“Great Hotel but Not 5 Star”

the g Hotel & Spa Galway
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Galway
County Dublin, Ireland
“Great Hotel but Not 5 Star”
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Stayed here in a standard room for a weekend break, the Hotel is in a great location only 15 mins walk from the city center. Our room was clean and the Bed was really comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and we both had SPA treatments and found the SPA Staff brilliant. On the second night we ate in MATZ the food was good but the service was quite slow, they maybe need some additional staff. Overall a great Hotel, but I don’t think its really a 5 star.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 25 November 2010

Stayed here as a treat for my mum who visited from cork, we really enjoyed our stay and now I know why it is worth paying extra euro's for a hotel that is spotless, well maintained, and the customer services is fantastic! I've stayed in many hotels who have claimed to be the 'best', but really they failed at many simple requirements! The G was perfect, from the moment we checked in to checking out - the staff were great! the decor was special and it really was a relaxing time for us both....

Treat yourself!!!!!

Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Jen_Muzza
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 November 2010

I stayed in the g with my friend who was over from the UK for a weekend, we have both sampled a lot of hotels for work and leisure and agreed this is definitely in one of our top five. Aside from the delightful aesthetic qualities of the hotel interiors, the food, and particularly the service were second to none, every member of staff was hugely helpful - and knowledgeable - and really made us feel welcome. This was my second time back and I will certainly try and go back again sometime soon.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 November 2010

Stayed here for one night with my husband and loved it. The decor is very modern and a little different. The bedrooms were excellent, the furniture was lovely and the general feel is bright ,fresh and stylish. The mattress, duvets and pillows were very good quality so you can be assured of a good night's sleep. Breakfash was good but could be improved on. Bar prices very expensive. All the staff were friendly and helpful and overall a good experience.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bernadette R
Galway
Reviewed 17 November 2010

I brought my mother and brother for afternoon tea, which was a birthday treat for my mother. I had booked in advance as required but because we had an extra person with us they had to set another table. We didn't mind this but we then had to wait up to 45-50mins for our tea and sandwiches etc., to arrive. We were staving at this stage and decided to have the scones first but when my mother went to cut them they were still raw in da middle. We then had 2 wait another half hour for more fresh ones to be brought out. We had at least 4 different waiters/waitresses. Even tough we had an extra person with us we didn't get extra food. They whole experience was terrible, I would not recommend it to anyone. When I complained through email, I got a reply asking for my phone number which I sent back. That was over a month ago and I haven't heard a word since.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
31 Thank TeresaCappataggle
Omagh
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Great room, service and breakfast had loads of choice and as much as you want....some drinks are dear (spirits and wine)...the spa is really good at 20euro per person...location is 10mins car journey from City centre in a retail park overlooking Lough Atalia....good service and different (in a good way) interior

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Connemara
Reviewed 9 November 2010

Great room. Got an upgrade. Shame about mumbled and absent minded breakfast service

• Stayed November 2010