“G Style ☺”

Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Limerick, Ireland, Europe
“G Style ☺”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Everybody deserves a little bit of The G in their lives..just spent 2 nights there and am already planning on returning. . Everything from the staff, the food and the ambiance made it a top class experience. The G Hotel proves, the Irish have not lost their cead mile failte reputation even
during tough times. Finally just Go Go Go to The G, you will leave feeling years younger...

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank AilsG
The g Hotel G, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest,
We were delighted to read how much you enjoyed your time in the g. It was so rewarding to read that you are already planning a return trip. Our team were delighted to be mentioned in your review and we were all so pleased to read that you enjoyed our menu offerings as well as the unique ambiance of the hotel.
We hope that we get to welcome you back again very soon.
The g Hotel Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Loved staying in this hotel. I've never seen anything like it. It is like a museum of color and design and the staff, service, food -- everything -- was top-notch. Got it as a secret Hotwire deal for a little over $100 a night and staying here was a highlight of our vacation. It was so much fun -- like we entered a three-day dreamscape.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review from your recent stay at the g on Trip Advisor. We were delighted to read how much you enjoyed the unique colour and decor of the g. We have shared your lovely feedback about our team, menu offerings and good value for money with all.
We hope that we can welcome you back to the g again soon.
Co Down
Reviewed 19 July 2014

What a great hotel. Stayed here for 3 nights in July and had a wonderful experience from start to finish. The staff were friendly and helpful. The decor is elegant and sophiscated, the photographs don't do the hotel justice. We had a standard room, which was bright and airy with a comfortable bed and armchairs and a table for chilling out. We had dinner on the first night which was extremely good, a choice of varying prices of three course meals. A good idea as not everyone wants to spend 50 euro each on a high end meal. The breakfast was good the next day with plenty of choice. The staff are extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We also paid 10 euro each to use the thermal suite, which was well worth the money. Although not a large area, there was everything you needed, with the most powerful jets I've ever come across. Would definitely recommend a stay here.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for three nights in July. We were delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience from start to finish. Our team were thrilled to be mentioned in your review and everyone was so pleased to read how much you enjoyed the bedroom you were allocated as well as your dining experience in Restaurant Gigi’s. Our thermal suite in ESPA at the g is a hidden treasure and we were so pleased you made time to use this facility.
Thank you for sharing your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We hope that we can welcome you back to us in the g again very soon.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the G for 3 nights midweek in June 2014, check in was great, the receptionist was so friendly and professional. I got upgraded at check in, the room was lovely. Bed was so comfortable. Had food in ladies lounge one evening, it was only ok. Breakfast was good each morning. Overall the G was a great break, but I've stayed in better 5 star hotels

Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of the g. We were delighted to read of the warm welcome you received upon check in and that we were able to upgrade you to a higher room category. We were all upset to read that you did not enjoy your dining experience in one of our Signature Lounges. Please accept our sincere apologies for this.
We hope that you will stay with us the next time you are visiting Galway.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The G Hotel, Galway.. If you're touring Ireland's gorgeous west coast, you will definitely be spending time in Galway! We had done some research, and The G got pretty good reviews, so we gave it a try. We had never been to Galway, and had to stop and ask directions a couple of times to find the hotel..

The G was our first stop, after a long trip from Austin, Texas to Shannon airport.. we were tired, and went to bed after eating.. I woke from a deep sleep, to find a man standing in our room.. Seems that the door's safety lock wasn't working, and thankfully, this was a hotel employee, coming in for "turn down service".. However, this was a very freaky experience to me.. especially since the halls are long and dark here, and we did not feel safe. The next day, while we were out sightseeing, the manager wrote a note, saying that they had been in the room, working on the lock, and I appreciated the fact that they wasted no time getting it fixed, and that he would take the time to handwrite a personal note.

The bed was very comfortable, the room very nice. The only negative thing I can say is, that the light system is kinda strange.. The lights to the area where the coffee/tea maker is, control the lights over the bedroom, (so, if I got up early to make tea, the whole room would light up, waking my wife).. And, the lights to the bathroom are outside the bathroom door, (so if I got up at night to use the bathroom, turning on lights would wake up my wife). Not sure why Irish hotels do this, but it's a very common thing.

The first night we got the fish and chips, room service. It was one of the best fish and chips we've had in Ireland, and the desserts we ordered were amazing, too. The next morning, we ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant, and it was exceptionally good, too. The following morning, the food was not as good (my wife's eggs benedict were way overcooked), service not as good, (waitress didn't bring part of my order, and part of my wife's order).

Overall, every staff member we encountered was very friendly, professional, and helpful. We especially appreciated traveling advice from the front desk staff. On the way out, the young man who loaded our luggage into the rental car, gave very good directions to where we were heading, and talked of someone in his family, who lived in Chicago.. We enjoyed his comments and advice, and it left us with a very good feeling about The G Hotel.

I wish that there was a 3.5, or better yet, a 3.95 rating available, because that's where I would rate The G Hotel. It's better than a 3, probably not quite a 4. I've stayed at The Merrion, Dublin, that's a real 5 star hotel. Every hotel I rate, is rated against the 5 star Merrion Hotel.

That being said, would I recommend The G to family and friends? Yes, I would.. Would I stay here again? Yes I would.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Raydioman61
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the g. Please accept our sincere apologies that you were disturbed by a member of our team. Unfortunately mistakes do happen but it was reassuring to read that our team rectified the problem.
It was lovely to read how impressed you were with our food quality and menu offerings on the first day of your trip. We will be following up on your feedback for the second day with our Food & Beverage Manager, David, for him to look into.
Thank you for recommending us to family and friends. We look forward to welcoming you back to us again soon so that we can assure you we are worthy of our five star credentials.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Had a fab stay at the G hotel last weekend & it is one of the best hotels ive stayed in! beautiful design & friendly staff with excellent service! the food was fab, cant wait to go back! the tv wasn't working in our room & they sent someone up to fix within 5 minutes. Loved the cupcakes in our room. We had a deluxe room which was really spacious. The hotel is just a short walk from centre of Galway with lots of traditional Irish pubs with lots of atmosphere. Overall a perfect couples break for a really relaxing stay!

Dear Guest,
We were so pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay and that the g is one of the best hotels that you have ever stayed in. Our team were delighted to be mentioned in your review and everyone was thrilled to read that you enjoyed our menu offerings, location, bedrooms and the level of service provided throughout the hotel. Our welcome cupcakes receive constant praise and it was great to read that you enjoyed them. Please accept our apologies that you television was not working upon arrival.
We really do appreciate your kind words and we hope to welcome you back to us again soon.
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I honestly can beleive how this hotel has one bad review not to mention severial I can tell you now there is just no pleasing some people because this Hotel along with the Twelve Hotel is the nicest I have ever stayed. From the minute we checked in I could tell it deserved each and everyone of its five stars. Reception were very helpful and and staff were extremely friendy. Do not beleive these rooms are dirty because staff work very hard and the rooms were impecible. Really enjoyed our stay here the only thing I didnt like was when we went to reception for few drinks they would not accept money after 12am and wanted to put a tab on our room. I later descover they accepted lazer cards so I paid with my card when we went to check out they tryed to charge us again but luckly I keeped my receipts and it was resolved. But I really enjoyed my stay and I would definatly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roisinoh
Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for your fantastic review. We were so honoured to read that you found the g to be one of the nicest places you have ever stayed in. Our team were delighted to be mentioned in your review and everyone was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your bedroom. Please accept our apologies for the double posting of drinks. We will look into this immediately. We really do appreciate your fantastic review and we hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the g again soon.