“Nice Place to stay”

Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Limerick, Ireland
“Nice Place to stay”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Enjoyed a two night stay here Feb 19th n 20th. Room was spacious and clean, comfortable and very quiet . Breakfast was excellent and staff in general were very friendly. Leisure centre was well appointed but changing rooms and showers were not clean! Only other issue was that when I returned at 2.00am I had to stand out in the rain n ring the hotel to get access?? However overall it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank John M
Fkillilea, General Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear John M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Salthill hotel. I appreciate your comments regarding our well appointed spacious rooms and courteous effecient staff.

I would however like to extend my apologies that you were left waiting outside until the night porter opened the automatic doors. We did have an issue whereby our outside intercom recorded a fault and unfortunately we did not get an replacement until the following day.

I have also addressed the cleanliness of the changing rooms in the leisure centre with the staff and as our members and regular guests can attest to this is not the norm in our 5 star facility.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Salthill in the near future.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
dublin
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Like a good quality four star hotel. Bar really nice staff very friendly and welcoming. Pool area high quality and sauna and steam room and jacuzzi very good and spacious. Bring toiletries down though as not available in pool area. Room a very good size and need very comfortable. Even though there was a wedding on the run was quiet asides just the right temperature for sleeping, not too warm or stuffy. The buffet breakfast was a very high standard much better than the usual selection. Overall would highly recommend!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Fkillilea, General Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear whittersDublin,

Thank you for your fantastic review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us it was a pleasure to read.

The Team here at Salthill endeavour to provide each of our guests with a wonderful stay and I am really delighted that you had such a good time. The will be thrilled to read your review and thank you for all your kind words.

We hope that you can visit us again soon and thank you for your review,

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

We booked 2 rooms from booking.com for a very good price.
1.Reception...When we arrived we had allocated two rooms at the 4 floors but the lady from the reception relocated as on the first floor and when a asked why... she replayed me with a bad attitude telling me that all the rooms have changed.
2. Location of the hotel it's fantastic.
3. Rooms very good,nice and clean.
4. Swimming pool area very nice and clean with very helpful staff.
5. Breakfasts very good, including the staff witch was very helpful.
6. But in the pub we had a very bad experience... Looked like everybody just avoided us. After we arrived we waited over 20 minutes for menus and when I got to the bar the guys from there didn't want to take my orders, telling me that it's a table service and after that, somebody arrived with the menus...
Taking the orders slow
Wrong sides arrived with the main course
Food nice and tasty served in the right time
Drinks served perfectly and on time
But in the end when we wanted to pay with 2 cards
The waitress lost her temper and didn't want to do that unless
She split the bill in 2 different ones witch required to wait long time again, so I decided to pay for my friends. We didn't need the bills separated, we just wanted to pay separate.
Anyway overall we enjoyed, but next time when we come again we'll avoid some areas.
It's sad that 2 out of 6 failed complectly.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Fkillilea, General Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Maxim A,

I am disappointed to read your recent review and want to start by apologising for failing to deliver the high standards of service we set for ourselves and clearly failing to meet your expectations.

I hope you will accept my personal assurance that your experience is not indicative of the high service levels we strive to and do achieve so consistently (as can be attested from the many positive comments we receive) and I can assure you that we will use your feedback to close these gaps in our service as a matter of the utmost priority.

Given your experience I understand and recognise that your perception of us have been marred and I would appreciate the opportunity, if you would be amenable, to restore your faith in us.

I would therefore be grateful if you would get in touch with me on fionakillilea@salthillhotel.com so I can not only apologise to you in person but also discuss the possibility of a return visit to the Salthill hotel.

I know we can and will meet and exceed your future expectations and just hope you give us the opportunity to do so.
ireland
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent gym. Comfortable beds and friendly staff. Can't believe ur not a 4 star!! Thanks to mark also for bein so nice. Didn't eat there but it looks good. Will definitely be back soon. Close to everything u need and lovely sea view rooms. Thanks again

Stayed February 2014
Dear Dempseyciara8,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

We are delighted that we managed to impress you so much and thank you for your comments on our service and our team. I will pass your lovely remarks to Mark.

We are aiming for 4 star status this year and reviews like you have written will inspire the staff to ensure the Salthill hotel becomes the leading 4 star property in the West of Ireland.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Very welcoming staff on arrival checked in immediately to a lovely well equipped room complete with lcd tv that doubles as a computer very clean. The bathroom had plenty of clean towels and all of what was needed as it was a sudden change of plan to stay due to unplanned meeting the following morning. A very special thanks to Edel on the reception desk for making my stay very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Alexanderbt,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Salthill hotel.

I am delighted that you had an unforgettable stay with us and that our staff was very accommodating to your needs. I will pass your lovely comments to Edel at reception. It is so nice to receive feedback like this.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Hi All

I was wondering why you are a 3 star? i have stayed in many hotels in Ireland and i don't understand why you are rated 3star. Service is very good and rooms are also very good. swimming pool bar and restaurant all 4 star rating. I have friends who wont set foot in a 3 star hotel and if they set foot in here they would say its 4 star

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear M Kiley,

We are all delighted to read how much you enjoyed every aspect of your visit and that you rate the Salthill hotel as a 4 star property.

We endeavour to provide each of our guests with a wonderful stay and I am really delighted that you had such a good time.

I am in the process of applying for 4 star status and we are on course to achieve the honour this year.

I hope that you return to visit us again and we look forward to welcoming you.
Claremorris, Ireland
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I am almost 6 months married and I am still so grateful to the wonderful staff in the hotel, with special mention to Pauline Griffin, for the awesome service they provided for my big day. To be honest, it was not even on our list of hotels that we first checked out, but it would be my first recommendation to any couple looking for the perfect wedding reception venue.

Upon entering the hotel for the first time, I was convinced that this is where I wanted to have my reception. The hotel is stunning - a big lobby for everyone to mingle, a cozy bar to get that important first beverage and a gorgeous dining room! As mentioned before the staff were wonderful and so helpful!

There was nothing that they would not/could not do for us. No matter what we requested, they accommodated us. They made us feel like we were the only couple getting married there, They made us feel special, which is what you want on your big day!

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to any couple looking for a wonderful venue for their reception. It was the best day of my life, and I would like to credit The Salthill Hotel for a lot of that! Obviously my husband, family and friends helped too!

So Thank You, Pauline and all the staff!

Caroline Walsh!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Caroline,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your wedding at Salthill hotel and thank you for a wonderful review.

It was such a pleasure to read that you had a fabulous time and that our service was excellent. Pauline certainly goes the extra mile to ensure every couple's day is a memorable one and I am
blessed to have someone as dedicated as her working with me at the Salthill hotel.

We know how important these moments are for our guests and will always do our very best to make these occasions and celebrations as special as possible.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your 1st anniversary!!

Thank you again for the lovely review.