2,974 results
All reviewscupcakesthermal suitephilip treacyluxury roomretail parkcup cakespink roomon arrivaldouble showerturn down serviceeggs benedictamazing hotellounge areatop classpublic areascar parkfrom start to finish
Reviewed 10 January 2018

I booked this as a two night getaway as I'd stayed for a night in 2015 and found it good. The hotel has gone seriously downhill in this time and is now in need of major investment to bring it back to a 5 star experience. Carpets are stained and grotty, and rooms have been stripped of their soft furnishings since I visited last.
I was absolutely stunned to find a room that cost €300 per night had ripped, torn and frayed curtains (see pics) and filthy carpet! When I spoke to reception about this they said that it would be difficult to find a similar room WITHOUT the same problems. Unbelievable when you are paying that kind of money! Management are clearly aware of the issues but they are keeping the prices hiked up as high as possible to lull unsuspecting guests into thinking they'll get 5 star room. Breakfast is also cheap and appalling. Location is over 1 mile from town.
I stayed in the Meyrick during the summer and at least you get what you pay for, in a quaint hotel in the heart of the city

Room Tip: book elsewhere
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jellybeens
Maura O, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Jellybeens,

I am sorry to read that this stay was not a true reflection of your previous visit here. Thank you for highlighting the issues that you found in your room, this is not representative of our exacting standards. A number of rooms including this one will be refurbished in the coming weeks.

I would be happy to welcome you back to the g Hotel & Spa in the future so that you can recreate or perhaps even better your original experience with us.

Please email me on modonnell@theg.ie when you are next coming to Galway.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

The nicest hotel I have stayed in! From the minute you walk into the hotel you are greeted with friendly staff. There is a concierge in reception who offers to help with you luggage and the reception staff are very welcoming too! This hotel is very modern and quirky, the corridors are even impressive! The door handles add character too! The room we stayed in was a superior king room and it was very impressive. It was very spacious with a massive bed which was extremely comfortable. There was also a seating area, a desk, tv, DVD player, a fridge, safe and many more facilities. The bath was also very big and there was his and her sinks! There was also complementary cupcakes for us! We had drinks in the hotel that night and there was a great selection of cocktails and we were also given a complementary bowl of nuts to snack on. Breakfast was also very nice the next morning and we were greeted once again by a friendly manager who seated us and took our order for hot food. There was a great selection of cereals, fruit, breads and ham/cheese. We also used the spa facilities which is definitely a must here! We didn’t get any treatments but we used the thermal suit. We went back to the room at about 11:50/11:55 and our key wouldn’t work as it was nearly check out time! I went to reception and the girl put extra time on our card and said there was no rush in checking out and was very friendly when we did check out 20 mins later. I will definitely be returning here again soon.

4  Thank AislingD123t
Maura O, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear AislingD123t,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent visit to the g Hotel & Spa. I’m delighted to read that you were impressed by the overall experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the g Hotel & Spa soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Had a One night stay in the junior suite.
In fairness the hotel itself is easy to miss coming from a busy roundabout and the parking is shared with a busy shopping centre so definitely no WOW on arrival. BTW there was no visible Valet service when we arrived !!
Reception was excellent and the room was perfect not very big compared to the Radisson but still a fine room
NO SKY SPORTS !!! Bad for me as it was NFL wild card week end and it wasadvertised that they had it on their TV channel
The restaurant is fine dining and if that is what you like then fine !!
Would have preferred a more modest approach.
The breakfast was room service and was excellent.
Overall this is an hotel which screams romance/couples retreat and the staff and rooms are top notch. The food while not to my taste was still well presented and you were made feel like a king by the waiting staff. The decor is beautiful and while not cheap we enjoyed our stay
Oh and the bed was made for sleeping !!!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Heaneman,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to the g Hotel & Spa. Firstly I would like to apologise that you were unable to enjoy the NFL last weekend from the comfort of your Junior Suite. We have recently changed our TV package and were unable to change the channel listing in time for your stay, this has now been rectified.

Thank you for your kind words about our team, I will be sure to pass the compliments on.

We look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

I booked a night in the g hotel, for a birthday surprise for my husband. We arrived around 3.30 and were greeted by friendly staff and experienced a speedy check in, by Sam Krohn. I had mentioned this was a surprise birthday present for my husband, when we got to our room we were shocked to see some fabulous treats in our room accompanied by a birthday card and balloons. Our room was beautiful, clean, bright and very spacious. We had a lovely trip to the thermal suites. Very relaxing and friendly staff. The cocktail menu was very impressive. The bar staff were exceptional. Moez, the waiter went over and beyond, very friendly and chatty. He presented a beautiful plate of treats to us while we were enjoying our cocktails when he learned we were celebrating a birthday. As a vegetarian, I dont usually get excited about hotel breakfasts. But the eggs benedict were so good. There was plenty of fresh fruit, yoghurts and juices, my husband enjoyed his fry and was impressed by the choice of meats, cheeses and breads. Every staff member we met were so friendly and professional. The hotel has such a relaxing atmosphere.
We had a wonderful time in the G hotel. We felt we were treated like royalty
Would highly recommend and we will definitely be returning. Thank you so for a memorable experience.

1  Thank Kar R
Maura O, Manager at the g Hotel & Spa Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear Karen,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to the g Hotel & Spa. I’m delighted you had an enjoyable time and felt that you were treated like royalty as we strive for all our guests to feel so valued.

I will proudly share your kind compliments with our entire team. I know Moez and Sam, along with the rest of our great team here will be delighted to hear that they contributed to your stay being so special and memorable.

We look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

On a whim, we decided to stay one night in the G last week. Booking the room by telephone was easy and painless. The gentleman who checked us in was disinterested and borderline rude. The room was bigger than expected. The bed was amazing. That’s pretty much where the positives end, however. The chair in the room with the dressing table was dirty and the ‘leather’ covering badly torn. The shower was blocked to the point where it came up to calf height on me during the shower, which was disgusting. The breakfast, which we paid extra for, the following morning to the room was shocking. The scrambled egg was dry and tasteless. The tomato was raw and the hot chocolate clearly made with inferior powder (the Cadbury’s supermarket version is nicer). The pastries were stale and appeared to be the kind bought in bulk in a cash and carry. I brought my issues to the hotel’s attention at check out and they removed the tray charge from the bill for breakfast and asked if I wanted someone to contact me about the issues. I said no on the basis that we only stayed one night, but that if we had been staying any longer, we would have called straight away and complained. I definitely won’t be back. Although a 4 star, the Meyrick Hotel is far superior. Disappointing indeed.

2  Thank 932NB

Dear 932NB,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to the g Hotel & Spa. I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. There are a number of rooms that require a soft refurbishment that will be commencing in the coming weeks. I have shared your feedback with our breakfast chef as we always strive for complete customer satisfaction.

I would welcome the opportunity to welcome you back to the g Hotel & Spa so you can experience what we are renowned for.

Please email me on modonnell@theg.ie when you are next coming to Galway.