“Fantastic stay”

the g Hotel & Spa Galway
Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We had a fantastic stay at The g Hotel in Galway. From the moment we walked into the foyer we felt totally welcome and completely at home. The staff were genuinely super friendly and were more than happy to help you in any way they could, but they weren't at all pushy or over-attentive. The hotel itself is wonderfully furbished and always looks spotless. The rooms were well maintained, never too hot or cold (the heating system was very easy to use) and the bathrooms were very nice.
There are many different options on all the menus - I only ate breakfast at the hotel as ate out at other meal times but everything I tried was delicious.
The spa is wonderful and offers a lot of treatments, or just some chill out time if you want to use the various jets and bubble type pool.
The hotel is also nicely located to the centre of Galway - you can easily walk or get a taxi to/from the hotel. Definitely the place to stay in Galway - highly recommended!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
The g Hotel G, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,
We were delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay with us in the g. It was lovely to read that you felt completely at home and that our team were friendly and assisted you whenever possible. Our Philip Treacy designed hotel is very special to us all and we were so pleased to see how much you enjoyed the unique decor of our bedrooms and Signature Lounges. Our Thermal Suite in ESPA at the g is a hidden treasure and it was nice to see that you made time to use this facility. We have recently added four new menu offerings in our Restaurant so we hope that we can welcome you back soon to sample these for yourself.
Thank you once again for such fantastic feedback. We really do appreciate this.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband and i stay here for one night UNFORTUNATELY...
from check in to check out staff were amazing and extremely welcoming ,not to pushy...
The room was amazing ,double showers freestanding bath,double sinks ,flat screen with speakers in bathroom ,a massive king size bed.
when we eventually tore ourselves away from the amazing room we had dinner in the Gi Gi restaurant, a great selection on Scrumptious food and not expensive ,and as for the service in the restaurant, excellent..we ordered breakfast in bed and this was the deal breaker for me ,at 11:30, as requested ,breakfast was rolled into our room on a hostess trolly everything than should have been hot ,was hot .. I've stayed in a lot of hotels, some 5 star and this one is worthy of every star.
so much so i just booked 2 nights in September for my birthday .I'm already looking forward to it

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at the g. It was lovely to read how well our team looked after you during your time with us. We have shared your fantastic comments about our amazing Suites with their double showers, freestanding baths and tiled televisions with all. Our Food and Beverage team were delighted to read how much you enjoyed the level of service they provide as well as our creative menu offerings.
We look forward to welcoming you back in September to celebrate your birthday with us. Thank you once again for such a fantastic review.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Fabulous stay, one of the few hotels I have stayed in that gives you almost complete silence in the room. Not slept that well for a while. Staff courteous and efficient, food and room service exemplorary. Will be back

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
The g Hotel G, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest,
We were so pleased to read that you had such an excellent stay at the g. It was lovely to read how well you slept whilst you were with us. Our team were delighted to be considered courteous and efficient and we have shared your lovely feedback about our menu offerings and level of service provided with all.
We hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the g again soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Checked out of hotel this morning after a spa package, at 3 on my way home I discovered I had left something behind in the room, I called the hotel and was told by reception that the info would be passed to housekeeping and they would call me back, 2 hours later, I had received no call , so I rang back and was again told by reception that if housekeeping find the item they would call me, when I pointed out that the room had be cleaned by now and my item must have been found, I was advised that this was up to housekeeping and I would have to wait for housekeeping to call me. I have still not heard from anyone. The hotel claims it's 5 star but this is certainly not 5 star service. Reception should have checked if my item was found and called me straight back , especially after my second call, the man on reception was really unhelpful and was quite rude. We paid the hotel 450 euro this morning , and expect so much more, the night away was a special treat and I had happy memories of my stay, but now I am just fuming and will tell everyone not to stay at the G.

• Stayed: April 2014
7  Thank Clonkeen

Dear Guest,
It was greatly upsetting for us all to read the review you posted on Trip Advisor. It was lovely to read that you had an enjoyable stay and had happy memories of your night. We apologise for the delay in getting the item you left behind returned to you.
Our Housekeeping department look after all guest belongings that are left behind. We store these items in a separate safe for their safe keeping. We would be grateful if you would contact our Front of House Manager, Niall Kelly, directly on nkelly@theg.ie or call 091 865200 to ensure that your issue is resolved. We have an internal process in place to ensure that items left behind are logged and taken care of which makes it very upsetting that you will advise people not to stay with us. We take enormous pride in the level of service we provide.
We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed in the G hotel and were welcomed with open arms by David the manager and his lovely staff. The staff could not do more for you, but in a nice way, not over pushy. The room was amazing , we didn't want to leave & the dinner and breakfast were superb. There was a lovely variety on the menu for us both.I just hope I get another occasion soon to drop down again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at the g. We have shared your lovely feedback with our entire team, especially David. We too hope that you will stay with us again soon.
Thank you once again. We greatly appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Recently dined in the Hotels restaurant and it was absolutely fantastic. We were made feel so welcome from the moment we arrived. Our server Stephen was so helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. The service was top class and I will definitely return again soon.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
The g Hotel G, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Guest,
We were so pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable experience in Restaurant Gigi’s. Our team were delighted to be mentioned in your review, especially Stephen. We have shared your lovely comments about the level of service you received with all. We hope that we can welcome you back to us again soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights for our 10 year anniversary in 2013. Hotel was beautiful, located a little outside the city with good parking around the back underground. Staff were very friendly and helpfull at all times. The breakfast were great, a fantastic selection with Kilbeggan porrige on the menu (My fav). The only downside was that the hotel decor was a little tired, some of the furnishings in both the rooms and dining room looked old and grubby. I would imagine a few years ago the standard was outstanding however prehaps its time for a little TLC.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate your anniversary in 2013. It was lovely to read that you found the hotel to be beautiful and you found our team to be friendly and helpful. Our breakfast offering receives constant praise and we were pleased you enjoyed this.
We were disappointed to read that you were not entirely impressed with the upkeep of the hotel. We have a rolling maintenance programme in place and last year we invested heavily in our ballroom. This year we will continue to invest in our Signature Lounges.
We hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the g so you can see our improvements first hand.