“very poor customer service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Salthill Hotel

Salthill Hotel
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Moate, Ireland
“very poor customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

stayed for 2 nights could not get over how bad the staff were. had breakfast both mornings 1st morning was ok just might be a good idea for staff to learn basic customer service skills and even checking customers during their breakfast. 2nd morning waited 10mins nobody offered tea or coffee so i got up and asked the waitress was not very impressed as i got a look thrown at me when i asked anyway another 10 mins passed when we eventually got our tea. we were walking past reception later that day and one of staff walked out from side door at reception and straight into us but didnt care never apologised forced her way past us. very disappointed

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Fkillilea, General Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear TBrowne,

I am disappointed to read your recent review and want to start by apologising for failing to deliver the high standards of service we set for ourselves and clearly failing to meet your expectations. .

I hope you will accept my personal assurance that your experience is not indicative of the high service levels we strive to and do achieve so consistently (as can be attested from the many positive comments we receive) and I can assure you that we will use your feedback to close these gaps in our service as a matter of the utmost priority.

I hope that you will return to Salthill hotel.

Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Was here for a family wedding on Saturday the 1st of March. Everything was exceptional from the food to the service to the accommodation. Everybody was in amazement at just how well we were accommodated and be able to relax in the warm friendly atmosphere. When awoke in the morning the warm and hotel was warm and cosy and the breakfast was 5 stars. Would recommend definitely staying here and will be making return trips myself :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Aislingxoxox,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Salthill hotel and thank you for a wonderful review.

It was such a pleasure to read that you had a fabulous time at the wedding and that our service was excellent.

We know how important these moments are for our guests and will always do our very best to make these occasions and celebrations as memorable and special as possible.

We hope that you can visit us again soon and thank you for your review.

Donegal I
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Not in the habit of writing these reviews, but when it comes to the Salthill Hotel Galway, one feels compelled to when the product is so good. Check in, value for money, food, service and rooms are all excellent, coming from a previous Hotel background, one knows what to look out for and one could not find any faults whatsoever with the Salthill Hotel. Everyone of the staff are so friendly and helpful. The food is delicious and great value, breakfast was excellent also and nothing seemed any bother to the staff, from Edel and Hazel on reception to Anne in Housekeeping, everything was flawless. Seaview rooms were an additional bonus also! Not always possible I know, but thanks again folks for everything, we hope to return soon again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jaykay2
Dear Jaykay2,

Thank you for your fantastic review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us it was a pleasure to read.

We are all delighted to read how much you enjoyed every aspect of your visit. The Team here at Salthill endeavour to provide each of our guests with a wonderful stay and I am really delighted that you had such a good time. They will be delighted to read your review and thank you for all your kind words.

I hope that you return to visit us again and we look forward to welcoming you.
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Enjoyed a two night stay here Feb 19th n 20th. Room was spacious and clean, comfortable and very quiet . Breakfast was excellent and staff in general were very friendly. Leisure centre was well appointed but changing rooms and showers were not clean! Only other issue was that when I returned at 2.00am I had to stand out in the rain n ring the hotel to get access?? However overall it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank John M
Dear John M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Salthill hotel. I appreciate your comments regarding our well appointed spacious rooms and courteous effecient staff.

I would however like to extend my apologies that you were left waiting outside until the night porter opened the automatic doors. We did have an issue whereby our outside intercom recorded a fault and unfortunately we did not get an replacement until the following day.

I have also addressed the cleanliness of the changing rooms in the leisure centre with the staff and as our members and regular guests can attest to this is not the norm in our 5 star facility.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Salthill in the near future.

dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Like a good quality four star hotel. Bar really nice staff very friendly and welcoming. Pool area high quality and sauna and steam room and jacuzzi very good and spacious. Bring toiletries down though as not available in pool area. Room a very good size and need very comfortable. Even though there was a wedding on the run was quiet asides just the right temperature for sleeping, not too warm or stuffy. The buffet breakfast was a very high standard much better than the usual selection. Overall would highly recommend!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Fkillilea, General Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear whittersDublin,

The Team here at Salthill endeavour to provide each of our guests with a wonderful stay and I am really delighted that you had such a good time. The will be thrilled to read your review and thank you for all your kind words.

We hope that you can visit us again soon and thank you for your review,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

We booked 2 rooms from booking.com for a very good price.
1.Reception...When we arrived we had allocated two rooms at the 4 floors but the lady from the reception relocated as on the first floor and when a asked why... she replayed me with a bad attitude telling me that all the rooms have changed.
2. Location of the hotel it's fantastic.
3. Rooms very good,nice and clean.
4. Swimming pool area very nice and clean with very helpful staff.
5. Breakfasts very good, including the staff witch was very helpful.
6. But in the pub we had a very bad experience... Looked like everybody just avoided us. After we arrived we waited over 20 minutes for menus and when I got to the bar the guys from there didn't want to take my orders, telling me that it's a table service and after that, somebody arrived with the menus...
Taking the orders slow
Wrong sides arrived with the main course
Food nice and tasty served in the right time
Drinks served perfectly and on time
But in the end when we wanted to pay with 2 cards
The waitress lost her temper and didn't want to do that unless
She split the bill in 2 different ones witch required to wait long time again, so I decided to pay for my friends. We didn't need the bills separated, we just wanted to pay separate.
Anyway overall we enjoyed, but next time when we come again we'll avoid some areas.
It's sad that 2 out of 6 failed complectly.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Fkillilea, General Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Maxim A,

Given your experience I understand and recognise that your perception of us have been marred and I would appreciate the opportunity, if you would be amenable, to restore your faith in us.

I would therefore be grateful if you would get in touch with me on fionakillilea@salthillhotel.com so I can not only apologise to you in person but also discuss the possibility of a return visit to the Salthill hotel.

I know we can and will meet and exceed your future expectations and just hope you give us the opportunity to do so.
ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent gym. Comfortable beds and friendly staff. Can't believe ur not a 4 star!! Thanks to mark also for bein so nice. Didn't eat there but it looks good. Will definitely be back soon. Close to everything u need and lovely sea view rooms. Thanks again

Stayed February 2014
Dear Dempseyciara8,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

We are delighted that we managed to impress you so much and thank you for your comments on our service and our team. I will pass your lovely remarks to Mark.

We are aiming for 4 star status this year and reviews like you have written will inspire the staff to ensure the Salthill hotel becomes the leading 4 star property in the West of Ireland.