“Absolutely fabulouss - a real touch of class”

the g Hotel & Spa Galway
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Myself and a friend stayed here on a mid-week package deal which included a 3 course dinner one night. I had a great time and cannot think of one thing to complain about. The spa is lovely although if you have mobility problems, you may have trouble in the jacuzzi. The sauna was a little cool for my tastes and I couldn't see anywhere to put water on the coals which would make it hotter. My friend loved the jacuzzi and the steam room was definitely hot enough. The dinner we got was fabulous. My friend is vegetarian and didnt like anything for main course on the menu but they made her up a pasta dish when she said it and she could choose the ingredients. Everything is made to order so if you like the sound of a dish except for one ingredient, you can order it without whatever it is.
There are interesting pieces of artwork around the hotel. Our dvd player was working fine and when we returned, it couldn't read the disc. No problem. We rang reception who had somebody up with a spare dvd player in case it couldn't be fixed in 10 minutes. You definitely get the service you are paying for here and I will definitely be back.
A real addition to the Galway hotel scene.

Reviewed 18 August 2010

Myself and my mum stayed in the G Hotel in Galway and had a beautiful stay. Everything about the hotel is superb - all the staff were extremely helpful, friendly and attentive, the rooms are bright, comfortable and clean to a very high standard. We had a delicious and very resonably priced lunch in the gorgeous pink lounge and breakfast the following morning was relaxed and enjoyable.
We also availed of the complimentary dvd service.
The hotel is within walking distance of Galway city. It is very resonably priced and is excellent value for money.
All in all, a wonderful relaxing and girlie couple of days away.
The only problem was that our stay was far too short!
I would most definitely recommend this beautiful hotel and will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Having decided to spend the weekend in Galway for our 3rd year wedding anniversary, we originally booked into the Clayton hotel which had advertised a Spa break, when it in fact did not have a Spa! This was the final straw for us having encountered numerous problems since our check in. We decided enough time was wasted and phoned the G hotel to see if a room was available. Check in we were informed was at 3pm. We mentioned to the staff that we were celebrating our 3rd year wedding anniversary and had encountered a number of disappointments at the Clayton. We arrived to the G hotel at 1pm to book Spa treatments and were informed that our room was ready and that we were being up graded for no additional charge as it was our anniversary, and it was apparent we had not had a relaxing time so far. We were escorted to a suite, and there is one word that I can use to describe it, Opulent! The G hotel lives up to it's 5 star rating from the moment you walk into reception. The staff are among the most professional and helpful I have ever encountered. The decor is modern, luxurious with 3 different lounge areas to suit all tastes. We had a champagne afternoon tea followed by some amazing cocktails, before relaxing in the thermal suites. That evening we dined in the Matz restaurant which while having a varied selection of meat and seafood dishes, only had one vegetarian option. However I was informed that the chef could make an alternative vegetarian dish. The food was very tasty although portions could have been larger, also there was no side orders accompaning the main courses. The following morning complimentary newspapers were delivered to the room and there were many options available for breakfast. Overall, our experience at the G hotel, exceeded our expectations, and we definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2010

Stayed here again for one night - its nearly an annual thing now! Anyhow, the hotel is as nice as ever - great customer service, rooms and hotel in general spotlessly clean. Breakfast excellent. All good. However, we had dinner there on the night and it was poor and I think I wrote about this before. I emailed the hotel when I got home about it but never received a reply or acknowledgement of my comments. I chose the caesar salad hoping it had improved on last year - no - it was exactly the same. Mushy chicken, rock hard giant crouton, stale -tasting cheesy thingy - don't ask ! It is presented lovely but taste-wise it's poor. I ordered salmon for the main course and this was fine though a bit on the small side. My husband (who is a big guy) and I were shocked when his tiny turbot or should I say 'tur' came out - how they justified serving it to someone is beyond me, it was slightly larger then a matchbox! Desserts were fine. Service was excellent. I know this isn't a place to review a restaurant but this I feel was the only part to let down our stay in the G. I will stay here again for sure but will be making a dinner reservation elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2010

went here for a one night mid week break, it is a lovely hotel, the decor is a bit off the wall if you describe it verbaly but when you see it it works well and is not tacky at all, our room was lovely - one of the most comfortable beds i have ever slept in they didnt have tea or coffe making facilities in room and wehn i requested it it never arrived - but at that stagei was too ired to pursue it, on arrival they have lovely cup cakes in the room - very nice., A small but adequate gym no pool, overall the staff were very professional and friendly, friends joined us for a lovely breakfast in a lovely dinin room wih very comfortable seating and excellent presentation the breakfast buffet was standard by most hotels o but the cooked food which can often be dripping in grease and fluid was cooked perfect and really tasty. it is close to city and not really in an attractive area ove looks a cinema and shops but we ere very happy with it all the same.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2010

This is everything a 5 Star Hotel should be. Service amazing (Molly in particular), decor amazing, friendliness of staff amazing, spa amazing, food amazing, room amazing & bed absolutely amazing!!! I cannot wait to go back. No other hotel in Galway or indeed Ireland can compare with this.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2010

This luxury hotel is everything you would expect from a hotel with 5*. Excellent customer service, we were greeted by a friendly and accommodate staff eager to please and ensure that our experience at the g was a good one. The location may not be everyones ideal as it is on the main road and therefore lacks gardens and the like, however we loved how it was so close to the town and we would not have went outside much anyway as the inside was so nice. A great hotel that we will return to at some point again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple