“Horrible place”

GBC Restaurant & Coffeeshop
Ranked #347 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
“Horrible place”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This place was absolutely horrible due to the staff. I recently organised a hen party that was excellent with no hitches apart from this place. They were unfriendly, rude, threw the cutlery at us, the menus, were abrupt. It was prepaid for and they treated us like absolute dirt! I would have walked out only for I couldn't ask the party to pay for a 3 course meal again. I would never recommend this place to anyone because of the staff alone and the treatment that we got. It was supposed to be a time for all of the sentimentals to come out for the hen party and it was ruined. They completely rushed us, in for 6.45 and out by 8 - keeping in mind starter, main and dessert and tea & coffee (that was never offered to us!) 17 people!!!!!?? they threw the bill at us before even asking did we want it. They were rude from the moment I stepped in the door, I felt very unwelcome and could not understand why I was being treated this way. Absolutely do not go to this place.

Visited April 2014
9 Thank Julie F

• Polish first
mullingar
“Perfect for a quick cuppa”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Very busy city centre café and restaurant . Downstairs has carvery plus sandwiches and drinks . Upstairs restaurant serves good value lunches , no frills just plain food at good prices .

Visited April 2014
Princeton, New Jersey
“Love the GBC”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Visit GBC every time I visit Ireland with my mother, who was from Ireland and we both loved it! Have some of the chips (fries)!

Visited January 2014
Donegal Town, Ireland
“Don't waste your money.....”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I went to this coffee shop with my family last week and found the service very poor and the staff extremely unhelpful. The servers hastily took my order and messily "slopped" it onto my plate which didn't seem too appetizing! I continued onto the checkout and was ignored by the cashier for quite a while. Finally I got his attention and payed for my lunch (which to me seemed over-priced). When I sat down and poured the milk from the milk jug which was on the table into my coffee it was clear to see the milk was either sour or left out too long. I brought it to the managers attention who made little of the fact that the milk was sour... I was left to the side while he served the other customers. He seemed uninterested in what I had to say which annoyed me... Overall I would certainly NOT recommend this coffee shop which is disappointing as it is in the heart of Galway City. I would recommend Lynches Cafe on shop street the staff are friendly and helpful I would suggest you to try their lemon scones!! (they are heavenly!!) They also serve a wide range of delicious, gluten-free baked goods!

• Visited February 2014
6 Thank Laura R
Galway, Ireland
“Hand hygiene ”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Visited GBC on Wednesday 19th for cup of tea while waiting for appointment in town, ordered my tea from the lady standing at the till, she was dressed in white so obviously she was also serving food, she was wearing a pair of gloves, she answered the phone, took money, served food, cleaned tables, touched her face at least 5 time, tucked her hair under her hair net, while not once changing her gloves or washing her hand, thank god I didn't eat there, disgusting!

7 Thank Kelford10