“Very modern with class and style. Great rooms, good spa. Pitty it's so expensive.”

the g Hotel & Spa Galway
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We get almost the exact same hotel in Wexford for 50% less at least and the spa there is twice as big. You will need a car or a taxi to get to it and it's very easy to miss, understated I suppose is what they where going for. Having said all that it is a very nice hotel and probably the best in Galway but boy do they know it.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We stayed in the hotel in July 2012, myself, my husband and two kids. The decor is lovely as is the rooms, food and bar service. We had a relaxing stay and I believe in the best hotel in the city. The foyer has three lovely themed areas to relax, have a snack or a drink and this is one of the key features of the hotel. There is no swimming pool however this did not really put us off. The front desk staff were very helpful and made us feel very welcome. Rooms were clean and well maintained. En suites were clean, spacious and modern.

There were two minor problems, one the location (2km outside main centre) and the service in the resturaunt. We had a meal which was beautifully prepared and tasted delicious, but the service was just a bit below standard. (Plates left on tables, wine not topped up).

The spa was beautiful although I felt a little shortchanged with the timings of my treatments, they were shorter than advertised in the brochure.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Teresa L
Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I recently stayed in the excellent g hotel in Galway. Although it was only a one night stay it has recharged my batteries for the next 12 months. Staff, room, food -everything was top class. Cannot recommend this hotel enough. The room ws air conditioned and the quality of the sleep was surperb. First time every I did not hear a peep from the corridors. It felt like we had the whole hotel to ourself. Not usually a big eater in the morning but the breakfast - OMG never knew breakfast could taste that good. Hope any person who stays in the g has the same wonderful stay as I did.

Room Tip: When I return again I will book a delux room for sure. Lovely view
1 Thank Ann R
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Some of the other reviews are correct about this hotel. It is definitely quite posh and a tad out there, but if you have a slightly open mind you will fall in love immediately. I have no idea what the other complaints about the breakfast were because we thought it was delicious. The rooms are extremely quiet and cozy along with the beds. It is centrally located in the city so it doesn't make it hard to get around to spots in the city. The service was top notch and they were extremely courteous. I hope we can go back and visit again. Almost forgot to mention the shower! Wow, it got very hot and had a very high pressure that it felt like someone was massaging you. That's all we have to say. We had the room upgraded 1 above the standard and would definitely say its worth the money. We did some heavy research trying to find the best hotel in Galway and based on seeing some of the options once we got there we were really pleased with our decision to choose the G. Highly highly recommend you stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed 31 August 2012

This is our second time to stay here and we were equally impressed on this occasion. The hotel is beautiful, everywhere is spotless, the bedrooms are really bright and wonderfully comfortable. It is a 20 minute walk to cith centre which we enjoyed, expect to pay 8-9 euro for a taxi. Our only gripe was the breakfast, the tea on both mornings was warm at best, and although we asked for relacements it was no better, it seems the water had just not reached boiling point.The choice of cereal, juices etc was impressive, the cooked Irish breakfast also could do with a little work as it dosen't seemed to be made to order, which it was the last time we stayed here. The staff are friendly, professional and very attentive. No problem to reccommend this hotel to anyone.

1 Thank cbt.ie
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed here at the end of August and could not fault our stay at all, the hotel is clean, the staff are attentive and our room was amazing. On the first night we ate in the restaurant, my only negative comment was that I had hoped they would have reserved us a better table given it was our wedding anniversary. Other than that, the food was excellent and the service second to none. The next morning we ordered breakfast in bed, we got everything we asked for and at the time we requested. My wife used the SPA on this day also and said it was fantastic, my only gripe would be that we went for a drink in the bar that night before we headed into the city and we didn’t like the way they make you sit down and wait for service, I would have preferred to just go to the bar and get my drinks as we waited so long for service. We stopped in the bar again on our way home and again it took ages to get served, if it hadn’t taken so long we would have stopped for more as it was nice and relaxing. So if I could make one recommendation about the hotel it would simply be create a bar area where you can just walk up and order a drink because if I walk into a bar I obviously want a drink then, not 20 minutes later.

1 Thank terryh11
Cirimido, Lombardia, Italy
Reviewed 29 August 2012

This is a very modern hotel...one can say 2 things...or you like or you dont. The interior decoration is beautiful, but this is a personal opinion as the "colors" are a bit shocking, but absolutely not kitch, everything seems to blend together perfectly! Breakfast is really wonderful, staff specially at the reception is very helpful and go out of their way to help. Rooms are beautifully, very clean, bathroom is something I would "copy" in my own house if I had the space! We spent 4 nights in a Junior Suite overlooking the sea. Really a treat and something to look for after a days trotting around. We didnt have the time to go to the SPA unfortunately but Im sure it was up to the standard of the rest of the hotel. Drinks are a bit "over priced" but a bar menu that has just about anything you wish! Car park is done either by a valet for a very small fee, or there is a huge parking place behind the hotel.Location: its not in the city, about a 15 minute walk, but thats ok too, at least for us. All in all a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Junior suites are gorgeous with sea view.
2 Thank IMLeonTerzi