the g Hotel & Spa Galway
Nox Hotel(Galway)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
2,834 results
All reviewscupcakesthermal suitephilip treacyretail parkcup cakespink roomluxury roomon arrivaldouble showerturn down serviceeggs benedictamazing hotellounge areatop classpublic areasfrom start to finishcar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The interior of the G was fantastic & I loved walking through the different rooms. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The staff at the desk were welcoming and couldn't have been more helpful & the breakfast was delicious and varied.

I feel like I might be nit picking a bit but we had asked for champagne in our room when we booked that day as we had just got engaged. The outside of the bucket the champagne was in was filthy and there were wine glasses instead of champagne glasses with it. This was not a massive issue obviously, but didn't feel it was five star attention to detail either!

What did bother me was that we arrived late in the evening and wanted to eat in the city before restaurants started serving so we ordered a taxi with reception, had a quick sip of champagne & packed the bottle back with ice & covered it for when we got back. When we did return, the bottle was out on the table and had maybe two inches left at the bottom. I had left an ipad and my wallet in the room & these were untouched so found this pretty bizarre, and needless to say, dead bolted the door before going to sleep!

Overall we had a nice experience, but for the price paid I just would have expected a little more and was a bit unsettled by our thirsty visitor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
The g Hotel G, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,
We were so pleased to read how much you enjoyed the unique decor and design of the hotel. Our team were delighted to have been considered helpful and welcoming.
Please accept our sincere apologies that the wrong type of glasses were delivered with your Champagne and that the ice bucket was not up to the normal standard of the hotel. We will be sharing your feedback with our Food & Beverage Manager, David, for him to look into further.
In relation to the Champagne being moved. We provide a turndown service every evening between 6pm and 10pm. Our Accommodation team may have moved the Champagne to facilitate cleaning but we can assure you that nothing would have been consumed by any member of our team.
Thank you for your feedback. We hope that we can welcome you back again soon to experience the true meaning of a stay at the g.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights midweek with my husband. Hotel was quiet enough being midweek but this didn't bother us. We didn't eat dinner in the hotel, preferring to sample some of the many eateries in the city. The room was lovely, we stayed in a superior king room and had separate bath and shower I. The bathroom and a very large bed. The bed and linen were so comfortable, and the large pillows were a wonderful addition. The room was large and spacious with a great air con unit and a view of the bay across the road. I believe some rooms look out on the industrial centre behind the hotel (there is a cinema, Woodies, Homestore and more and a Rockin Joes etc behind the hotel) which the hotel shares parking with.parking is free and doesn't require validation. I used the gym during my stay. It is quite small and has 2 cross trainers, a couple of treadmills, a bike, one rack of weights up to 10kg and one bench and a seated leg curl and leg extension machine, and a chest press and lat pull down machine. The lounges are lovely to sit in with waiter service for drinks and food and the breakfast was delicious both mornings served in the restaurant. I particularly liked that my poached eggs were cooked to perfection both mornings and we were made to feel very welcome and at home and asked if we wanted to order anything else off the menu. The staff and decor or this hotel do warrant 5 star rating in my eyes. The only let down was that there was no pool and you had to pay a surplus to use the thermal suite in the spa which I found very strange as this is usually complimentary. It was a good 20 minute walk into the city so we drive in but parking for the day was almost 20 euro so that's something to bear in mind. All in all a lovely enjoyable stay, and we would return if in Galway again.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing some feedback from your recent stay at the g on TripAdvisor. Our bedrooms and bathrooms receive constant praise and we were so pleased that you enjoyed the room you were allocated. Our standard bedrooms do not boast the stunning views that your room benefited from.
Our breakfast team were so pleased to read that your breakfast was cooked to perfection and that you found time to enjoy our Signature Lounges. Our thermal suite does command a supplement of €10 per person per visit. The number of guests in this facility is kept to a minimum to ensure an atmosphere of privacy and relaxation. The hotel is a five minute drive to the city centre but we do provide complimentary parking at the hotel as you pointed out.
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and we hope that you will stay with us the next time you are visiting Galway.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a night in June for my birthday. This was our first time staying but we are familiar with the hotel as we live in Galway! We were upgraded to a luxury room which was beautiful, spacious, bright and had all the facilities you could wish for in a top class hotel. The bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in! The bathroom was large with a free-standing bath, double power showers and a double sink, top class again!
The concierge was most helpful as were the receptionists. We dined at the hotel and the menu gave us a lot of choices and what we ate was delicious. Breakfast was almost as extensive as the dinner menu and I sampled some cheeses, smoked salmon, hams, home made breads as well as attempting a full Irish!
If I had to find any fault it would be that the furniture ( particularly some chairs in the lounges) could do with a touch up, they look a little worn. However, that is minor details and overall we had a brilliant experience and would love to do it again. The city centre is only 5 minutes in a taxi or a twenty minute walk.

Room Tip: The rooms to the front of the hotel have a scenic view, we had a room to the rear (with no view) but it made little difference as the room and bed are sooooo comfortable, you will probably fall asleep instantly.!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
The g Hotel G, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your birthday with us at the g. We were delighted to read how well our team looked after you and that you enjoyed all the facilities the hotel boasts.
Our team were so pleased to be mentioned in your review. We have shared your wonderful feedback about our bedrooms, bathrooms, breakfast and dinner offerings with all.

We really do appreciate your kind comments. We are currently investing in the hotel so we hope that you will stay with us again soon to witness our improvements first hand.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

...... of a shopping centre car park. Not what I expected for €300 for one night. Very poor value for money and not at all a 5 star experience. Also carpet was stained in the bedroom. On the plus side my wife enjoyed restaurant and prices were reasonable

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank venividi70

Dear Guest,

Naturally we were all greatly upset to read that you were not entirely impressed with certain aspects of your stay. The g is a city centre hotel which does limit the views available. However many of our deluxe bedrooms and all our suites boast stunning views of Lough Atalia, which forms part of Galway Bay.

Please accept our apologies that the carpet in your bedroom was not up to the high standard we pride ourselves on. We were pleased to read that your partner did enjoy our menu offerings in Restaurant Gigi’s and that she found it to be good value for money also.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean. The breakfast was fun because it is half menu and half buffet, all for the same price. The beds were very nice, made it hard to get up and start the day and I mean that in the most positive way. The location was okay, the staff said it was walking distance to downtown but I wouldn't recommend walking; the hotel was far and with the frequent rain showers it was unpredictable. They offer parking which was complimentary and convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
The g Hotel G, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We were delighted to read that you found our team welcoming and that you enjoyed our breakfast offering. The hotel is a fifteen to twenty minute walk into the city centre but only a five minute car journey.

We hope that we can welcome you back to the g again soon and that the weather will be slightly better so you can explore Galway.