afterwards. The food was good but all of the other things took away from it and the whole experience was not enjoyable. The hotel was ok, not great but ok - location was very good. I'm not sure if I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in a junior suite on the fourth floor not much of a view but a very quiet floor.
4 Thank GreeceQBee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

After having read all the great reviews here, I was expecting a great hotel experience. Unfortunately it was severely lacking.

I arrived by car and was expecting valet parking as advertised. With no valet visible I parked myself in the tiny provided space. After I parked, the valet appeared but ignored me.

Check-in was fine but the receptionist was doing some paperwork so I had to wait for a minute or two while she finished that up.
The room was disappointing. The window faced internally onto a grotty parking lot. I was given a room with a disabled bathroom for some reason; I'm not disabled. The room was awkwardly shaped and small. The mattress was thin and well-worn. The TV was an ancient CRT.

If I wasn't just looking for a place to sleep for the night and was looking for a great hotel experience, I would have been even more disappointed. For an alleged 4 star hotel and for the price I paid, I found it severely lacking.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo