“Superb!”
Review of Salthill Hotel

Salthill Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Salthill Hotel this week for a 3night midweek break. Check in was very friendly and helpful (thanks Rachel) and two members of our group were relocated to a fabulous room nearer our room upon request.
Full buffet breakfast was available from 7-10am. Hot food frequently topped up. Tea/coffee/toast, lovely selection of yogurts, fruits, cereals etc. The seabass was a hit and the pancakes were a favourite with the kids! Plenty of choice for all.
The hotel had fantastic facilities, great gym, swimming pools and all accessories available for use such as arm bands, floats for the kids. The weather wasn't great one of the days so that pool was a godsend. Kids were well catered for. A little lounge area/waiting are next to pool with hit drinks and vending machines.
The bar was great, large and comfortable, again lovely staff. Huge tv for the world cup fans... (Major sighs when argentina won, betting slips thrown in the bin LOL)
The hotel itself is in an ideal location in Salthill. Bus stop right outside leaves every 20mins (no.401) takes you into eyre square and drops outside hotel again (10-15mins run depending on traffic). The promenade of course is a lovely walk any time you like or along the sand. The funfair is less than 5 minutes walk and opens from 12am-10pm. Hours of fun for all.
This was by far and away the best hotel i have stayed in in Ireland, far surpassing a well known neighbouring hotel in the area which charges a hell of a lot more for an awful lot less.
The general manager, i believe, Fiona has to be one of the nicest people I have ever dealt with. She was above and beyond helpful to me and I just can't speak highly enough of this hotel.
This will be our long term getaway hotel from now on when travelling in ireland. The have it all covered!
Thanks again for a fantastic stay!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank adlynz
Write a ReviewReviews (2,735)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Great Location. staff vey pleasant, room with a sea view great. Stayed in this hotel several times while our daughter was studying in NUIG
Staff always gave us a great room with a sea view, will stay again no complaints

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Fidelma146
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have never reviewed anything on the internet before and I will probably never do one again.
But I have to thank the Salthill Hotel for being head and shoulders above any hospitality I have ever experienced.
My (new :) wife and I had our wedding there recently and we were blown away by the generosity, superb service, care and effort put in by all of the staff of the hotel.
Pauline was in charge of our wedding organisation and she was an absolute pleasure from the very beginning back in 2012 to when we were leaving two days after the wedding! She is a top notch organiser and looked after our and all our guests every need. This sounds a bit ott but we were looked after as we were family.
Valerie, in accommodation was excellent and sorted out a few room allocation issues brilliantly.
Damien, one of the managers was a legend and reminded me of Mr Wolf in Pulp Fiction. He got things done. And quick!
Jean in catering was an absolute gem and we couldn't have been looked after better by her, including organising the second day bbq and ceili in the hotel!! Some craic!
All of the girls at the front desk and every single one of the staff we encountered were totally professional and most helpful. The head chef was also awesome.
Need to point out it wasn't just because we were getting married... it was a pretty big wedding and nearly everyone stayed in the hotel for 2-3 nights - everyone said the hotel staff were brilliant. Not one complaint or bad word.
Food over the three days was five star!
Entertainment and facilties were bang on - you know it's good when they're bringing out hot (and tasty!) food to us at 4am... in the bar

Anyway, enough ranting :) Just wanted to show our appreciation.
You are all legends. Thank you. Brian and Ruth

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BOC1978
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here in October - I left it quite a while to review, sorry !
Stayed for 2 days mid week, and enjoyed it very much.
It was just myself and my partner on a short stay in Galway and it was the first time we stayed in this particular hotel. Its located right at the prom in Salthill, great location !
I didn't eat in the hotel but breakfast was nice, they brought me gluten free bread. The lady that served us explained that it needed to be defrosted and was very apologetic for the few minutes it took to get it - I was delighted they had a gluten free option and was more than happy to wait !
Enjoyable stay, would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014

An excellent large hotel in a superb situation which caters for weddings and coach parties,
but if you are prepared to put up with that there is no problem.
We had a spacious and well appointed sea view room with large bathroom with both bath and separate shower. The restaurant provided an excellent meal on our first evening but the menu
is a bit limited. we ate in the centre of Galway city on our our other two evenings where there is a superb choice of restaurants.
It is a good out of town location with ample parking.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice late 2013. Once for pleasure and then again for a wedding.

Could not fault the hotel either time.

Food was great, especially the steak in the restaurant which was cooked to perfection and just looked mouth watering.

View of Galway bay from the room was beautiful the next morning. And the room itself was spacious, modern and clean. ( the comment card on the table was left filled in by the previous guest, that didn't bother us, and from what they said they enjoyed it as much as we did).

Special mention for Damian who was on duty both times we stayed and helped make our stay all the more enjoyable.

Would definitely return and I have not seen a better place in Galway for a wedding, they know exactly what they are doing here.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thatsjustmyopinion13
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I attended a wedding on 19 June 2014 at the Salthill Hotel as a guest and was very impressed. People were pleased with the wedding package (e.g. the sparkling wine in the reception before the meal, the canapes etc.), but what impressed me was the graciousness of the service during the very tasty meal. I was not feeling well and declined the dessert. The staff (I remember Ann and Jackie, in particular) offered ice cream and fruit salad as an alternative, without even a hint from me. I know too that the staff prepared some toast for a baby who was at the meal. The wedding was admittedly a small one, and I realise that it might not have been possible for the staff to have been so helpful if the numbers had been large. But it was appreciated and made a difference. The DJ that evening, Aidan Kenny, was also very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family