“Brilliant Hotel - Well worth a visit”
Review of Salthill Hotel

Salthill Hotel
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I always use Trip Advisor to looks at hotels before i travel. I thought I’d write a report on my recent trip to Galway in Ireland.
My son was playing Gaelic Football at a local club (Salthill-Knocknacarra GAA) and we stopped in the Salthill Hotel. This was a recommendation.
I can safely say it was one of the best hotels I’ve stopped in, with the "warmest" of welcomes. The rooms, facilities, bar area and service were found to be excellent. The location is also excellent, across the promenade to the beautiful Galway Bay. The staff were always on hand to answer questions and always had a smile on their face. It's a shame I only stayed two nights, would liked to have stopped longer.
The promenade is great for a stroll in either direction with the views around the bay. It is a good 20-25 minutes walk to Galway Town but well worth it. There is a bus stop near the hotel for those who don’t want to walk.
There are numerous pubs and other food outlets on the way into Galway Town. The ones we visited were friendly and welcoming.
Can't wait to go back and take the rest of the family. Well done to the Salthill Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Salthill Hotel

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I have just returned from a three night stay in this Hotel. I was with my wife and 4 month old daughter. We last visited here in October '12 and I am delighted to say that it hasn't changed a bit.

We were checked in by Eileen at Reception, who greeted us with a warm smile and offered us a cot for our baby and help with our bags. We had a beautiful room on the 4th floor with a great view of the sea and promenade. The room was very clean and spacious. We had a flat screen tv with Sky Sports and internet access and lots of other channels, tea & coffee making facilities, large bathroom and the hotel has complimentary wi-fi throughout the hotel.

The food was lovely here. There is food served all day till 9pm in the bar which boasts brilliant views out over the sea & promenade.. There is a fine dining restaurant too in the hotel called Prom which has similar views to the bar.

The amenities in this hotel are exceptional. It has a 25M pool, Hydrotherapy Suite; Features 18M Hydrotherapy Pool with fountain, heated to 31 degrees; Relaxing Loungers; Sauna; Steam room; Whirlpool, Extensive Gymnasium and Professional Weights Suite, Advanced Training Area, Aerobics Studio, Spinning Studio, Pilates Studio.. The Leisure facilities are all kept extremely clean..

The staff are all so friendly and it is only a 20 minute walk to Galway City or bus 401 stops outside the hotel and drops you to the city centre.

If you're considering a break in Galway then you should really give this hotel a try, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: 4th floor we stayed on and the views were great..
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I cannot begin to praise the Salthill Hotel, it's manager Pauline and it's staff enough.

We recently celebrated my brother's wedding here and the day was faultless. The hotel was comfortable and inviting. The food (on arrival, the wedding breakfast, the afters and all the food we were served the next day) was delicious, hot, and served by pleasant and professional staff. The bar staff were friendly and on their game, despite the ridiculous hour that we kept them from their beds 'till! The rooms were clean, modern and inviting, with possibly THE most comfortable beds I have slept in in a hotel. (And I have a bad back)

I was particularly impressed by the manager Pauline. My brother and his bride spoke very highly of her from the get go and having seen her in action over the wedding I can now see why. Her attention to detail, given the myriad of tasks she undertakes on a daily basis is commendable. She made made Mervyn an Mary feel as though they were the only Bride and Groom in the world. I noticed that during the wedding day she tended to another prospective bride and groom, and it would appear as though she was treating them in the very same way. There was also a busy conference being ran on the same day and the hotel was packed to capacity with guests. None of whom interfered with our day nor detracted Pauline from being attentive to our needs.

In the midst of all the perpetration for the wedding we sadly lost our Dad, and this is where Pauline truly came into her own. The understanding nature she dealt with Mervyn was heart warming. She was empathetic and took the time to chat with not only Mervyn but with me also. A job that was above and beyond for a busy hotel manager.

As I said at the beginning, I cannot praise the hotel enough, and I would highly recommend it no matter what brings you to it's door. I wish you continued success.

A very happy guest:))

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We stayed there second time in the last year. This time we traveled with 4 months old baby. The hotel got in touch with us and offered a cot for the stay. The facilities there are amazing. Love the walk to galway city as well. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Spent 3days here. would recommend this hotel. food was very good service was excellent both in bar and restaurant. Throughout the hotel the attention to detail was first class. great views from the hotel and a very well run leisure centre. EXCELLENT

Room Tip: Third floor sea view
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We can't thank the staff enough at the Salthill hotel for their professionalism on our wedding day. People that attended the wedding are still talking about how they were treated on the day- the food, the service, the rooms. It was an amazing day and alot of that was down to you, Pauline & staff who looked after us so well- so we thank you again.

It really was the best day of our lives and we cant thank you and your staff for making it so special for us.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2013

we had our sons christening here and from the minute we walked in the door i knew that we would be looked after. the food in the prom reseaurant was out of this world not 1 person in our party could find any fault,the staff & service was professional & even though the restaurant had 2 other groups in we were looked after like we were the only ones there. so once again thank you to all invloved in making our little boys day out so enjoyable & memorable