3,049 results
All reviews cupcakes thermal suite philip treacy luxury room cup cakes retail park pink room on arrival double shower turn down service eggs benedict amazing hotel lounge area top class public areas from start to finish car park
Reviewed 27 April 2008

My wife and I recently stayed in the hotel on a Saturday night in April. We had received a gift of a one night stay including afternoon tea so we were taking advantage of it.
The staff were very friendly and plentiful and even showed us to our room.
The room was great, we had upgraded to a suite, which was fantastic. Unfortunately the view outside the window onto a retail park doesn't enhance the experience, particularly considering that there are so many scenic places in Galway that they could have located the hotel.
Afternoon tea was very tasty and the experience was enhanced by the sight of lots of beautiful young ladies swanning about in their finery.
My one major quibble with the hotel was the quality of the beer in one of the bars. I ordered two pints of Carlsberg for myself and my brother-in law as we were waiting on our better halves to put on their warpaint. The barman diappeared in the back and about 1 minute later he returned with two flat, warmish pints. At €5.50 a throw they are "probably" the worst value pints in the city.

Having said that thebreakfast was excellent and the staff were happy to tend to our requests for more toast etc. even after 11am.
All in all nice hotel, great staff, poor location and woeful draught beer.

Date of stay: April 2008
1  Thank sharryado99
Reviewed 14 April 2008

I picked this hotel because I wanted somewhere special and different to take my wife for the weekend. I stay in 5 star hotels while travelling with work but my wife would not normally have that opportunity. This hotel lives up to the somewhere different and special tag. The service was great from the moment we arrived on a very wet Friday evening we were met at our car by the doormen with umbrellas. After we checked in we were shown around the hotel and then to our room , our bags were already waiting for us , I’ve had this done in other hotels but there is normally a bell boy there with his hand out for a tip but not here.
You will get cheaper hotels that give a great service and probably as good a service but this place is special and defiantly has the wow factor. My wife hasn’t stopped taking about it since we got home. Oh and the cocktails are very good.

Date of stay: April 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2008

I stayed in the G with my sister in law recently.We booked a one night package which included bed and breakfast and one evening meal.As it was mid week it was quite reasonably priced.On arrival we were greeted at the door by a friendly doorman who promptly whisked away our cases which was lovely.The check in was smooth and efficient.
Our room was on the first floor directly oppposite the entrance to the Spa.It was a bright spacious room,but the view over the car park was horrible.We were not at all impressed with the bathroom either.Very cramped.No space for cosmetics (only a small shelf) and the bath was really dark as there was no light in the ceiling above it.Our shower also sprayed water out the back,reducing the pressure.
Our time in the spa was extremely disappointing.We had both booked massages after using the famed "thermal suites".These consisted of an over-sized jacuzzi,sauna and steam room.The "tropical showers" didn't work.Most gyms have these facilities nowadays.It didn't feel like a spa in a 5 star hotel.The swans hanging from the roof were pretty cool though!
Both of us agreed that our massages were extremely lacklustre.I paid 100 for a "55 minute" massage which turned out to be a 35 minute massage and being left for a 20 minute nap!My sister in law paid a whopping €150 for her massage and it sounded very similar to my own.
Dinner was good.As it was included in the price we had a limited menu but were offered the full one if we paid the extra.Although nice,again,it just didn't feel like 5 star standard food.The service was friendly and efficient at all times.The after dinner cocktails in the beautifully designed lounge,were to die for,if pricey at €14-€15 a pop!
Breakfast was served to us in bed the following morning and this made up for all ills!Beautifully presented and plenty of everything.I'm always reluctant to order brekkie in bed in hotels as sometimes you get very little but this was huge and we only paid €8 extra for it!
Overall,service was great,the design of the hotel was amazing but I think the spa ruined it for us.That said,I would return.For the bedside lamps alone!!

Date of stay: March 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DublinNovia
Reviewed 2 April 2008

This is a hotel thats truly stylish and the in place to be in one of the most beautiful parts of Ireland.
The rooms are huge with trappings to go with it.
The ensuite was exceptionally large with a double shower and the biggest bath I ever " snoozed" in.
The colours of the lobby areas are black and sleek .
Mind you once you venture to the "Linda Evangelista " lounge you might need to wear your sunglasses.
The room is all sliver , but nothing prepares you for the adjoing room which is cerise pink!
What did I not like about the G...............well it was the location.
The G is in a retail park off a roundabout .
The property has truly five star notions however the adjoing stores would not be your local Harvey Nicholls so to speak.
The staff were also a little pretensious and snooty and seem to forget who their neighbours really are!!!!!!!!!!.
Transport this hotel elsewhere and they have a gem.........if you can avoid the outside temptations of bargain city and others you should enjoy the city of the tribes

Date of stay: May 2007
1  Thank robertwalshe
Reviewed 1 April 2008

Stayed at this hotel for a two night stay.The staff were all first class ,attentive without overpowering us.
The decor is first class and gives you the feeling of something different,
Rooms are extremely quiet and comfortable.However lack of coffee /tea maker was not appreciated.To like to be able to have a cup at our own conveniece rather than the hassle of room service etc. is much more preferable.
The breakfast was extensive but some of the tables are small and make for a crowded meal .

Date of stay: March 2008