“Little gem”

Ranked #56 of 197 Galway B&B and Inns
Cairns Region, Australia
“Little gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

After driving round Galway on a Friday night we stumbled upon this little gem. The owner was very accommodating and the view from our room was amazing. The sun was pouring in and it was all cosy! The bedding and bed were very comfortable. The gazebo/sun lounge is a great place to chill and relax. The breakfast was great and a huge selection of goodies to suit even the most fussy eaters!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aquaox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cavan, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

A very nice lady runs this establishment but that does not compensate for the crummy room we got having booked through Booking.com. My photographs show the horrible shoe box room complete with hole in sheets, disgusting bedside furniture and, a first for us, a live spider on my wife's pillow. The ensuite was devoid of shelving thus our toiletbag had to go on the floor. There was no shelf to put your toothbrush or razor on, nowhere for hair brush or spray. To top it off the television was located so high up on the wall that it was impossible to watch unless sitting bolt upright on the bed; so we lost out on that too. The tea making facility was poor, no fresh water provided, so we had to do without the tea. This room with b&b for one night was costing one hundred euro, so I am mad as hell about it. The breakfast was meager and not up to Galway's fine standards. My wife had scrambled eggs and she was happy with that. I was having the full Irish and asked for beans on the side, but the stupid things were poured over the whole plate covering the eggs, bacon and sausage in beans-mess. This is the worst of bed and breakfast I have had in many the long year and boy have I been in some kips!

Room Tip: Avoid Number 4; ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pears S
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our accommodations were very clean and efficiently laid out. Breakfast was personalized and very good. While we didn't have a water-facing room, they overlook Galway bay. This B&B was one of the more expensive we stayed in during our Ireland vacation, but had a very good location and was very nice. Both Google Maps and our GPS had a little trouble displaying it. There are several B&B's next to each other in this neighborhood, and, for whatever reason, Rusheen Bay wasn't shown until a couple degrees of zooming in. Even so, once there, it's easy to find, well set back from the main road, and has an easy to negotiate parking area. Access to 'downtown' is only a couple miles in a straight shot.

Room Tip: The 'front' rooms have Galway Bay views.
Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve T
West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Oh our stay here was absolutely amazing. We were greeted by the lovely hostess and shown our rooms. They were clean and overlooked Galway Bay salt hill. We were a stones throw away from connemara and I got to feed wild ponies a few treats! Excellent breakfast and excellent service! I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed May 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed here on my visit of the west coast of Galway, before heading out to Clifden and Conemara. It was a great place to base myself, clean, and just what I needed.

I travelled alone so only needed a clean single room. Inside, the room overlooked a beautiful bay, had a super comfortable bed and all the trimmings I needed. It was basic but lacked nothing that I wanted.

The owners were fine with a late check-in, which was handy as it's hard on a road trip to be at a specific place at a specific time. Breakfast in this BnB was fantastic. They had a hot breakfast, cereals, breads, teas, coffees, - really delicious and fresh. Also had gluten free stuff which whilst I dont really care, would surely mean alot for those that do!

Location wise is perfect but the only niggle is you do need a car as it's not smack bang in the centre of Galway, but as long as you know this, then this is nothing to worry about.

Thanks to Rusheen Bay house for a pleasureable stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tazzy_the_tourist
Dingle, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

When booking I advised that my wife has mobility issues (cannot get up stairs) and on arrival out host, Anne, immediately informed us that she had reserved a downstairs room for us. It was compact but very well furnished in classical style and spotlessly clean, as was our bathroom and the rest of the B&B.

Breakfast, included in the tariff, was a large buffet of cereals, fruit, breads, yogurts, juices, etc plus hot freshly cooked options and excellent coffee. I loved my full Irish breakfast and my wife had vegetarian stuff. This was served on fully laid tables in a beautiful conservatory - quite an nice way to start the day.

Owner, Anne, was always very friendly, bright and cheerful, quite knowledgable about her area and helpful about things to see.

We fully recommend Rasheen Bay House to fellow travelers.

Room Tip: Upstairs for views, downstairs if mobility issues.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Graeme C
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed here for only one night on 2-3 May 24, 2014. The owner was very friendly and had true sense of hospitality. Good choices of breakfast. Room and amenities were avarage but cozy.There were microwave, fridge and nice balcony for everyone to enjoy. I didn't use them but i thought it was good extra facilities.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple